Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Reminder Trump's address to the nation at 12 am Irish time. This should be gold.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,466 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Beanybabog wrote: »
    The courts deal with a lot more than crime. I think plenty of divorces, land disputes, personal injuries hearings could be delayed. Some criminal matters need to go ahead, but not necessarily the trials. There’s plenty of scope for taking a lot of cases out of the courts right now and only keeping the very urgent stuff like bail hearings

Yes you're right there is scope in that regard. And I feel that those cancellations should be kept quiet and made on an individual basis.

The general outward impression is that our legal institutions are operating as normal and criminals will be dealt with as usual.

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    ITV spoke to doctors in Italy

They say, many 20 year olds with horrible pneumonia.. with no underlying factors ( no comorbidity) the media isn't reporting it...

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/italy-doctors-coronavirus-covid-19-quarantine-milan-health/

That is one scary article

That’s one of the most narrow minded, ill informed, immature moronic posts on any of the 6 threads on this topic.

It's cold but it's not immature. The best people to deal with a crisis are those that can leave their personal feelings and emotions at the door.

The likes of Doctors have empathy and compassion but they also have the ability to turn them off and go into cold calculated mode when needs be. That's how they triage mass casualties in a major emergency. They have to just accept that the person in front of them is going to die and move into someone that stands a chance.

If you have undergone major emergency planning that would be the first thing they tell you. Setup a triage area AND a temporary morgue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Huffington reporter twitter. With this nonsense the US be like China in a couple of weeks.

https://twitter.com/RottenInDenmark/status/1237842075745259524

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

fritzelly wrote: »
    Minimum post count
    Minimum post count
    Minimum post count
    Minimum post count

Ah you can't block new users in fairness. You can't assume that they'll all be be annoying attention seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

They say, many 20 year olds with horrible pneumonia.. with no underlying factors ( no comorbidity) the media isn't reporting it...

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/italy-doctors-coronavirus-covid-19-quarantine-milan-health/

In the article they say the youngest in ICU is 38. Lot younger than statistically likely but not in their 20s

“There are a lot of young people in our Intensive Care Units (ICUs) - our youngest is a 38-year-old who had had no comorbidities (underlying health problems).”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That's tough to read. Should put to bed the chatter (but it won't) that only oldies and sick people are at risk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I heard from someone in the NHS they expect London to be on lockdown within two weeks

Please explain what you mean by lockdown - The word is being completely abused. I am in London at the minute, home Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lanor2020

Anyone have any stats on timeline between first confirmed case and first fatality in various countries? I'm wondering is there a general trend or if a shortening of this timeframe could possibly depict an increased virulence of the virus? I suppose underlying illnesses and age profile etc of initial confirmed cases would possibly cause variation.

RIP to the lady in Ireland who died today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Cuckoo7

Huffington reporter twitter. With this nonsense the US be like China in a couple of weeks.

https://twitter.com/RottenInDenmark/status/1237842075745259524

That’s nuts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Please explain what you mean by lockdown - The word is being completely abused. I am in London at the minute, home Friday.

It’s bull****. WW2 didn’t lock the place down

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Nijmegen wrote: »
    In the article they say the youngest in ICU is 38. Lot younger than statistically likely but not in their 20s

“There are a lot of young people in our Intensive Care Units (ICUs) - our youngest is a 38-year-old who had had no comorbidities (underlying health problems).”

Not so long ago their death demographic was 65+, it's reducing
    Then reports of them refusing admission for over 65's

Is this Italian strain more severe or mutating to a more severe strain
    IIRC in China the percentage of under 65's needing to be in ICU was very very low

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Neither did 7/7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Not pleasant reading.

Definitely not.

And the killer sentence at the end: “The World Health Organisation ranks Italy second in the world for health care provision, with only France rated higher. The UK is 18th.”.

What we are seeing there is what happens with the second best health system in the world :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do we know yet what underlying condition the deceased in ROI had?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

NiftyBowedAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Reminder Trump's address to the nation at 12 am Irish time. This should be gold.

CORONA.gif

even after excluding the leprechaun economics year.

Leave me out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

What do you call the WW2 blackout and rationing then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Awful :(

Where in the name of god is all of this going to end up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Given the total numbers in Italy, it's no surprise that younger people are also in serious trouble. Some of them did in fact die in China but just a far lower proportion of the age group. Also bear in mind that there are many more 20 year olds everywhere in the world than there are 80 year olds.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do we know yet what underlying condition the deceased in ROI had?

Jesus a bit soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Nijmegen wrote: »

You didn't read the full article

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

fritzelly wrote: »
    Not so long ago their death demographic was 65+, it's reducing
    Then reports of them refusing admission for over 65's

Is this Italian strain more severe or mutating to a more severe strain
    IIRC in China the percentage of under 65's needing to be in ICU was very very low

As ever we don’t really have clear data. I’ve seen a few interesting suppositions about CV that didn’t pan out over the last few weeks. It could just be that the Italian health system can’t handle the volume of cases, they have a vastly older average population and we’re seeing a lot of people dying as a result. (Which is scary enough as a scenario...)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

In the hope it stops anyone reporting them, I am letting you all know I have lifted The_Dazzler's threadban

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

CORONA.gif

He likes blaming the Mexicans 😀

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

NiftyBowedAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

Stop! that freaked me out - I can see Westminster bridge from my hotel. :D

What do you call the WW2 blackout and rationing then?

It did not lock down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    When is trumps press conference
    midnight our time, i heard?

His address is at 1.00am, not midnight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement