Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

External Walls - Repaired

• 13-03-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Stupid question.

I want to have someone look at the external walls of houses (council house built in 70s).

I'm look for them to either repair cracks or add another layer? I'm just not sure how to phrase it or even the name of what I'm looking for if that makes sense?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Daith wrote: »
    Hi all,

Stupid question.

I want to have someone look at the external walls of houses (council house built in 70s).

I'm look for them to either repair cracks or add another layer? I'm just not sure how to phrase it or even the name of what I'm looking for if that makes sense?

Put up a photo, hard to tell with out knowing how the wall is finished/made

At a guess Id say its a Plasterer who does external work you are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Daith

Ronney wrote: »
    Put up a photo, hard to tell with out knowing how the wall is finished/made

At a guess Id say its a Plasterer who does external work you are looking for.

Thanks. Will do when I'm back there.

It's not a smooth finish, maybe pebble dash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Ronney

Pebble dash would be done by a Plasterer too.

The thing you want to check is are the cracks just in the outer layer or do they go right through the wall behind.

Outer layer if not too bad might just be filled with a sand/cement render and painted over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Daith

Ronney wrote: »
    Pebble dash would be done by a Plasterer too.

The thing you want to check is are the cracks just in the outer layer or do they go right through the wall behind.

Outer layer if not too bad might just be filled with a sand/cement render and painted over.

Thanks. Just something I can start with!

Advertisement