Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Juve due to play Lyon on Tuesday. Surely puts the tournament in a spot of trouble.

Would be a terrible shame after Athleticos glorious win tonight!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

UK to enter the delay phase

That will involve closing schools, etc.

Giving us the final push to do so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ES20ePUU4AAjU8g?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Serious crime can still be dealt with by way of special sittings.

In reality most public order, low level drugs and general petty crimes can be put back a few weeks if necessary while violent crime is dealt with on a case by case basis by way of special sittings.

It would be far more damaging to the administration of justice if huge numbers of judges become unavailable to oversee proceedings due to illness.

Judges won't stop working over illnesses and nor should they.

God help us if news comes out that our courts are shutting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

ITV spoke to doctors in Italy

They say, many 20 year olds with horrible pneumonia.. with no underlying factors ( no comorbidity) the media isn't reporting it...

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/italy-doctors-coronavirus-covid-19-quarantine-milan-health/

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Not necessarily. It can be 6mths to a year after an arrest before it gets to court. Unless it's a special sitting, that's pretty much straight away.

Remands and charged too appear in court can't be longer than thirty days after the date

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The troll has left the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Whats the point? I am sure 1000's of people have already had it and haven't even noticed.
    Testing should be focussed on the vulnerable.

To go further on this point, this virus has been spreading before people even knew it existed.
    Death rates are inflated because only people with extreme symptoms have been tested and those cases tend to be the people with pre exsiting conditions/weak immune sytems/the elderly.

Instead of testing people who have had contact with people coming back certain areas, it would be better to just test people with pre existing conditions or elderly/vulnerable people.
    Only test others when they show symptoms.

Most Young and middle aged people will never even show symptoms, even if the carry the virus, but we can protect the vulnerabe from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Well they are on track to be worse than Italy in their response

Not a concern for us. Italy and Europe are closer and more connected with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

What is your point?
    Why are you posting here ...again ..what is your point?

Do you understand the pressure the HSE are going to be under , rhe impact of this on treatment availability? The Imapct on the Irish economy which is already in the doldrums ..the longer this goes on the worse its going to be for everyone in this country for our kids our parents etc etc. We are a small country isolated on the edge of Europe , of which our nearest neighbours arn't even in anymore. Business will go under because of this . We will all suffer for years to come because of this.

Again . what is your ****ing point?

Minor nitpick. The Irish economy was not in the doldrums anyway. Last five years we've been one of the fastest growing economies in the world, even after excluding the leprechaun economics year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Are we still among the countries that doesn't quarantine or block people coming from Italy :eek:

800px-Restrizioni_per_gli_Italiani_COVID19.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Italy#/media/File:Restrizioni_per_gli_Italiani_COVID19.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Good lord. Just listened to the Waterford radio piece. They didn’t even tell them?! He just woke up and they were all now wearing masks and gloves and aprons? But the catering staff aren’t? You could not make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The troll has left the building.

which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Can we please ban anyone but mods issuing thread instructions from posting in bold or highlights. Your posts are no more important than anyone elses on the thread and nearly as annoying as the trolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

Something I thought of bank link machines how many fingers have been on them also computer key boards. Money too. The thing is there isn’t enough hand sanitizer available- if clean hands help stop the spread hand sanitizer should be everywhere, none at bank machines that I’ve seen though a petrol station I was at had wipes in a stand outside the shop and a bin for disposal. Another thing kids in school sharing hand sanitizer and touching the nozzle, they should be told to use a tissue.

All these things ... could help stop the spread. We got iodine tablets years ago but now we don’t have enough hand sanitizer. People bought in bulk and it’s all gone in many places. My mam got some in a chemist who limited it to one bottle per customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    ITV spoke to doctors in Italy

They say, many 20 year olds with horrible pneumonia.. with no underlying factors ( no comorbidity) the media isn't reporting it...

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/italy-doctors-coronavirus-covid-19-quarantine-milan-health/

Not pleasant reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

Are we still among the countries that doesn't quarantine or block people coming from Italy :eek:

800px-Restrizioni_per_gli_Italiani_COVID19.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Italy#/media/File:Restrizioni_per_gli_Italiani_COVID19.png
    That’s not updated.
    Spain forbade flights from Italy yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I heard from someone in the NHS they expect London to be on lockdown within two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

optogirl wrote: »
    Huh?

They have a point. I doubt the scumbags will stop scumbagging just because of this and if they hear there's no courts .... If anything scumbagginess may have increased, eg masks, sanitizer thefts from hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

The courts deal with a lot more than crime. I think plenty of divorces, land disputes, personal injuries hearings could be delayed. Some criminal matters need to go ahead, but not necessarily the trials. There’s plenty of scope for taking a lot of cases out of the courts right now and only keeping the very urgent stuff like bail hearings

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Come on Beasty you know it's true, check the Irish Times, indo, news talk etc sites from a few weeks ago. "the risk is low" was repeated as nauseum.
    Before that they barely even covered it and this was a regular complaint right here on these threads.
    You said "nothing to worry about". I was asking you for examples of this. I'm not going looking because I don't recall any such statements

Reading through some of the moronic posts on this thread I'm beginning to root for Covid 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Qatar had 24 confirmed cases yesterday....

238 today.

Frightening stats!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

citysights wrote: »
    Something I thought of bank link machines how many fingers have been on them also computer key boards. Money too. The thing is there isn’t enough hand sanitizer available- if clean hands help stop the spread hand sanitizer should be everywhere, none at bank machines that I’ve seen though a petrol station I was at had wipes in a stand outside the shop and a bin for disposal. Another thing kids in school sharing hand sanitizer and touching the nozzle, they should be told to use a tissue.

All these things ... could help stop the spread. We got iodine tablets years ago but now we don’t have enough hand sanitizer. People bought in bulk and it’s all gone in many places. My mam got some in a chemist who limited it to one bottle per customer.

If you can stop using cash.
    Ive installed Apple Pay on my phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I heard from someone in the NHS they expect London to be on lockdown within two weeks

I heard I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Can we please ban anyone but mods issuing thread instructions from posting in bold or highlights. Your posts are no more important than anyone elses on the thread and nearly as annoying as the trolls.

Well said! and horrible to look at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Minimum post count
    Minimum post count
    Minimum post count
    Minimum post count

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement