Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOUSE SALE PANDAMONIUM

Options
  • 12-03-2020 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Evening All .

What are the legalities regarding house sale and purchasers taking the piss with delays .
    Currently 16 weeks since sale agreed contracts are all signed a week now but yet purchasers have come up with another issue and need more time to even get to talking about a closing date .
    House should have been a bog standard sale no boundary issues legalities etc all straight forward but excuse after excuse and delay aftet delay has led me to mental incapacity and bordering nervous breakdown .i feel trapped and held to randsome any ideas on how to get some closure .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Welcome to buying and selling houses. Totally normal. Expect it to take a few more weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 68,784 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to more appropriate forum

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What are the legalities regarding house sale and purchasers taking the piss with delays
    Are the purchasers trying to sell their own house?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,518 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Evening All .

What are the legalities regarding house sale and purchasers taking the piss with delays .
    Currently 16 weeks since sale agreed contracts are all signed a week now but yet purchasers have come up with another issue and need more time to even get to talking about a closing date .
    House should have been a bog standard sale no boundary issues legalities etc all straight forward but excuse after excuse and delay aftet delay has led me to mental incapacity and bordering nervous breakdown .i feel trapped and held to randsome any ideas on how to get some closure .

Are they in a chain ? Did you check to see if they have the funds before going same agreed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Think this is why taking a cash offer over a mortgage offer is preferred even if not as high as it is a lot quicker and stressful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement