Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

No. But if you have a look at Italy, Germany, France, the uk, scandanavia you will see. Try not to be flippant.

Apples to oranges, as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,466 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Denmark and Scandinavia in general reporting enormous cases in relation to their populations.

Is there a reason for this?

A lot of Italian ski holidays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    ITV spoke to doctors in Italy

They say, many 20 year olds with horrible pneumonia.. with no underlying factors ( no comorbidity) the media isn't reporting it...

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-11/italy-doctors-coronavirus-covid-19-quarantine-milan-health/

An Itilian docter here explaining that currently they can not tell who will probably recover and who may go critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

I heard I heard

I’m hearing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A very interesting article on why we need to act urgently.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    He likes blaming the Mexicans ��

Hindsight...should have built his wall, that will keep away the nasty disease, as for COVID-19.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

tuxy wrote: »
    An Itilian docter here explaining that currently they can not tell who will probably recover and who may go critical.

Why are people like that o Neil tosspot downplaying it. It’s absolutely reckless on his part if this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Denmark and Scandinavia in general reporting enormous cases in relation to their populations.

Is there a reason for this?

A lot of Italian ski holidays?

Testing more people?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That's tough to read. Should put to bed the chatter (but it won't) that only oldies and sick people are at risk.

And with a “renowned” health care service on the brink of collapse what hope have we in a few weeks time?

They’re making daily decisions on who lives and who dies based on limited supplies of breathing equipment- in Italy, a country with a world class health care system - we’re fcked :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,334 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What do you call the WW2 blackout and rationing then?

Not really the same, you could still gather and move around the country freely.
    Take the boat to Britain at your own risk of getting sunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

dan786 wrote: »
    Its a Juventus FC player that tested positive for the person that was asking. Its Daniele Rugani to he exact

https://twitter.com/ln1982/status/1237865737705803778

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jesus a bit soon

Sorry but I am anxious and curious to know

This is really serious stuff honestly. The last few pages have shaken me. I have a flu here right now. Playin* it off but I’ve had it for 3 days now. Thankfully no headache but hearing condition can deteriorate rapidly. That’s scary as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

And with a “renowned” health care service on the brink of collapse what hope have we in a few weeks time?

They’re making daily decisions on who lives and who dies based on limited supplies of breathing equipment- in Italy, a country with a world class health care system - we’re fcked :eek:

We're not. There is still time to combat it. I fully expect a range of measures to come into place in this country before the end of the week. We are two weeks ahead of Italy. We can still use that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

tuxy wrote: »

These stories coming from frontline staff in Italy are very sobering. Remember we only have 250 ICU beds in Ireland. Scary thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

People just don’t want to face the reality. Chatting to colleagues who are contingency planning for the virus on the one side in work, actively aware of the steps government are taking and are likely to take, and discussing whether to cancel dinner and cinema and travel plans or not (mostly not) on the other hand.

If it’s serious enough that you are saying to one another “ok schools are going to likely close next week, so we need X, Y and Z for the disruption to the workforce and customers for that...” and you can’t get your head around the idea it’d be a bad choice to fly to the UK for a weekend? Just don’t want their important little lives interrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Prof from Trinity College says on the Tonight Show that one big hope is that the virus is a seasonal flu and will retreat once the warmer weather comes in.

It would then rebound in the autumn but the 5-6 months would buy the authorities precious time. But he adds they simply don't know what they are dealing with and if it is seasonal or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

wakka12 wrote: »
    Means at least 4 more unknown people spreading it..and then who spread it to those 4 unknown? More unknown people.
    no, they were known.

It is shameful if young people are not being warned adequately about the dangers that this poses to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is really serious stuff honestly. The last few pages have shaken me. I have a flu here right now. Playin* it off but I’ve had it for 3 days now. Thankfully no headache but hearing condition can deteriorate rapidly. That’s scary as hell.

Call your doctor to be sure and safe

It is hard to tell the difference the flu, a cold and Covid19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Guys if you end up in a bad way in ICU tell them you have no underlying medical issues, it might save your life

We're not. There is still time to combat it. I fully expect a range of measures to come into place in this country before the end of the week. We are two weeks ahead of Italy. We can still use that time.

Slowing it down, yes. And we definitely should do that. But when it hits, who knows. It’s not going to be pretty that’s for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Or relatives with chronic conditions.

Or relatives.

Even if you are cold, and pragmatic, and willing to sacrifice everyone over the age of 60 for the sake of a few euro it would be wise to recognize (even for one's own selfishness) that the entire health service will collapse if we have 10s of thousands of cases. It will just cease to function. The health service is used by all sections of society.

If you have a ruptured appendix and there is no health service to care for you, there's a fairly high chance that you'll die. What am I saying? A weak member of society that is suffering from appendicitis should be culled anyway, waste of space.

A good post random. Sadly our own government didn't cop this from the start and thought cv wouldn't affect us.

We are going to see a significant uptick in the curve of new cases.

As with not immediately banning flights to and from Italy, it is insanity they haven't ordered all schools and universities to be closed.

It will likely be too late to prevent the huge upward trend when they do it.

Varadkar needs to show some leadership for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Axfrderr

It did not lock down

Why would it?
    How would a lockdown have helped the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Guys if you end up in a bad way in ICU tell them you have no underlying medical issues, it might save your life

It might kill you too though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Interesting from the FT on the spread after 100 cases in a number of countries. Not looking great now is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,466 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Axfrderr wrote: »
    Why would it?
    How would a lockdown have helped the situation?

Lockdown is an American term only recently inserted into our language.

Restrictions on daily life is probably a more accurate description of what's going on in Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

If you are referred for testing, can they send someone to your house to do it?

Waiting in a room with other suspected cases is a good way of spreading both it and whatever other diseases present like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Stan Collymore tweeted that remaining EPL games will be behind closed doors with no televised 3pm games and season ticket holders being provided with streams.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement