Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools closed until undetermined date - was March 29th

1495051525355»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

acequion wrote: »
    Well, if all that is true then we're in for a real fight and fight we'll have to.

Every single one of us is willing to compromise and willing to take considerably less leave this exceptional year.

But what they are asking, if all true, is as usual far too much. Even the ramifications of all staff in the building in July seems risky. The older the person the more at risk from this virus and many teachers are in their fifties and still quite a few in their sixties,with this group most likely to have very elderly parents. So, assuming there are still dangers about in mid July, would such teachers not be in their rights to point blank refuse?

And while it wouldn't surprise me if this were all true, I also have doubts. Our standing rep did not send such an email as the one posted by mirrorwall. Yet it was signed by a member of SC. Also, a post appears to have been removed on ASTI facebook page. So a mystery, just what we bloody need!

It really is very worrying. And also disgraceful of the Dept to once again behave with zero regard to the T&C of our job,let alone the mental health of everybody in these terrible times.

We're have had nothing in from the TUI but honestly that doesn't surprise me much....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

We're have had nothing in from the TUI but honestly that doesn't surprise me much....

well considering they represent third level mainly what do they care

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Greensoup

km79 wrote: »
    And the orals.
    I made this point yday
    Very unfair

History can be written up relatively quickly but geography with sketches and graphs takes an age. Our school was writing them up the week school shut and were goin to have them done in the 3 weeks to Easter. Submitting was the 24th so the week after Easter was there for the usual few to finish up. Now only 2 weeks before exam, not seen students in 4 months and they’ll want to work on exam qs not the project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

khalessi wrote: »
    well considering they represent third level mainly what do they care

Vast majority of TUI members are 2nd level teachers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Gone ridiculously off topic, plus the trolls have arrived.

Closing this for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement