Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Serious question how many people on here have been stocking up on stuff ?
    Is it not a bit early or over dramatic for all that ?
    I've had a couple of months' supply since the end of January. Got in ahead of the panic buying. I'm in the fortunate position that I live alone and work from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

UrbanFret wrote: »
    So we have about 3 days to get our finger out.

The question is will our Government listen they haven't been quick to act yet (in my opinion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

BetterWay wrote: »
    Is it possible to read this thread like Reddit in terms of most Thanked posts?

The volume of posts in it and the speed its moving at is making it impossible to see the important stuff

Thanks

INCORRECT INFO - made new post here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112797043&postcount=1025

Yes, on the legacy site. Advanced search and search 'Title Only' using this thread title (or whatever thread you want). You'll get all the posts and you can then sort by 'Most Thanked'. You can keep refreshing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-10/us-coronavirus-cases-far-above-official-tally-scientists
    Researchers estimate best case scenario of 1000 undetected cases in the US and more realistic scenario of 10,000 undetected

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

UrbanFret wrote: »
    So we have about 3 days to get our finger out.

And do what ? lock the country down for 6 months ?

I'm not sure what people expect to be done that wont have worse long term effect on the country

Genuine question it doesn't sound nice but how many of the deaths have been people on deaths door just waiting for something to tip them over the egde

I read a 103 women had it and recovered after 6 days

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Wonder how many more times posters are going to inform us that it’s been declared a Pandemic...

Did you not get the PM????

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Genuine question it doesn't sound nice but how many of the deaths have been people on deaths door just waiting for something to tip them over the egde

The only possible response to this post is **** YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,146 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

statesaver wrote: »
    Put that way, that scary st1t

Just listening to WHO update, no excuse now not to take control of situation. Ireland needs to take huge decisions now, and shut all school, and public places.all pubs, restaurants , cinemas, concerts, sports, everything needs to be shut down asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Tut tut...you aren't even allowed mention the flu here or attempt a comparison. You will be sanctioned.

Nonsense poster is giving real numbers.

It does seem like Italys elderly population does very badly in flu season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

I'm not sure what people expect to be done that wont have worse long term effect on the country

Look at Lombardy. Hospitals overwhelmed. No treatment if you have a heart attack etc. Doesn't matter what Age you are. Hospital care essentially stops when the cases pile up resulting in a much much higher death rate and adjusted death rate. This is ignoring your awful morals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

namloc1980 wrote: »
    We'll need to organise a committee to discuss this.

Better order a commission to prepare a report on which committee, right away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

That’s what people should realize. There is no guarantee that a shutdown would end in a few weeks, it could go on for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Would you **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

WHO now saying '' do what ever it takes''

Shut it down, shut it down now !

That’s pretty emphatic from an organisation like the WHO to use language like that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,827 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The problem with a lockdown is that it can only be done for a month or so.

You simply cannot shut down a country and a society for three or six months (the lockdown itself would probably kill more people than the virus). That's why some medical experts are urging considerable caution.

Jesus would you be saying that if you had someone you loved at very high risk ready to be be "tipped" over the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

The Italian numbers are due aren't they?

I saw the lombard numbers earlier and they don't look good but it's hard for me to say as I don't usually look at the regional numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The notion that the ill and elderly are somehow expendable is a very poor indictment on our so called society.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Genuine question it doesn't sound nice but how many of the deaths have been people on deaths door just waiting for something to tip them over the edge

We have 250 ICU beds in the whole country. That ain't worth diddlysquat. Ireland needs to restrict all gatherings for a month. We can't stop it but we can buy some time and that might just give us the edge we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

What time are the Irish numbers released at?

• Advertisement

Genuine question it doesn't sound nice but how many of the deaths have been people on deaths door just waiting for something to tip them over the edge.

A callous and insensitive take. Clearly you don't have a vulnerable loved one, or care about it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Doyler99 wrote: »

Around 7 usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,072 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Around 8/8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

dougm1970 wrote: »
    roger ?

Who?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

In or around 6. It was yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lillycakes2

How do some countries have no cases? that's really interesting...….

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The WHO saying any country with under a 100 cases time to throw the kitchen sink at it.

Meanwhile in Ireland Tony Holohan is calling Care Homes meanies for introducing visiting restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Tordelback wrote: »
    The only possible response to this post is **** YOU.

Why im not being funny or abusive, iv had grand parents that ended up dying from a bad cold because of there age,
    I'm just wondering if there is anyway knowing number for people like this the Cornavirus has taken ,

it doesn't lessen or cheapen there life i'm not saying that ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Heres a good article about the actual no. of infections

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

On January 21st, the number of new diagnosed cases (orange) is exploding: there are around 100 new cases. In reality, there were 1,500 new cases that day, growing exponentially. But the authorities didn’t know that. What they knew was that suddenly there were 100 new cases of this new illness.

• Advertisement

Dr Michael Ryan I like him he speaks sense "We have observation (korea, china) that tells us , that there is a strong element of control ability in this disease"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement