Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Is there any info to tell us where exactly in Ireland all these new cases are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    HSE inferring UK basing decisioning on using their own data with a sample size of 500 vs that of the WHO who have a sample size of 72000.

Utter fookwits across the water.

What are we worrying about them for? Concentrate on our own failings. Pubs open, airports open, ports open. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

I think this is absolute lunacy. We’re blaming children for socializing and play dates yet pubs are full of adults who should know better. Ah sure we’ll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Lashes28 wrote: »

Peepee creeper!!

Any other links? Asking for a friend...me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Lashes28 wrote: »

All things considered I would say that is a lot of people..every single person there is there just for leisure and entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

CMO won't say when he thinks it will peak

He doesn't know......like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Italy +3,497 new cases, +175 deaths today.

What are South Korea doing so well that Italy aren't ?

Around the same time Italy was starting to get out of control so was South Korea ..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

So is it completely irresponsible to go to the pub? Myself and my wife would like to go down for one, not necessarily because I'm mad for a pint but I want to support my local business. While one drink won't make it break them, I want them to still be there when this is over.

What do we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Brits must be the most stubborn, pig-headed nation on the planet.

Can't be seen to follow everyone else. Have to do their own thing.

How do you know that they’re wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

d51984 wrote: »
    Comet pub in Santry has closed, kitchen worker there has it.

Supposedly everybody left and went to drink in the Kilmardin y.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

d51984 wrote: »
    Comet pub in Santry has closed, kitchen worker there has it.

Supposedly everybody left and went to drink in the Kilmardinny

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Just a question, do we even have legislation to impose martial law? Curfews?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,451 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Irish people in general are self centred morons.

They are right and to hell with anyone else's opinion.

But once things go wrong for them it's da gubberments fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Italy +3,497 new cases, +175 deaths today.

What are South Korea doing so well that Italy aren't ?

Around the same time Italy was starting to get out of control so was South Korea ..

Flattening the curve ! That is why we are trying to follow their approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,404 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So is it completely irresponsible to go to the pub? Myself and my wife would like to go down for one, not necessarily because I'm mad for a pint but I want to support my local business. While one drink won't make it break them, I want them to still be there when this is over.

What do we think?

You know exactly what people think..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

If anyone can do the maths with last week's headline saying 1.9m can be infected within 3 weeks. How true can this be?

It was 1.9m total and half of that (950K) in the 3 weeks. It was also a worst case scenario that some places decided to take and run with and leave out the worst case piece.

Note that that article was 7 days ago and we are still no where near it and it was never likely to happen. It was more scaremongering. As was stated by officials at the start: we need to take this seriously but also not panic. There is a nice middle ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Peepee creeper!!

Any other links? Asking for a friend...me.

Well Milan looks alot quieter

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/lombardia/milano/duomo-milano.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

He doesn't know......like the rest of us.
    he has been promising a model all week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Almost all pubs in Cork closing after tonight until the end of March. Extraordinary times!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

What do we think?

Stay at home. I went out last night and it was very quiet and kinda wish I didn't now, won't be again for a while anyway I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭circadian

rameire wrote: »
    Supposedly everybody left and went to drink in the Kilmardinny

Which is crazy considering the core demographic of the Killer is the most at risk.

The amount of Brit bashing here is embarrassing. You bashers have big colonial chips on your shoulders. We need unity here and let them do what they will. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭ax530

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I assume they people near so take precautions as if anyone you see has it, May help reduce spread

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

splinter65 wrote: »
    How do you know that they’re wrong?

Because the countries implemented shutdowns are coming out the other side China, Singapore, South Korea.
    Italy didn’t and took the approach the UK are taking initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Flattening the curve ! That is why we are trying to follow their approach.

But Italy has been in lockdown for some time now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What do we think?

depends, is it a quiet country pub with less than 10 people in it, and everyone can sit a couple meters apart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

What do we think?

The sensible think to do is say away from the pubs.

But you want to go and are looking for an excuse to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Dtp1979 wrote: »

If you wash your hands as often as possible, use anti bacterial wipes and try to confine yourself to home as much as possible then what possible benefit could it be to you to know where the sick people are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I think this is absolute lunacy. We’re blaming children for socializing and play dates yet pubs are full of adults who should know better. Ah sure we’ll be grand!

As someone whose dad has a lung issue, the whole thing is fairly terrifying. The idea of me passing it around to people I care about because I caught it off some moron who couldn't resist a few scoops is absolutely maddening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement