Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Covid stuff to Current Affairs

1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Can't see that it'd be a bad thing if Ireland and UK were included in the travel ban to the US.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I'm working from home at the minute but cannot be confident that my projects will weather this well. Already seeing serious disruption.

Plan to smash into Coursera courses straight away tomorrow. An IT networks course the starting point.

In crisis I guess there is some opportunity.

I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to keep themselves ticking over and most importantly keep the mind busy folks.

Any good for a regular worker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Closing one half of my business come Monday. We test a specific item that is mainly manufactured in China. Things went quiet mid Jan as expected for Chinese New Year but the rest is history as they never reopened after it. Most of the Chinese manufacturers didn't pay their testing bills for obvious reasons and a lot still aren't back or if they are it's slow going.

Unfortunately for us we have accreditation fees that must be paid, but with no cash flow and we are unsure of ever recouping the debts, our hands are tied as a small business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 TravelTiger

ultrapercy wrote: »
    That isnt how herd immunity works. Its how people in UK are told it works but its not how it actually works.

Care to elaborate how it actually works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm in the middle East so a couple of weeks ahead of ye. I'm not a teacher but I work with children in sport. We've been offered two scenarios, take a varying level of pay reduction depending on how the situation looks in April or take a mutual termination.

Teachers jobs here are on the line. Most schools take fees on a term by term basis and with schools closed and distance learning in place then it's likely many parents will not pay up as they cover possible loss of earnings on their end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

Some eejit on The Ciara Kelly Show on Newstalk on Friday saying sure its great as we can't go out now and in a few weeks we will all be loaded with money and will all have great craic then, Alot of people are being laid off especially self employed and contractors, part timers etc, its hitting people hard in the pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Nosnon wrote: »
    Mod- All Covid threads merged so everyone can see this without me repeating myself 10 times. All Covid stuff is to go to Current Affairs https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1846

Here is the current thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058060796
    Bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

garrettod wrote: »
    Speaking of the Mexicans, what ever happened to the wall that he was going to build, to keep the Mexicans out of the USA?

I really wish the press would start asking him about the wall again :D

The Mexicans have sent a cheque for 3 billion and asked Trump if he could hurry up and finish it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Wibbs wrote: »
    What's staggering about that figure is that it would give every American, man, woman and child one and half a million dollars each. Make the entire nation all millionaires in one fell swoop. For the price of a marketing and shmoozing bill. Unreal. And repellent.

Ha ha ha.
    There's the proof that you need to fact check ****e you read or hear.

There about 300 people in the states??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I hear about the state of emergency. I hear lots more too. Problem is. I am getting tee'd off with all the silly news stories that are creeping into the real news stories. Result, I am not going to watch the news for the weekend and intend on playing my Laurel and Hardy boxset of DVDs. By Monday I hope Don Don will not have hit the red button. I think he would love to be the Pres who fired the first nuke.

Dan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I hear about the state of emergency. I hear lots more too. Problem is. I am getting tee'd off with all the silly news stories that are creeping into the real news stories. Result, I am not going to watch the news for the weekend and intend on playing my Laurel and Hardy boxset of DVDs. By Monday I hope Don Don will not have hit the red button. I think he would love to be the Pres who fired the first nuke.

What? Who would he "nuke" and why? :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In fairness to Wibbs, that number was doing the rounds due to an erroneous CNN(I think) claim..
    Well I have dyscalculia, IE congenitally thick at numbers and keep forgetting that I run outa maths when I run outa fingers, so there's that... :o If you ever see me take off my shoes and socks that's me doin hard sums. :D Oh and worse again I came up with that figure all on my ownsome. No excuses of I read it somewhere. :o *puts on pointy hat with large D on it and stands in corner*

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Nosnon wrote: »
    Mod- All Covid threads merged so everyone can see this without me repeating myself 10 times. All Covid stuff is to go to Current Affairs https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1846

Here is the current thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058060796

bump 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement