Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Wireless sensor - intermittent Tamper

Options
  • 12-03-2020 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Hi experts

have a rather mischievous HKC wireless door senor about once every 3 or 4 months it goes tamper -ok - tamper - ok a few times.

Battery replaced multiple times

and it always happens between 1am and 3am which is wonderful :mad:!!!

Any hits or tips or is it a case of either liking it or putting up a new sensor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

fclauson wrote: »
    Hi experts

have a rather mischievous HKC wireless door senor about once every 3 or 4 months it goes tamper -ok - tamper - ok a few times.

Battery replaced multiple times

and it always happens between 1am and 3am which is wonderful :mad:!!!

Any hits or tips or is it a case of either liking it or putting up a new sensor

Check the spring in the device, ive seen a few which have become compressed and not holding the tamper closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

Thanks for this - I think it might be the one on the back (black side) and I have put a little bit of packing behind the microswitch

we shall see - I'll report back in three months time (or longer I hope) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

fclauson wrote: »
    Thanks for this - I think it might be the one on the back (black side) and I have put a little bit of packing behind the microswitch

we shall see - I'll report back in three months time (or longer I hope) :cool:

Could be either of them so no harm in trying both

Advertisement