Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Wombatman wrote: »
    Is it possible your average Chinese person had an immune system better equipped to deal with this type of virus, either due to repleted exposure to similar pathogens or genetic differences?

There was many a theory going around social media that the CPC figures being released that continuously held the cfr around 3% was following a standard quadratic formula and not to be trusted.

Maybe we're seeing the real cfr in Italy. Or maybe its that Italy have not applied the same level of lockdown as the CPC did in Wuhan/Hubei.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

wakka12 wrote: »
    It is 0.8% in South Korea.

They had a bad day yesterday.

South Korea reports 242 new cases of coronavirus and 6 new deaths, raising total to 7,755 cases and 60 dead

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Boggles wrote: »
    Italy's spike is because of delays yesterday. Not that it makes todays figures look great.

Still though, it must be fúcking carnage over there.

The soft ball questions for our "leaders" and Doctor Tony end now I hope.
    Sure "Doctor" Tony seems to want the spread maximized as much as possible the eejit. Wanting to undo the only positive thing that has happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Number of posts here are lessening. Corona virus fatigue before it's even started.

A lot of my posts were trying to warn people what was coming along with sarcastic mocking of people in very silly denial along with a bit of joking about.

It is here now a person has died today the government are now saying this is very serious.

What is going to unfold will unfold and I really hope my and other peoples predictions are wrong.

For the person who has died and the relatives this virus has already delivered devastation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Death rate in Italy, on latest figures, running at 6.6%.

Watched the Dr/nurses YouTube video earlier, his take on it is that the reason for the high death rate is due to them only processing serious cases first, lots of undiagnosed.

Hell of a lot of illegal Chinese workers over in Italy, I’d imagine they were reluctant to present themselves until they bad enough that they needed hospitalisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Dodge wrote: »
    Where’s that ****ing eejit from yesterday who was trying to say Italy had turned the corner?

450+ deaths in 3 days. Unspeakably sad

Well to be fair it did look like cases had gone down yesterday in Italy. There was a lag of 600 cases which were added today's totals. So actually todays number of new cases are similar to what yesterday's should have been which is similar to the day before that. Between 1500-2000 most days now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 industry accountant

But its true, unfortunately.

No, it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thanks a million for that . I am in my 60’s and would quite like a nice retirement if you don’t mind . 43 years in nursing and it would be nice if my excess death is not simply to prop up the economy

Ah c'mon dude, be a team player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i'm starting to get really worried about the death rate of this thing. it would appear that the very low death rates in china outside hubei are either complete fabrications, or they got a much less dangerous strain than every other country in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Italy numbers are skewed, as some Lombardy tests from YESTERDAY were not publicly announced yesterday evening.

Total confirmed: 12462 (+2313)
    Active cases: 10590 (+2076), divided in 3724 (+1135) self-quarantine, 5838 (+800) hospitalized, 1028 (+151) in ICU
    Deceased: 827 (+196) [age range is 50-59=2%, 60+=98%, more than 78% have at least 1 comorbidity]
    Recovered: 1045 (+41)
    Tested: 73154 (+12393)

Not really. It's the same numbers, just a portion of them reported today instead of yesterday. Overall situation and numbers are the same and it's fcuking grim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

But aren't they currently trialing a vaccine on live patients?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

But its true, unfortunately.

I heard a stand up comedian say one time that us Irish were better off when we had nothing. Choosing money over people is never an option for me,
    Dr Shipman is a perfect name for u sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Who in relation to countries who are not doing enough . . "You know who you are ".... whispers . .
    Donald

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

It doesnt mean a lot, but due to an issue in reporting, 600 are attributed to yesterday's numbers, meaning it's more like 1700, 1500, 1700 for the last 3 days. Still tho. wow.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#news

I wonder are Italy hitting there testing capacity limits at 1500-2000 cases

So tragic - wakey wakey goverment - still less than 100 cases - throw the kitchen sink at this now and not wait till after paddys day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,955 ✭✭✭amacca

Boggles wrote: »
    Italy's spike is because of delays yesterday. Not that it makes todays figures look great.

Still though, it must be fúcking carnage over there.

The soft ball questions for our "leaders" and Doctor Tony end now I hope.

Coukdnt agree more....why are the ****ers dithering. Act now, you will have to anyway, the sooner you do the longer you delay and give the health service time and people a chance.

**** your plans and your timeline, is the only reason you are not doing it now that people won't put up with it for long seems massively dubious .... smellss like beauracracy and lobby groups trumping pure public health concerns to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thanks a million for that . I am in my 60’s and would quite like a nice retirement if you don’t mind . 43 years in nursing and it would be nice if my excess death is not simply to prop up the economy

How dare you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

froog wrote: »
    i'm starting to get really worried about the death rate of this thing. it would appear that the very low death rates in china outside hubei are either complete fabrications, or they got a much less dangerous strain than every other country in the world.

WHO leaders said several days ago that the death rate would be much higher outside China as Chinese medical workers and facilities were now very experienced and efficient at keeping coronavirus patients alive.
    China also has a younger population than most of Europe, it has the same average age as Ireland which is the youngest country in Europe on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Death rate in Italy, on latest figures, running at 6.6%.

Yep, Italy is utterly overwhelmed at this point, those with mild symptoms or no symptoms are not being tested, only those who are clearly ill are so their death rate is going to skew way higher than China and South Korea due to the differing circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

gabeeg wrote: »
    Ah c'mon dude, be a team player

Lol , at least I can still laugh !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

South Korea has 0.6% currently, its all about the health system not getting overwhelmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It takes a special kind of scummer to value the economy over life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 industry accountant

I heard a stand up comedian say one time that us Irish were better off when we had nothing. Choosing money over people is never an option for me,

Easy for these fools to come out with crap like that when deaths are just a number on their screen and not actual people or family members.
    I'd happily tighten my belt if it meant no deaths from this.

sadie1502 wrote: »

a vaccine won't anything if you already have the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

It could also be the overload on the hospitals. More people die when there is simply not enough resources to deal with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I have a contact on Facebook who is a nurse at a Dublin hospital, and I have seen multiple posts from him with comments from his colleagues criticising the way the HSE is managing the situation (especially lack of transparency and poor contact tracking).

Looks like the frontline staff within the organisation isn’t exactly on the same page as their management.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

There was many a theory going around social media that the CPC figures being released that continuously held the cfr around 3% was following a standard quadratic formula and not to be trusted.

Maybe we're seeing the real cfr in Italy. Or maybe its that Italy have not applied the same level of lockdown as the CPC did in Wuhan/Hubei.

Yet there are countries with levels below that of China. Stop with the China conspiracy crap already. You've been called out and proven wrong multiple times already.

Spending too much time on anti China conspiracy videos/sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

I don't think so...IMO (as non expert) size of the outbreak has now exceeded ability of health service to cope with it in parts of Italy and so alot more people end up dying because they cannot get as good medical care as they need to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

sadie1502 wrote: »

Fvck no, were months away from that, realistically there wont be one till early next year. They are trialing existing drugs as treatment options.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

a vaccine won't anything if you already have the virus.

Well I know that but I'm saying for people who don't have it. Its looking like this could ne rolled out April or may is that correct?

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    South Korea has 0.6% currently, its all about the health system not getting overwhelmed

that figure is complete nonsense as 95% of their cases are unresolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement