If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 Speaker Package

Options
  • 11-03-2020 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Back for a bit more advise re.speakers.

Currently running the Denon 2300W with a set of KEF 2005.2 eggs, long time in use and have served us well but probably time for a change.

Limited with size of speakers hence why the KEF's so looking something similar size wise and to improve on the sound.

Ideally I would probably look at the Q Acoustics 3010i package but I think I will have to rule them out on size, will double check dimensions.

Anything else you can recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

THE ALM wrote: »
    Back for a bit more advise re.speakers.

Currently running the Denon 2300W with a set of KEF 2005.2 eggs, long time in use and have served us well but probably time for a change.

Limited with size of speakers hence why the KEF's so looking something similar size wise and to improve on the sound.

Ideally I would probably look at the Q Acoustics 3010i package but I think I will have to rule them out on size, will double check dimensions.

Anything else you can recommend?

Thanks
    Hi The Alm.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Get a small speaker with the performance of the KEF's will be tricky.
    The 3010i 5.1 would sound fantastic if you can fit them but are the sort of standardish size for a bookshelf speaker.

There is the Monitor Audio Radius range which are a compact speaker that sound excellent.
    It is that bit more expensive though.
    Radius 90 as fronts
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12540-monitor-audio-radius-90-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Radius 45's are rears
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12545-monitor-audio-radius-45-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Radius 200 for centre
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12548-monitor-audio-radius-200-black-black-single-centre.aspx

Radius 380 for sub
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12553-monitor-audio-radius-380-black-black-subwoofer.aspx

Retails at £1249.
    I could offer this pack for £890 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Thanks for the feedback Kenny will look into those.

Have a pair of 3020 that I picked up from late last year and if I put these where the front eggs are then the depth is a problem hence the dilemma.  

The Radius 90's are a similar dimension to the eggs so could be a contender although after picking up the OLED804 recently funds will have to wait.

How does the Mass 5.1 system stack up and I see the Wharfedale DX2 getting good reviews?

Have a pair of 3020 that I picked up from late last year and if I put these where the front eggs are then the depth is a problem hence the dilemma.  

The Radius 90's are a similar dimension to the eggs so could be a contender although after picking up the OLED804 recently funds will have to wait.

How does the Mass 5.1 system stack up and I see the Wharfedale DX2 getting good reviews?
    Hey The Alm.

The Mass 5.1 are also very good sounding little speaker pack. (I actually forgot about them somehow).
    We have had these setup up many times in our demo room and they produce an excellent sound for such a small speaker.

The DX2 is also a great speaker pack for its price tag and has had fantastic reviews.

The DX2 would be the one to go for in its price range. The Mass pack would be the same.

Hey The Alm.

The Mass 5.1 are also very good sounding little speaker pack. (I actually forgot about them somehow).
    We have had these setup up many times in our demo room and they produce an excellent sound for such a small speaker.

The DX2 is also a great speaker pack for its price tag and has had fantastic reviews.

The DX2 would be the one to go for in its price range. The Mass pack would be the same.
    Thanks Kenny, lots to ponder.

Not sure I would see much of a gain with the Mass and DX2, maybe I'm wrong on that front?

I think the Radius or 3010 would see bigger gains if I can fit them.

Hey The Alm.

Thanks Kenny, lots to ponder.

Not sure I would see much of a gain with the Mass and DX2, maybe I'm wrong on that front?

I think the Radius or 3010 would see bigger gains if I can fit them.
    Hey The Alm.

You are correct there would not be a big enough increase in quality going from your KEF to the Mass or the DX2 (the DX2 would be of lesser quality).

• Advertisement

Hey The Alm.

You are correct there would not be a big enough increase in quality going from your KEF to the Mass or the DX2 (the DX2 would be of lesser quality).
    Would there be anything to be gained from keeping the 4 eggs as surrounds and changing the centre and sub maybe?

Hey The Alm.

Would there be anything to be gained from keeping the 4 eggs as surrounds and changing the centre and sub maybe?
    Hey The Alm.

You can use you current front and rears no problem.

You could upgrade the centre and sub and see how you feel they sound and if required you can upgrade the other speakers as you go.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.