Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proud of Ireland

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

the problem British voters have is that one party is ideologically opposed to public spending while the other is ideologically opposed to Britain.

The latter claim is absurd. There was certainly a hard left faction in control of the Labour party but they've been largely and fortunately dispelled from their hegemony.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Yeah, but it comes at a cost, you impoverish the working class and lower end of middle class who eint be able to aspire to owning homes etc... because they are paying for free housing for others ....

Your beloved working poor can't afford houses in the UK either! It's as bad if not worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The latter claim is absurd. There was certainly a hard left faction in control of the Labour party but they've been largely and fortunately dispelled from their hegemony.
    Well it was certainly the case the last time the British people went to the polls and was reflected in the outcome of the election. You still have the likes of Long-Bailey and Thornberry hanging about cheered on by shitbag "journalists" (read: activists) like Owen Jones and "Literal Communist" Ash Sarkar. Although I would concede that Sir Keir is much more a fan of Britain than his predecessor .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Well it was certainly the case the last time the British people went to the polls and was reflected in the outcome of the election. You still have the likes of Long-Bailey and Thornberry hanging about cheered on by shitbag "journalists" (read: activists) like Owen Jones and "Literal Communist" Ash Sarkar. Although I would concede that Sir Keir is much more a fan of Britain than his predecessor .

I think that that's a bit ridiculous to be honest. The whole "fan of Britain" bit reads like something out of a permanently enraged rag like the Express.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I think that that's a bit ridiculous to be honest. The whole "fan of Britain" bit reads like something out of a permanently enraged rag like the Express.
    Perhaps but its a narrative/perception that impacted the election.

• Advertisement
Advertisement