Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red bark mulch/chippings

• 12-03-2020 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

Is this available anymore? Tried Woodies, B&Q, etc, and can only find brown bark. I checked online to see if anywhere in Ireland has it, and there only seem to be large quantities available (eg 0.5m3) which is far more than I need (two to three bags would do me).

Also, I read that bark chippings should be laid without using weed control membrane. I would have put down a membrane before I put the bark down, but now I'm not sure.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

I may be wrong, but I think that if you lay the bark mulch thickly enough it will do the same job as the membrane, suppressing the weeds by excluding light. Mulches were used for weed suppression long before plastic membrane was invented

Advertisement