Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grange Park Grove Raheny

Options
  • 11-03-2020 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

Myself and my partner are looking to buy and have seen some affordable properties in Raheny specifically Grange Park Grove. I was wondering if there was anyone on the thread living here that could tell me about the area? Or can anyone tell me about the area that may be familiar with Grange Park Grove/Raheny? Being reasonably close to town is important to us so a good transport link is important (ideally 30/40 min commute even in rush hour) What are facilities like for a young couple?
    Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

It's working class in the true sense of the phrase. Probably the better address than Kilbarrack or Edenmore but it's very close to both. Personally I love Kilbarrack and have only ever had one run in.

The DART is an awesome amenity to have close access to. I'm at work in D2 in 40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I'm long gone out of the general area (was never in the exact one, but in the wider general area), would still have friends in the area and visit etc. So my opinion is dated. It would, to my mind, be a far better spot than Kilbarrack and worth checking school catchment areas in particular, not sure where it sits. Would have been rough enough up close to the petrol station end once upon a time but probably all settled and gentrified now? Depending on what section of it, you'd be very close to raheny dart Station which to me is a massive bonus over getting off at the next station (or used to be). Again, all dated info. I'd definitely park a car at night and walk the area to get a feel for it, was only in grange Park Grove recently and wouldn't have considered it working class in a classical sense or whatever that description was

Advertisement