Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to wire HKC shock sensor

Options
  • 11-03-2020 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭

Getting nowhere with the installation of a HKC shock sensor to a 1070 panel.
    I have wired a standard sensor (no shock) to the same zone and that works fine.
    Can it be a dodgy one?
    I just wired red/black to the top most contacts on the sensor (don't really care for tamper right now) and the same to zone 10 on the panel.
    The zone keeps staying open.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

SD_DRACULA wrote: »
    Getting nowhere with the installation of a HKC shock sensor to a 1070 panel.
    I have wired a standard sensor (no shock) to the same zone and that works fine.
    Can it be a dodgy one?
    I just wired red/black to the top most contacts on the sensor (don't really care for tamper right now) and the same to zone 10 on the panel.
    The zone keeps staying open.

What type sensor you trying to add?
    Any pictures of the device wired in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

It was a standard shock sensor from HKC but worked it out, the arrow was not pointing up so it wasn't registering but seems ok now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

SD_DRACULA wrote: »
    It was a standard shock sensor from HKC but worked it out, the arrow was not pointing up so it wasn't registering but seems ok now

Usually catches people out

Advertisement