Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

fritzelly wrote: »
    Why is he excluding the UK - doesn't make sense

Because he is a fcuking idiot.

Put stupid in charge, get stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Somethin up with him, weird breathing sounds like the beginning of a panic attack or something?

Trumps breathing always sounds weird tbh. Too much coke in the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

I'm in the States now, due to return to Ireland on 22nd. I wonder will the EU retaliate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I presume Irish government officials are included in this ban on travel.

Markets are going to tank tomorrow.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

There’s something going on here. UK acting completely blasé about the whole thing but not facing travel ban from the US. Do they know something we don’t.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

trump dialed up the response to 100

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

Strazdas wrote: »
    Flamin' hell......I didn't see that one coming

And he did say the UK was exempt

Well, maybe consider that it MUST be more serious than some think if even Trump has been persuaded to do this. He’s an imbecile who lives denial and fantasy so if this has been done it can’t just be the hysteria of a few posters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

'special relationship'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

In the very first batch of cases a guy turned up from Cork with a positive test. They hadn't a clue how or who he got it from. Does this sound like a success to you?

How is that the HSE’s fault? I’m sure they quizzed him thoroughly but there could be gaps in his own knowledge that the HSE can’t fill in. Like, he may have had contact with somebody who was in an affected region and not realised it. The HSE are trying to trace where people picked it up but that depends a lot on the infected person giving them enough information which they might not have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Somethin up with him, weird breathing sounds like the beginning of a panic attack or something?

Maybe he has the virus!

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

delly wrote: »
    Jesus, that is some step for the US to take. Also Trumpy does seem a little off, that or he having issues reading the auto q.

In the first few seconds of the speech he looked to get a jolt of pain

The government would want to clarify ASAP whether this applies to Ireland.

Ridiculous nonsense. UK cases are about to explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sparko wrote: »
    I'm in the States now, due to return to Ireland on 22nd. I wonder will the EU retaliate.

Enjoy your extended stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

People shouting for schools to close have given very little thought to the implications of that.

I can see why the DOH are reluctant to order the closures. They want to wait until its no longer an option but a necessity.

Doctors, nurses, admin support that keep the wheels turning, Gardai, army, prison officers, food supply chain, medical supplies, all essential and all include people who will choose to stay at home rather than put themselves and their families at risk.

And I don't blame them either if they choose to do that. It's very scary for them too.

Why? My oldest son is in secondary school and the school he attends was told it would be fined if it didn't supply hand sanitizer due to the outbreak. There was just water to wash your hands before that.

I've three asthmatic people in our house. One is severely asthmatic and attends the local primary school (over 300 pupils). Lets just say my eyes have been opened to the lack of hand hygiene available to him too.

Imo if the schools close now (given that people are symptomatic in two weeks) it will extract a large number of people from contracting and spreading the virus.

Hopefully this will also have a knock on effect on the already strained health services. But maybe I'm missing something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

he blames europe for the chinese getting to america by proxy... bans europe... but lets the uk travel and people from europe by proxy xD

• Registered Users Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

His dig at the EU was most unhelpful.....a real cheap shot

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Xertz wrote: »
    Sounds like a political attack on the EU to be quite honest.

He's doing what we have wanted Ireland to do, ban flights into Ireland from Europe,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Tippex wrote: »
    In the first few seconds of the speech he looked to get a jolt of pain

Noticed that too. You could see his hands clench along with the break in speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Cupatae wrote: »
    i genuinely fear for this country, we have weak people in charge that are afraid to make the big calls, bunch of cowardly followers is what we have in charge, indecisiveness will do an awful lot of damage.

I wonder who voted these weak leaders in?

• Advertisement

He's doing what we have wanted Ireland to do, ban flights into Ireland from Europe,

Except the UK!??

This is an attack on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Jesus, thatll be some interesting breakfast news for the population in the morning

Xertz wrote: »
    Sounds like a political attack on the EU to be quite honest.

Definitely with the inclusion of cargo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Just waiting for the end of his speech........"by the way I have it"

He certainly sounds unwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Christy42

No he hasn't. He has forced them to transfer through Heathrow. We have free travel going that way. This is political. Why ban flights from Hungary which are doing far better than the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Denmark, fyi...

All students are to be sent home friday, and stay at there for the following two weeks

Schools, universities etc. will be closed for two weeks starting monday

Meetings of more than 100 people are discouraged

All public servants are sent home for two weeks (with pay)

Bars, restaurants, cafés etc. are encouraged to stay closed for the period

All cultural institutions will be closed for the two-week duration

Private businesses must send those who can work from home, home

People are, in general, encouraged to stay home

Vital institutions will NOT shut down. Do not hamster supplies and do not panic.

Religious societies are encouraged to cancel gatherings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Trump and any of the imbeciles defending him can all go **** themselves.

It's worse in the US than most of the EU and he's engaging in his usual nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

Ipso wrote: »
    Brexit.

Yep he loves closing borders, loves Brexit and hates the EU. Hardly surprising that this is the solution he’s jump to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Strazdas wrote: »
    His dig at the EU was most unhelpful.....a real cheap shot

would you expect anything more?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement