Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei B535 vs B525

• 11-03-2020 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Have a choice between the standard Three broadband offer of 30 a month with a Huawei B535, or a corporate rate of 25 a month with a Huawei B525. Anyone have experience of the 535, is it worth the extra fiver? (In the boonies so every little bit helps)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

is this any help
    Note row two: 26 months, as 365/28(topup in days) = 13 months per year, however, you keep these €20 as credits on your SIM and can use them for calls/SMS, might be for other services(if anyone know, please share)

505296.JPG

Connection still to same masts if on Three network, same crappy speed, same pain when it doesn't work.

Check amazon for "unlocked Huawei B***"

Cant comment much about interface/management, as don't have it, but by tech specs looks close, however, B535 with less features - B525 has ability to connect standard phone to use credits for calls

Note: rows 3 and 4 prices based on your info, not confirmed with Three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have similar situation, I have a B525 installed and working

Deal is with the B535 but no sure if I should replace the B525 or just continue with it and go SIM only or something.

I cant find a comparison anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭brcwatters

Thanks smuggler - I ended up going with the 30 euro 535 option, hopefully it will come soon as with 3 teenagers home from school for the next couple of weeks we're going to need decent "broadband"

brcwatters wrote: »
    Thanks smuggler - I ended up going with the 30 euro 535 option, hopefully it will come soon as with 3 teenagers home from school for the next couple of weeks we're going to need decent "broadband"
    Your choice.
    Hope you have tested Three coverage in your area at least on your phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭brcwatters

Sorry smuggler.ie - meant to say I had already gone with it before your reply came in - ended up having to make decision in a hurry as was hoping to get one sent out that day or early the next in order to have it by this coming week. We have Rural Wifi at the moment which I understand is basically Three but twice the price so hoping it will be the same. Not brilliant but best we can get here.

• Advertisement

brcwatters wrote: »
    Sorry smuggler.ie - meant to say I had already gone with it before your reply came in - ended up having to make decision in a hurry as was hoping to get one sent out that day or early the next in order to have it by this coming week. We have Rural Wifi at the moment which I understand is basically Three but twice the price so hoping it will be the same. Not brilliant but best we can get here.
    You grand,
    Its doable, in some areas, might need outside areal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

You grand,
    Its doable, in some areas, might need outside areal...

Like any of these services you need to check location of antenna

I had vodafone, swapped to Three and better performance, the Three masts are a slight bit closer plus they are newer so most people bought vodafone years ago like me and have never swapped so less congestion

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Like any of these services you need to check location of antenna

I had vodafone, swapped to Three and better performance, the Three masts are a slight bit closer plus they are newer so most people bought vodafone years ago like me and have never swapped so less congestion
    Good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Dose the b353 handle 4g+ im getting great 4g+ speed on my phone with 3 on my repeater. But rubbish on 4g. Would like to use a 3 sim in a modem to receive 4g+. Any idea what modem to buy thanks

Advertisement