Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please - Hard drive not showing files

Options
  • 11-03-2020 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I use an external HDD to store loads of photos and videos and connect it to the Smart TV. Today I spotted an option on the TV to record Terrestrial TV to the Hard drive and flicked through the settings. It said something about prepare the HDD and I clicked okay and was then able to record. It did not warn "this will format the disk".

Then I went to open a video from the drive and there is nothing. Pretty sure the TV did not format the drive as it shows as 810gb used (as it was before) on both the TV file browser and on my Mac. The "preparing" thing lasted maybe 10 seconds so I don't think it formatted it that quickly.

Anyone got a suggestion?

TV is a Samsung Smart TV, couple years old.
    Hard Drive is a Seagate Wireless (although wired in this case via USB)

Thanks for any help in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Have you tried hooking up the hdd to a laptop/pc to see if it can read the files. The TV might have written some directory structure that is causing the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Oh thank f*ck.

Now to backup the backup.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

stiofan85 wrote: »
    Oh thank f*ck.

Now to backup the backup.

Thanks

I take it you can access the files again?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

mordeith wrote: »
    I take it you can access the files again?

yes, thanks! I keep that windows laptop around for situations like this.

cheers

Advertisement