Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,837 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Bob24 wrote: »
    Reducing human contact is what causes the drop/peak.

You couldn't keep an entire country and society in lockdown for longer than four weeks or so.

This is why some experts are warning against doing it too early. You could end up in the nightmare scenario of being in lockdown for four weeks and case numbers continuing to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,805 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The UK is upping the number of tests per day from 1,500 to 10,000.

That suggests there could soon be a pretty significant jump in the number of confirmed cases there.

Claytonhotel virus. Media blackout. Pm me hun for more details.

What happening there??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 biker16

i think people are right to be alarmed and the only way this can be contained now is an aggresive lockdown like what the chinese done...the real number of cases is prob in the thousands here and the problem is going to be the hospitals and how they cope when it does multiply...how we deal with it in the coming days is going to affect the overall death rate...the more overwhelmed the hospitals are the higher the death rate will be...italy is struggling because they didnt put their lockdown in early enough...i know theres a tendacy to overblow things sometimes but this is the real deal and we should be fighting it aggresivly so that people with respitary problems,diabetes ect are not left to die in overcrowded hospitals

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Oh my god I actually got a PM :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Strazdas wrote: »
    You could end up in the nightmare scenario of being in lockdown for four weeks and case numbers continuing to grow.

If it is a proper lockdown, this isn’t a possible scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Climate change budget will take a hiding now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Hickey's pharmacy charging €150 for a pack of 10 face masks earlier in the week.

pack of 50, i heard...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What happening there??

Multiple times in every thread there has been a rumor of a lockdown/hazmat suits/mass infection in various Clayton Hotels, it’s quite funny at this stage. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

Was it Tony Holohan? .....lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

What happening there??

Nothing, you'll get a dick pic or something in response.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Think that sums up some of the posters in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

53000 active cases right about now.
    Only due to China's unique control methodologies. They've even got robocop style helmets that reads anyones temp, hands-free. Then a FRCamera pulls their ID for 'visitation'.
    China has very new cases, but yet 50% are still active.

Also, take a look at the outside china caseload, the chart looks like a F16 doing a lift-off on it's way to the upper stratosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Ellsbells1 wrote: »
    I know of someone who went to the doctor today with a lot of symptoms but was told their temp wasn’t high enough for it to be CoVid, and isn’t being tested!! I was at the doctor with my child for something routine today and he wasn’t even wearing gloves. Surely they should be wearing gloves and masks and this gp isn’t a spring chicken either. Yet he was giving out saying there should be more done that a lockdown needs to happen now rather than in a few weeks.

Handwashing beats gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Surely the UK is too late. Honestly, Italy seemed to be stopping mass gatherings ages ago. There is no way someone in England hasn’t has the virus since around February.

Like did Italy hold anything like Cheltenham since the virus began to spread at the rate is has. I wouldn’t think so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Abbey127 wrote: »
    It's going to lead to another recession.

Absolutely but that may well be the least of our problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Tests led by U.S. government scientists show that the new coronavirus can live in the air for several hours and on some surfaces for up to three days
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/tests-show-virus-lives-surfaces-days-69534882

The principal form of transmission is supposed to be from person to person via airborne droplets.

So let's be quite clear on this, you should wash your hands down to the bone but you shouldn't wear a mask, as they don't work - except really they do but we want the masks and you can just go die a in corner you gullible fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

And with that I am going for a BM.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,019 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Do you realise if this is not true boards could be forced to hand over you're IP number and the hotel could sue you.

Friendly advice.:)

He's an IP number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'll have a pm. x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Hickey's pharmacy charging €150 for a pack of 10 face masks earlier in the week.

Crazy stuff ... I’m surprised a proper established business dares doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

What happening there??

Someone got the clap!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Strazdas wrote: »
    This is why some experts are warning against doing it too early. You could end up in the nightmare scenario of being in lockdown for four weeks and case numbers continuing to grow.

That scenario is highly likely. Four weeks could easily turn into four months. In such a case the restrictions would probably be eased to prevent societal issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

Kalyke wrote: »
    https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

A long, informative and worrying read. "Washington State is the USAs Wuhan" jumped out at me. Bottom line. We need to Socially Isolate NOW.

excellent analysis .... someone please point this to our national advisors

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Climate change budget will take a hiding now

Good. Only codding ourselves in Ireland if we think we can make a difference on the global front.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Have elective surgery’s been cancelled I though I saw a post saying that but can’t find it now my partner has a surgery scheduled in 13 days and we haven’t heard anything but want to be prepared if it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

pc7 wrote: »
    Multiple times in every thread there has been a rumor of a lockdown/hazmat suits/mass infection in various Clayton Hotels, it’s quite funny at this stage. :)

Seems like a safe place to stay now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement