Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hints,Tips and Suggestions to Fight This Virus.

Options
  • 11-03-2020 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

I'd like to start of with a quick story.
    Up until 5yrs ago I would suffer mild hay fever most summers, nothing I couldn't cope with but a little annoying. Anyway that was until a friend of my Mum who seen me sneeze and sniffle one sunny day and asked ohhh have you hay-fever,I said "aye it's grand just a bit here and there".. so she suggested I rub a small dab of Vaseline at the entrance to my nostrils and went on to explain about how the pollen would stick to the vaseline and prevent it from entering my system, I thought yes that actually makes sense.... Long story short that's exactly what I have done ever since and I swear my 'mild' hay-fever has never returned.
    Look I stand to be corrected by science, I stand to be corrected by boardsies etc no worries.. but if I thought this would even stop one grain of covid 19 entering my system then give it a go shir what have you got to lose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Covid-19 is 0.12 microns compared to the vastly larger pollen which ranges from 10 to 100 microns, so Vaseline won't catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

I heard On FB that if you coat the back of your throat with mercury you won’t die of C-19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

EDit wrote: »
    I heard On FB that if you coat the back of your throat with mercury you won’t die of C-19

But you will die of Mercury poisoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Vitamin D taken daily

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Wash your hands with soap regularly, avoid touching surfaces in public, keep your hands away from your mouth, nose and eyes, avoid sick people, being too close to people and large groups as much as possible

That's what people need to do. Simple stuff, no magic tricks or bullshît

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

If you want genuine advice, I suggest avoid Social Media. Talk to a medical practitioner instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Covid-19 is 0.12 microns compared to the vastly larger pollen which ranges from 10 to 100 microns, so Vaseline won't catch it.

I don't think this was what the OP was suggesting tho I may be wrong... I read it that there are often non scientific albeit community science to assist in ways to boost pur immune system, not simply using the vaseline example.. At the very least it can remove some of the elements of waiting and watching and feeling somewhat helpless. . The benefits of placebo and nocebo are well documented.
    I did not know about the vaseline and hayfever so thank you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

The virus itself but isn't airborne transmission via droplets not individual viruses.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

here is a sticky with sources of info, and a general thread. Sorry but we are not having another thread on this in CA

Please go to relevant forums for specific topics you may need further info on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement