Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

+2,313 in Italy today and +196 deaths. It's out of control there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Doyler99 wrote: »
    What time are the Irish numbers released at?

Usually around 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Genuine question it doesn't sound nice but how many of the deaths have been people on deaths door just waiting for something to tip them over the egde

Tell that to the family in Dublin who have lost a loved one today and to the families the world over who have lost family members of all ages and who likely can’t even give them a proper funeral

Get a grip of yourself posting ****e like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Boggles wrote: »
    The WHO saying any country with under a 100 cases time to throw the kitchen sink at it.

Meanwhile in Ireland Tony Holohan is calling Care Homes meanies for introducing visiting restrictions.

But but but social and economic concerns etc etc no kitchen sink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Nermal

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The notion that the ill and elderly are somehow expendable is a very poor indictment on our so called society.

They're not expendable, but they're not priceless either. No one is. A certain amount of excess deaths is preferable to an economic depression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

How do some countries have no cases? that's really interesting...….

Very few have no cases
    I'd think a lack of testing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Italy 2,313 new cases, 196 deaths (if I'm reading it right)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

statesaver wrote: »
    In or around 6. It was yesterday.
    timmyntc wrote: »
    Around 8/8.30
    Around 7 usually.

Ok then! It's agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Doyler99 wrote: »
    What time are the Irish numbers released at?

Lottó usually done around 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Jesus H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    Jesus would you be saying that if you had someone you loved at very high risk ready to be be "tipped" over the edge.

What im askin a question both my parents are high risk ,
    Im simply asking a question

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Corona virus has just been declared “an awful whore of a dose “ by my 96 year old neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

fritzelly wrote: »
    Italy 2,313 new cases, 196 deaths (if I'm reading it right)

****ing hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Pandemic you say. Mobilise the squad....

lidl.jpg

Nermal wrote: »
    They're not expendable, but they're not priceless either. No one is. A certain amount of excess deaths is preferable to an economic depression.

Economic depression is guaranteed now regardless of whether we go into lockdown or carry on as if nothing is wrong. The second scenario will result in more deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Tell that to the family in Dublin who have lost a loved one today and to the families the world over who have lost family members of all ages and who likely can’t even give them a proper funeral

Get a grip of yourself posting ****e like that.

Get a grip of what ?
    I simple asked a question

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Jesus

God love the medics there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Prof McConkey on Matt Cooper now.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

Given the acknowledged lack of respirators in irish hospitals it will be useful for those that need it to ensure oxygen tanks are full or At the worst buy a concentrator. Inyeresting that medics in philipinnes and China are using supplementary oxygen in the form of hyperbaric oxygen. I wonder if the centre's in dublin or Galway and bandon have been considered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

How do some countries have no cases? that's really interesting...….

Because they are either not testing or not reporting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

10% need critical care which no country is equipped to provide at large numbers, if we let it get out of control a lot more people will die which will make any economic consequences from a lockdown look like a drop in the ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

And do what ? lock the country down for 6 months ?

I'm not sure what people expect to be done that wont have worse long term effect on the country

Genuine question it doesn't sound nice but how many of the deaths have been people on deaths door just waiting for something to tip them over the egde

I read a 103 women had it and recovered after 6 days

The ignorance and arrogance is startling. When the HSE is overrun with this and nurses/doctors are getting sick
    then plenty of people will die of the virus and other illnesses/accidents because guess what, when resources are stretched every area suffers.

Also old people have recovered and young people have died, young healthy people have needed weeks of intubation just to survive.

Stheno wrote: »
    Jesus

God love the medics there

Death rate is rocketing because the health system is overloaded. That's why we have to immediately take steps here to flatten the curve. Government arsing around is going to cost lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

WHO let the dogs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

****!!! and it had dropped yesterday ....

f*ck it anyway ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Italy cases 12,462 new +2,313 deaths 827 new deaths +196

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I do not know how you can type those words out without feeling a small bit of shame. Certain amount of excess deaths could be well into the 10s of thousands.

I think I would actually prefer economic depression. 2 not great choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Italy now has by far the largest number of cases per capita in the world at over 206 per million, twice as many as Iran and 4x times as many as China

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

****!!! and it had dropped yesterday ....

f*ck it anyway ...

Probably won't see a drop for at least a week

• Advertisement

Your man from the WHO is talking about tracing people. It's in the national news today in Vietnam that the government is looking for a British guy who was behind the woman who had it. Full name out there. Massive exposure. It's good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement