Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Almost all pubs in Cork closing after tonight until the end of March. Extraordinary times!!

Well done cork

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭ax530

I assume they people near so take precautions as if anyone you see has it, May help reduce spread

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

But Italy has been in lockdown for some time now ...

No they aren’t. That is what they are trying to tell us. People continued to meet up etc ... only in the last few days have they properly shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The amount of Brit bashing here is embarrassing.

...but they deserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The amount of Brit bashing here is embarrassing. You bashers have big colonial chips on your shoulders. We need unity here and let them do what they will. Cop on.

wind it up, wind it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Lashes28 wrote: »
    It's Temple Bar so a good few are hopefully tourists and hen parties from abroad so, if they're infected, they'll bugger off and infect their home countries instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

best advice is.

To stay the fuk at home .

Have some discipline. You will appreciate life more when this is over. Do everything you can to keep as many people alive as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

wakka12 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that was just if we didnt close schools, do anything etc.
    1.9m seems ridiculously high

So the numbers for the UK should be massive?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sat the kiddo on the knee and buzzed the auld pair on Whatsapp video and we agreed not to talk about the news for the duration of the video call

Best thing we did all day

Cleared the head mentality, gonna disconnect from it for rest of the evening

Stay safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

splinter65 wrote: »
    How do you know that they’re wrong?

Only time will answer this

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Almost all pubs in Cork closing after tonight until the end of March. Extraordinary times!!

I've heard this too from bar staff. True?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Well done Cork pubs. Leading the way being socially responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,693 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

was expecting worse figures, sympathies to the man that died , but next week when we do proper testing, we will get a better understanding of where we really are -

Think its been the most or one of the depressing weeks of my life , every day doomsday seams worse , no Football, no rugby disstractions and of course Cheltenham should have been stopped and crowded pubs (threat of litigation might enforce proper social distancing) - Not to mention work just drying up for a long time - Oh man , its Saturday and I can't even have a drink to forget / relax(problem drinker) - and wake up tomorrow to more bad news (at least I won't be hungover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

French PM speaking now.
    Two days after Belgium, France closes bars, restaurants and cinemas.
    Still the Elections are going ahead tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Pops_20

News in from Italy just there. 3,000 new cases today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

spookwoman wrote: »
    why does only start at 01/03/2020?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

But it had spread before the lockdown.The point is to try and lockdown before the spread has taken hold.Which I would really hope we have just about done.I think we are at a tipping point at the moment.It can go either way in the next day or so, but signs are encouraging.I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

...but they deserve it

Unlike the idiots here partying like nothing's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Ignorance is bliss.
    Body bags are needed to change these idiots minds.
    Which will be duly provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

ITman88 wrote: »
    Only time will answer this

For some people on this thread they are wrong because they’re British. It’s cringeworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

I'll tell you what's selfish, expecting fit young healthy people to sit at home, bored off their holes on Paddy's weekend.

Well fook that one. I was out last night and I'll be out tonight and probably Sunday night too.

If I'm going to die then I want one last ride before I go.

Well done. You went to all the effort of registering a new account and posting that to cause a bit of a row. How imaginative. I'm sure the mods have never seen that trick before......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Apparently the owner of the Washington Inn in Cork has tested positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

During covid-19

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

They did it too late. It takes 4-6 weeks for and social controls to influence the case data. Important to note, it only slows the rate of growth. You may still get similar increases day on day e.g. Order of 1,000 until the growth ratio drops below 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

So is it completely irresponsible to go to the pub? Myself and my wife would like to go down for one, not necessarily because I'm mad for a pint but I want to support my local business. While one drink won't make it break them, I want them to still be there when this is over.

What do we think?

Put a 50 in an envelope and put it through the letter box.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Because the countries implemented shutdowns are coming out the other side China, Singapore, South Korea.
    Italy didn’t and took the approach the UK are taking initially.

Singapore didn’t implement a shutdown like we are planning though. Schools and business remained open

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

[/U]
    why does only start at 01/03/2020?

Dont want to fill the whole page with screen shot the link to the google has it going back to the first confirmed case which was the 16/1/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think the Govt should shut down the airports and pubs.
    I like a drink but these are times when we need to plan for our own personal survival.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

The amount of Brit bashing here is embarrassing. You bashers have big colonial chips on your shoulders. We need unity here and let them do what they will. Cop on.

We share part of this Island with them, of course their policies will have an effect here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement