Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

This maths implies we can test enough people to achieve those numbers of infection. As such, it is interesting but not very practical.

I'm assuming you're joking, but for the hoi polloi reading this, the infection numbers obviously have nothing to do with the level of testing, much as Trump would wish it was so!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Mr.S wrote: »
    Logistically how is this shutdown working in Italy? Assuming people still go to the supermarkets and whatnot, which means deliveries are still happening and people still need to work in all areas of one shops supply chain?

Italy's just gone on full lockdown..

Coronavirus, Conte: "In Italy all shops except food and pharmacies closed until March 25th. Transport guaranteed. The effects in 14 days"

https://www.repubblica.it/politica/2020/03/11/news/coronavirus_conte_italia_governo_misure-250988471/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    25 year old guy on the radio this morning, who has now recovered, was in bed for four days with a high fever. He said with was debilitating.

Would this be any where online to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not to politize this,but surely this will drive people to that ould lad that wants to bring in free healthcare over there
    There all oul lads really, I don't think Biden does? Bernie looks in trouble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

In the area near Estepona that we go to often, a couple of bars and restaurants have been quarantined now. From residents that we know there.

Like yourself, glad to have postponed our Paddy's week trip now.

But we are probably as vulnerable here, but at least we are at home.

I'm currently in a lodge in South Kerry. P1ssing rain but in relative isolation for a few days. I'll be home in a couple of hours if I need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

France has around 2k cases.

Germany has 1.5k cases.

Italy has over 10k cases and a 4% fatality rate.

It doesn't take a genius to work out something is wrong with the way Italy is handling it.

There is something unique about the situation in Italy.

Yes they are about a week ahead of those places. Spain, France and Germany have basically the same trajectory of cases as Italy had at the same stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

banie01 wrote: »
    Washington State =/= Washington D.C ;)

There's @ 3000 miles in the difference.

It's DC that declared the emergency, Washington declared it about 3 or 4 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Why is everyone so adamant to shut the schools. I guarantee that tonnes of people will have their parents babysit therefore potentially having their own children kill off their grandparents

Andrew00 wrote: »
    I have a family member with Crohns Disease/Colitis.

Should we be concerned can someone please answer
    This looks like a good resource for advice
    https://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/what-ibd-patients-should-know-about-2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

People making light of the situation need a quick reality check.

https://twitter.com/CovidIreland/status/1237759709169332225?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Some lad from Juventus tested positive? I guess he's a soccer player and not some random bloke from the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

utmbuilder wrote: »
    let me throw this one at you guys

Sydney , 5 million people, first case in Jan

Chinese population of Sydney born in china 5% 250,000 people.

Total cases 60.

the 4 other corona viruses have been seasonal, hopefully it will ease in June and some miracle happens and the vaccine makes it through without the trial period, although not ideal with our a proper trials.

They only have the 5g turned up to 2.5g

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Check this site out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭banie01

fritzelly wrote: »
    It's DC that declared the emergency, Washington declared it about 3 or 4 days ago

My bad!

Nothing to really add, other than I’m not ashamed to say I’m very worried.

Reading the last week or so about the scenarios in the Italian hospitals are truly frightening and I expect the same /worse for here

I’m not buying into the elderly only nonsense

Strictly in term of fatalities it is (so far). This chart is up to the 9th of March. Not any less grim of course. Can't find a similar more up to date chart.

https://www.iss.it/documents/20126/0/Infografica_09marzo.pdf/1f62ad0a-e156-cf27-309d-26adcb1b52b4?t=1583782049035

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Mods: I imagine there’ll be an argument for stating things factually, but I think it would show respect to have the title of the thread amended to say “1 RIP” or even just “1 Death”, as opposed to “1 Dead“. It’s a very sad title to have on this thread.

jokeshop wrote: »
    He'll sign whatever is put in front of him.

A purely cermonial position with the odd vapid statement issued every now and then about how homelessness is bad or the nation needs to do such and such along with the traditional Christmas speech.

The Queen of Ireland.
    I didn't realise Panti was the president?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

¡Ay, caramba!
    Wrong language.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mickey15ie

Have to say, Aer Lingus have been fairly poor in their handling of this whole thing. I'd say they're bricking it.

very uncooperative

• Advertisement

This disease mainly attacks the lung so as long as they're strong in that area they should be able to fight it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Look at the trajectory for the United States...

I think the mortality rate there will be massive :-/ They are at least as careless as Italy was at the beginning in terms of containment, but they also have lower accessibility to healthcare so when the sh*t hits the fan they will have even more untreated patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I know you’re concerned but why do you think anyone here would know the answer to that?
    Ask your GP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Natural selection!! A match in Germany tonight between Gladbach & Köln was held behind closed doors, but yet the fans still turn up out side. FFs like.

https://twitter.com/FBAwayDays/status/1237845523924574212

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

France has around 2k cases.

Germany has 1.5k cases.

Italy has over 10k cases and a 4% fatality rate.

It doesn't take a genius to work out something is wrong with the way Italy is handling it.

There is something unique about the situation in Italy.

Bar some fairly insubstantial demographic differences, the only thing unique is that the explosion of cases in Italy started a few days before France and Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Natural selection!! A match in Germany tonight between Gladbach & Köln was held behind closed doors, but yet the fans still turn up out side. FFs like.

https://twitter.com/FBAwayDays/status/1237845523924574212

Same story in Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

banie01 wrote: »
    My bad!

But Washington state reports 99 new cases of coronavirus and 5 new deaths, raising state's total to 366 cases and 29 dead

Cannot wait for this Trump briefing - we will be zero

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Hurrache wrote: »
    Some lad from Juventus tested positive? I guess he's a soccer player and not some random bloke from the city?

that'd be Turin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Hurrache wrote: »

Yes, Juventus is a team in Turin, not a city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Bob24 wrote: »
    I think the mortality rate there will be massive :-/ They are at least as careless as Italy was at first, but also have lower accessibility to healthcare.

I'd be looking at places such as India, Bangladesh, Brazil for massive mortality rates. Unfortunately and sadly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement