Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit report check

• 12-03-2020 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Does it look bad or negative if a lender (or multiple) checks your credit report?

I am looking into a loan and have already gotten approval from a credit union. However I was considering going with Avant as there rates are better. Obviously each time I apply for this loan I need to have a credit check done. Is this a negative thing having lenders do checks like that??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Any info at all would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Q&A

Cona wrote: »
    Any info at all would be great

Shouldn't be an issue in itself. Multiple rejections might raise suspicions or if you have significant number of loans approved waiting to draw down. But there's no crime in shopping around.

Even if there were you've been approved for the first loan already firms don't usually go back for a second look (unless your loan approval is quite renewal).

• Registered Users Posts: 49 davedonie

It's only negative if after doing the credit check they decline your application. Not even negative actually, it might just put other lenders off if they see you've been declined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Great thanks for the info, haven’t been declined at all so I should be fine!!

Advertisement