Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

George Lee has said 139 in ROI. Does he mean 129.

I've never seen so many people misspeaking about this

He needs to slow down and take a breath

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I back tracked....20 new cases yesterday, 39 today.If we are saying 39 is essentially 2 days worth of results, there is a very tiny bit of encouragement in those numbers, although it is very early days yet..Be interested to see the rate of increase in Italy's around this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

A girl my wife works with is in hospital with Pneumonia, she is in her early 20's, apparently tested negative for COVID-19, hopefully its just coincidence, doesn't sound particularly re-assuring mind, given they work closely together, and I am not sure how often 20 odd year olds get Pneumonia randomly. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is there a breakdwon re travel related etc for this new 39

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Drumpot wrote: »
    Glad the HSE basically called out the muppets filling out pubs....
    Calling them out will do SFA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

They did but I thought their language could have been much stronger and critical.

Muppets would actually have been a good word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

2% of all tests testing positive George Lee just been saying on the news. That figure should calm us down a little but it's still a damn scary situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

AllForIt wrote: »
    Self isolate for 7 days or 14 days? Which is it?

The only government recommending 7 days is the UK. Safe to say do not listen to that advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

shesty wrote: »
    I back tracked....20 new cases yesterday, 39 today.If we are saying 39 is essentially 2 days worth of results, there is a very tiny bit of encouragement in those numbers, although it is very early days yet..Be interested to see the rate of increase in Italy's around this time.

Was it not 27 yesterday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

And fair play to the pubs that are taking this seriously and closing. They'll be the ones I give business to when this all hopefully runs it's course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Think our effort as a country from the hse and government has been good. People laughing and mocking and making chemical Ali “jokes” are no doubt the lads in the pubs today. Clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The numbers are going to increase dramatically next week as the rest criteria changed yesterday and all the tests are not complete

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Nice to see some pubs acting accordingly, some right really greedy pricks in Killarney last night, yes I know both are to blame but it's their premises, I really think their licences should be taken off them till this subsides if they don't cooperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Think our effort as a country from the hse and government has been good. People laughing and mocking and making chemical Ali “jokes” are no doubt the lads in the pubs today. Clowns.

Yes, it's been a very good response so far. And the percentage of positive tests us encouraging. Hoping we get this under control

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I've posted this already but will again to try calm the inevitable hysteria:

There should be a large jump in today's briefing but before people go crazy - it is due to an acceleration in getting test results back.
    It was taking nearly a day before but since yesterday they are getting results back in 4 hours.

So today's new cases figure will essentially be for 2 days and not 1

Sincerely, thank you for this.

does gov not have the authority to even advise pub closures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

The people working in the labs are unreal from 600 a week to 600 tests a day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Is there a history from today's 39 cases. Are they related to travel or community transmission?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭greenpilot

For the obvious reasons. There are stuff more important in life than jobs.

Yes. But some of us have families to support, mortgages to pay, little savings and work in businesses which will be shut down due to this. Without income, keeping a family and a household together creates enormous strain, especially mental strain, on parents and children. The fallout from this is going to be enormous and will take years to rectify to any level of what we deemed normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Wrex

I'm interested to get people's thoughts on when the peak of the virus will be here? Some say within 2 weeks, others say 2 or 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

There 39 cases were mostly all tested in the last 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

acequion wrote: »
    2% of all tests testing positive George Lee just been saying on the news. That figure should calm us down a little but it's still a damn scary situation.

So we've carried out about 6,500 tests? Genuine question, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

How many of the new cases are community transmission? That is by far the most important information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I hold my hands up and say I was one of those people, because I did believe for a period we were not doing enough based on the data from other countries. Sure Govt parties were still in post election hysteria.

I am now happy our focus has shifted and we seem to have a good strategy.

I've posted this already but I will again to calm the hysteria:

There should be a large jump in today's briefing but before people go crazy - it is due to an acceleration in getting test results back.
    It was taking nearly a day before but since yesterday they are getting results back in 4 hours.

So today's new cases figure will essentially be for 2 days and not 1
    just said most of those 39 are from the last 24hours

• Registered Users Posts: 17,544 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Not from 2 days of tests as someone said earlier

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Weepsie wrote: »
    And fair play to the pubs that are taking this seriously and closing. They'll be the ones I give business to when this all hopefully runs it's course

To be honest the ones still packing them in are temple bar **** and a large % of the customers will hopefully be leaving after their stag hen . Sadly they may be bringing an extra present back with them

• Advertisement

CMO won't give the travel versus local versus community/unknown breakdown till monday/tuesday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement