Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Get a life.

that's what he's doing...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭rob316

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I've heard this too from bar staff. True?

Benny McCabe is closing his 15 pubs until April, reardens have already so thats pretty much the pub trade in the city, the rest will have to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Adiboo wrote: »
    This is a virus, anti bacterial does nothing. Need to look for something with virucidal in it.

Have you the names of any products that contain that stuff please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

I see they are still sticking to this notion that unless you were standing really really close to the person for 15 minutes you can't catch it BUT wash your hands because the virus can be on anything. Really they need to drop the whole 15 minute line. It's a hangover from the nothing to see here phase 10 days ago. And it's causing idiots to think they are find asking as they keep moving every 14 minutes in the pub/racecourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

So is it completely irresponsible to go to the pub? Myself and my wife would like to go down for one, not necessarily because I'm mad for a pint but I want to support my local business. While one drink won't make it break them, I want them to still be there when this is over.

What do we think?

No laws against this yet . . . It could change tho!
    Lots of rural pubs have a few in today. Follow procedures on social distancing and hand washing, we could be locked up for a few months yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 molotov10_0

Looking for some advice. My wife has booked a night away in a hotel in Ireland as a birthday present for us on Monday night. Thoughts on whether or not this is a good idea? Plan is to avoid social interactions, etc with other guests for the duration so I’m inclined to think it might be fine but a bit on edge nonetheless...

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Why are people so selfish? Do they not have loved ones to consider? This will visit every home and family if we continue with such complacency, many of our loved ones will suffer the consequences of a few pints or gym session.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

French prime minister currently announcing drastic measures live on Tv. Sounds like it is going Italy’s way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

And then when they lift the bans ?

surely the growth will just get exponential again ?

This is the most depressing thing. Given how much this has spread through Italy. It's not clear how they can lift the bans. They'll likely have to do in regional phases with very stringent monitoring for new case clusters. Really good paper on this. I'll see if I can dig it up.

That's why every country needs to avoid getting into Italy's situation in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'll be sure to raise a pint to you when I'm out later ;)
    Do you have any grandparents or elderly parents?
    Your behaving like a spoilt selfish child

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Will more stuff be closing on Monday I’m getting really bad anxiety over all this now lol I’m scared to go my normal route to work on public transport Packed buses

I hope I get a message not to go in on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Spain's government can't seem to agree on emergency measures.
    Spain’s government failed to agree on Saturday on a new package of economic and social measures to mitigate the impact of the fight against the coronavirus, a source close to the negotiations told Reuters.

With schools shut across Spain and a first package of economic steps announced on Thursday, the government was expected to go further on Saturday.

The source said ministers disagreed in a seven-hour cabinet meeting on Saturday on what the new measures should be. The source added that the government would aim to agree on them on Tuesday.

Prime minister Pedro Sanchez is due to announce emergency measures including the shutting down of most shops in a news conference scheduled for 8pm local time.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

Anyone not taking this seriously should be sat down and made read this and have the $hit scared out of them

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/coronavirus-italian-doctors-on-how-ireland-can-avoid-disaster-1.4202054

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

At least there's this. Any suggestions for what they could call themselves? My immediate thought is in the title. Or maybe they could just call themselves The Script or The Blizzards, because all of those shıt bands are just indistinguishable from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

soap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Where are the moddeling predictions that were supposed to be completed this week? Are we expecting the peak soon or at a lter date, and would schools remain closed until the peak or follow NI in closing for 16 weeks(when they eventually close)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Fergus Ryan
    @GusRyan100

·
    Mar 13
    Replying to @newschambers
    Your coverage has been brilliant Richard... do we know where they came back from?

Richard Chambers

@newschambers

·
    Mar 13
    That's Italy, I understand.

Where in the country is this cluster?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

gmisk wrote: »
    Do you have any grandparents or elderly parents?
    Your behaving like a spoilt selfish child

Hes too young to get served anyway tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Will more stuff be closing on Monday I’m getting really bad anxiety over all this now lol I’m scared to go my normal route to work on public transport Packed buses

I hope I get a message not to go in on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

No sorry, I've just been using soap and water. I will have a look at ingredient lists once shops get a stock back in near me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 dickdonk14

...but they deserve it
    Not all of us deserve it. But keep abusing bojo as he is a c*ck wobble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

At least there's this. Any suggestions for what they could call themselves? My immediate thought is "The Cuntonas" after the other popular drink. Or maybe they could just call themselves The Script or The Blizzards, because all of those sh!t bands are just indistinguishable from each other.

505595.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Tiddles_1 wrote: »
    When was Italys first case ?
    -Two Chinese tourists at the end of January
    -then a person who was repatriated from Wuhan on a military flight and went straight into quarantine
    -then the first patient in Codogno who was diagnosed on 21 February

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

Ah stop its not even funny , wash your hands with soap and wash them well ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

There was someone regularly coughing in the background during today's briefing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

ricero wrote: »
    Stop being so petty.

It was obviously the 5 45pm announcment that my councillor was referring to.

So all he got wrong was the time and everything that was said well done.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    We need to read what Italy have said and take feckin heed!!!!

We won’t though. Just look at the likes of johnny savage telling everyone he’s an absolute legend for going out drinking and a jumped up flu is not gonna tell him what to do!
    If I believed him I’d say he’s an irresponsible clown and he’s causing this thing to spread, but I know he’s trolling looking for a reaction. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

wakka12 wrote: »
    All things considered I would say that is a lot of people..every single person there is there just for leisure and entertainment.

And they must be tourists if they're going to the temple bar pub, the prices in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Bob24 wrote: »
    French prime minister currently announcing drastic measures live on Tv. Sounds like it is going Italy’s way.

For now:
    - all non-essential shops to be closed (I assume it means food and pharmacies only to remain open)
    - any type of gathering is prohibited
    - cafes, restaurants, cinemas and all public gathering locations to be closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Looking for some advice. My wife has booked a night away in a hotel in Ireland as a birthday present for us on Monday night. Thoughts on whether or not this is a good idea? Plan is to avoid social interactions, etc with other guests for the duration so I’m inclined to think it might be fine but a bit on edge nonetheless...
    Ye will probably have the place to yourself, so as good a place as any once you keep minding yourselves re hands and surfaced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement