Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'll tell you what's selfish, expecting fit young healthy people to sit at home, bored off their holes on Paddy's weekend.

Well fook that one. I was out last night and I'll be out tonight and probably Sunday night too.

If I'm going to die then I want one last ride before I go.

You registered on Boards just to say that, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The amount of Brit bashing here is embarrassing. You bashers have big colonial chips on your shoulders. We need unity here and let them do what they will. Cop on.

The Uk should unite and do what their EU neighbors are doing. They are not doing a f*cking thing.

Their lack of actions affect the whole world not just themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Dr Colm Henry says there was one cluster of 16 confirmed cases from one travel group returning to Ireland. https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1238534551502192640 where are they in the numbers? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

Pops_20 wrote: »
    News in from Italy just there. 3,000 new cases today.

+3,497

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

threat of litagation to pub / landlord to enforce social distancing , would work pretty quickly in Ireland -

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I'll tell you what's selfish, expecting fit young healthy people to sit at home, bored off their holes on Paddy's weekend.

Well fook that one. I was out last night and I'll be out tonight and probably Sunday night too.

I am fit, young and healthy and bored off my hole.
    But I have 3 kids and no choice in this.Welcome to the adult world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

touts wrote: »
    Well done. You went to all the effort of registering a new account and posting that to cause a bit of a row. How imaginative. I'm sure the mods have never seen that trick before......

luckily, no-one took the bait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

I was worried for a minute that George Lee's face was completely paralysed with fear.

Edit: WELL DONE Georgie bai, he just said it's not about how many cases they find but how many PEOPLE we SAVE.

I love that message.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Turtwig wrote: »
    They did it too late. It takes 4-6 weeks for and social controls to influence the case data. Important to note, it only slows the rate of growth. You may still get similar increases day on day e.g. Order of 1,000 until the growth ratio drops below 1.

And then when they lift the bans ?

surely the growth will just get exponential again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Martyr for the cause.
    Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

Dr Colm Henry says there was one cluster of 16 confirmed cases from one travel group returning to Ireland. https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1238534551502192640 where are they in the numbers? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

They said that yesterday ?

I think the Govt should shut down the airports and pubs.
    I like a drink but these are times when we need to plan for our own personal survival.

They shouldnt have too,commonsense should be enough to have people stay in

But it will likely transpire they will have to now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Apparently the owner of the Washington Inn in Cork has tested positive.
    Why are you posting this with no proof, cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

ricero wrote: »
    Hearing we are due a big announcement tonight between 6 and 7pm.

Reckon we are heading into lockdown.

13min left so.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Roisin Dubh and McGinns in Galway City closing.

Thank god local businesses are making the right decisions while the government dithers. Same with nursing homes and Paddy's Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

splinter65 wrote: »
    The man advising Johnson Patrick Vallance has explained himself and his approach totally and quite simply and in full. You can pretend he hasn’t or that you haven’t seen the explanation but that’s hard to believe.
    It’s a different approach to ours but that doesn’t make it wrong.
    Do you expect the crisis here to be over in 2 weeks time when the schools reopen?

It does make it more risky.
    Main assumptions are that reinfection doesn't occur or cause long term lung damage. There is evidence to suggest both but even still better to protect those most vulnerable / listen to WHO who's job it is to fight pandemics.
    One second order affect of the decision will be a massive reduction in pension obligations.

https://twitter.com/handyman1543/status/1238874599162613762?s=20

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-live-updates-uk-us-australia-italy-europe-school-shutdown-sport-events-cancelled-latest-update-news?page=with:block-5e6c9e8a8f085c6327bbfcb8#block-5e6c9e8a8f085c6327bbfcb8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

People in gyms are just as bad if not worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Trajectory from 1st of March . . . .

1, 6, 13, 19, 21, 24, 34, 43, 70, 90, 129, (. . .) . . .

129 ROI cases diagnosed as of today, Saturday 14th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

splinter65 wrote: »
    If you wash your hands as often as possible, use anti bacterial wipes and try to confine yourself to home as much as possible then what possible benefit could it be to you to know where the sick people are?

This is a virus, anti bacterial does nothing. Need to look for something with virucidal in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

We need to read what Italy have said and take feckin heed!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Pops_20 wrote: »
    News in from Italy just there. 3,000 new cases today.

3497 and 175 deaths. I really hope we don’t get to this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

pjohnson wrote: »
    Roisin Dubh and McGinns in Galway City closing.

Thank god local businesses are making the right decisions while the government dithers. Same with nursing homes and Paddy's Day.

Can hardly be worth it for pubs given the number of people actually going out never mind the health risks involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    13min left so.

Stop being so petty.

It was obviously the 5 45pm announcment that my councillor was referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Theres the Cheltenham wãnkers back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

France has gone into lock down. Bars, restaurants, etc closing. Public transport remains open;

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

We're not all 40+ that's all I'm saying.

Knock yourself out, troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

What do you mean?

Someone posted that Germany had 4181 cases of Covid 19 with 8 deaths whilst the UK had 1130 cases with 21 deaths. A poster replied that you should never underestimate the Germans. I said 'particularly when it comes to sudden death' which refers to the Germans nearly always beating England in sudden death shootouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

pjohnson wrote: »
    Theres the Cheltenham wãnkers back.

Fergus Ryan
    @GusRyan100

·
    Mar 13
    Replying to @newschambers
    Your coverage has been brilliant Richard... do we know where they came back from?

Richard Chambers

@newschambers

·
    Mar 13
    That's Italy, I understand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

At least there's this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement