Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

jackboy wrote: »
    That scenario is highly likely. Four weeks could easily turn into four months. In such a case the restrictions would probably be eased to prevent societal issues.

How is that scenario highly likely? Do you understand what a lockdown is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

pc7 wrote: »
    Multiple times in every thread there has been a rumor of a lockdown/hazmat suits/mass infection in various Clayton Hotels, it’s quite funny at this stage. :)

Whatever happened to the Drogheda 3? Did they ever make it into the official figures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Milan live cam

This square was busy up to 2 nights ago

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/it/webcam/italia/lombardia/milano/duomo-milano.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Surely the UK is too late. Honestly, Italy seemed to be stopping mass gatherings ages ago. There is no way someone in England hasn’t has the virus since around February.

Like did Italy hold anything like Cheltenham since the virus began to spread at the rate is has. I wouldn’t think so.

Yes carnival in Venice, for one, was only cut short by a day when cases absolutely skyrocketed. I'm sure many others

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bob24 wrote: »
    Crazy stuff ... I’m surprised a proper established business dares doing this.
    1. He is wrong, it was 150€ for 50 masks, not ten. So three quite a mask.

2. In defense of business like this, they probably had to pay more to get them from their suppliers. It’s not that they would still be paying the same themselves too. So their cost goes up, and that gets passed on to customers, sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

Good. Only codding ourselves in Ireland if we think we can make a difference on the global front.
    Poor Eamonn Ryan will be crying into his green tea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Do you realise if this is not true boards could be forced to hand over you're IP number and the hotel could sue you.

Friendly advice.:)

I'm behind 7 proxies, gud' luck

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Whatever happened to the Drogheda 3? Did they ever make it into the official figures?

Just trapped wind....that, or a cover up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

That is freaky! Youd expect more out at 4am in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

PhantomHat wrote: »
    Poor Eamonn Ryan will be crying into his green tea

While watching old re runs of Dancing With Wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Bob24 wrote: »
    Crazy stuff ... I’m surprised a proper established business dares doing this.

Is there any actual evidence they did?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Where are people seeing a second death today? Can't find anything on it. Or is it more made up stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Mwengwe wrote: »
    How is that scenario highly likely? Do you understand what a lockdown is?

Yes, but this isn’t China. We don’t have enough guards and soldiers to police it.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

biker16 wrote: »
    i think people are right to be alarmed and the only way this can be contained now is an aggresive lockdown like what the chinese done...the real number of cases is prob in the thousands here and the problem is going to be the hospitals and how they cope when it does multiply...how we deal with it in the coming days is going to affect the overall death rate...the more overwhelmed the hospitals are the higher the death rate will be...italy is struggling because they didnt put their lockdown in early enough...i know theres a tendacy to overblow things sometimes but this is the real deal and we should be fighting it aggresivly so that people with respitary problems,diabetes ect are not left to die in overcrowded hospitals

WHO said earlier that each country reacts depending on circumstances. If the country is asked to self isolate too early people will get bored and not pay heed to it too early. I feel travel restrictions could have been put in place earlier to delay it. Be delaying it could mean treatment breakthroughs could be used. I also think shops should be limiting supply of items such as hand sanitiser, face masks etc. There could be legislation passed to prohibit shops from charging crazy prices

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

martin101 wrote: »
    Where are people seeing a second death today? Can't find anything on it. Or is it more made up stuff.

It was a false/duplicate claim. 1 death so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

Lord TSC wrote: »

2. In defense of business like this, they probably had to pay more to get them from their suppliers. It’s not that they would still be paying the same themselves too. So their cost goes up, and that gets passed on to customers, sadly.

So suppliers are charging pharmacies €1.62 per mask so when you add vat and full markup it comes to €149.00 so it’s actually correct , a single mask would be 2.98 each retail

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My inbox hasn’t been this lit in... ever

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Lord TSC wrote: »

My apologies, I meant to write 50, not 10. My bad!

I still think that price is outrageous. What was the price before this outbreak in fairness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Just trapped wind....that, or a cover up.

Maybe the HSE brought them to a secret facility to run all kinds of crazy tests on them... But they'll be in tommorows figures... Just you wait

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well there was 100% a case in there on Friday, I just can't tell you where they featured in official figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

My daughter is doing her junior cert this year and her school have sent out a notification that they got a directive from the board of education and they'll closing the school shortly and gave us instructions about home assignments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    My daughter is doing her junior cert this year and her school have sent out a notification that they got a directive from the board of education and they'll closing the school shortly and gave us instructions about home assignments.

Picture please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

2nd death might be on Politico since updated

MARCH 11, 20207:45 PM

Carmen Paun
    DEATH REPORTED IN IRELAND

Ireland has reported a death due to coronavirus, with the number of confirmed cases reaching 43.

This entry has been updated to correct the death toll

https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-live-updates-latest-news-blog/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

frillyleaf wrote: »
    WHO said earlier that each country reacts depending on circumstances. If the country is asked to self isolate too early people will get bored and not pay heed to it too early. I feel travel restrictions could have been put in place earlier to delay it. Be delaying it could mean treatment breakthroughs could be used. I also think shops should be limiting supply of items such as hand sanitiser, face masks etc. There could be legislation passed to prohibit shops from charging crazy prices

So what... wait until a few people die, then try to stop it from spreading?

If we had people from the government trying to emphasize how important it was and people making unhelpful and ignorant comments online suggesting it's not that bad should have them deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Axfrderr wrote: »
    Sounds like someone farted towards the end of that vid.

In the circumstances we can say it was a shart.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

My apologies, I meant to write 50, not 10. My bad!

I still think that price is outrageous. What was the price before this outbreak in fairness?

It's not like it was a fat fingered typo, you'd have ran with it had it not been pulled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

Picture please?

Reported :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

It's moving fast in ireland too :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

GolfNut33 wrote: »

Yes family member is a principle on the midlands I’m hearing the same schools are being told to prepare for closures

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement