Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

jackboy wrote: »
    My point is closing the pubs without shutting down public transport is little use. It would be another half ass measure like we have done from the start. Such measures probably only marginally slow the spread of the virus.

So you want rural areas cut off completely because you cant go on the lash? This is really showing how much alco's are in Ireland.

Grow up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Supervalu shelves full of pasta again if any panic buyers need more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Naggdefy wrote: »
    When I think of Boris Johnson, Trump and other countries this sad old quote from Stalin comes to mind.

'One death is a tragedy, a million a statistic'.

Ireland 26.1 cases per million
    UK 16.8 cases per million
    Australia 9.7 cases per million
    USA 7.5 cases per million

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I can confirm there is a huge number of actual hospital beds on the way into the country,
    No idea about new ventaltors

• Registered Users Posts: 7,326 ✭✭✭facehugger99

In a mad way the 90 odd people who have it now and are confirmed are lucky as they probably have a much better chance of recovering than people who get in a weeks time when beds are all taken,

Absolutely, you'll probably get the full VIP treatment if you turn up with the virus now. Anyone thinking strategically will be trying to contract it quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

chineese down the road have a sign its closing tonight for 2 weeks maybe it wont open again as with loads through the country

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's only a matter of time before USA is the epicentre, who will Trump blame then? Europe is taking control, which is great to see.
    Only problem is if it's a total lock down then how will factories produce what we need if no one is working them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

spookwoman wrote: »
    For those thinking of heading out on the town
    https://twitter.com/GrahamJClifford/status/1238584549895962627?s=20
    I'll be in the gym tomorrow, observing the same health advice I've been following for the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

A few people have questioned my post from earlier where I talked about todays increase in number being due to an acceleration in getting test results back and using a comment that most of today's numbers were from the last 24 hours.

What I said was 100% correct, remember most does not equal all

• Advertisement

It's only a matter of time before USA is the epicentre, who will Trump blame then? Europe is taking control, which is great to see.
    Only problem is if it's a total lock down then how will factories produce what we need if no one is working them.
    It'll still be a foreign virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭jackboy

pjohnson wrote: »
    So you want rural areas cut off completely because you cant go on the lash? This is really showing how much alco's are in Ireland.

Grow up.

You are completely missing the point. Again, the virus doesn’t care about these things

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Lithuania follows Latvia in announcing the closing of it's borders to all foreigners from Monday.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

GOOD website here to keep on track of the stats

is_that_so wrote: »
    I'll be in the gym tomorrow, observing the same health advice I've been following for the last two weeks.

This is why gyms like pubs need to take it upon themselves to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

wellwhynot wrote: »
    The most worrying thing about Covid in Ireland is our lack of ICU beds and ventilators. We have one of the lowest of both per capita in Europe. We only have 250 - 300 in total. 15 - 20% of cases need these. If the number of positive cases goes beyond 1700 we are screwed.

Italy has double our amount. Here is the chart:

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Numbers-of-critical-care-beds-corrected-for-size-of-population-per-100-000-inhabitants_fig1_229013572

This.
    Do you think the UK (or France) would accept to take some Irish patients in their hospitals?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

mean gene wrote: »
    chineese down the road have a sign its closing tonight for 2 weeks maybe it wont open again as with loads through the country

Mine said they aren't closing even if the government tell them too , all they care about is money :mad:(I know a delivery driver)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Danno wrote: »
    Ireland 26.1 cases per million
    UK 16.8 cases per million
    Australia 9.7 cases per million
    USA 7.5 cases per million

These are absolute pie in the sky, bullsh!t , Harry Potter figures

jackboy wrote: »
    You are completely missing the point. Again, the virus doesn’t care about these things

No it doesnt.

Can you not see any difference between ALCOHOLISM and ESSENTIAL no?

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Revenue national excise license office. Suspend licenses on temporary basis
    And have the courts clogged up with publicans. Yeah, very bright move. What legislation allows Revenue to do that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Absolutely, you'll probably get the full VIP treatment if you turn up with the virus now. Anyone thinking strategically will be trying to contract it quickly.
    In a mad way the 90 odd people who have it now and are confirmed are lucky as they probably have a much better chance of recovering than people who get in a weeks time when beds are all taken,
    Obviously doesn't apply two the poor women who have died but you get what I mean
    Could either of you ever just stop being wrong for like two minutes. I usually don't reply to your posts because they seem like a very poor bait (although I genuinely think there's a good chance you believe what you're saying and in spite of constantly posting here you're still just completely misguided). I'm replying because I REALLY don't want people reading this thread and then thinking it's a great idea to have it now. It's NEVER a great idea to have it, and people should be taking steps to ensure that they don't get it.
    https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/news/coronavirus-ct-scans/
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-recovery-damage-lung-function-gasping-air-hong-kong-doctors-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

What is your problem. For all your "listen to the experts" crap over the last few weeks, you are now actually ignoring the experts when they are saying they are trying to slow down the spread of the virus. Absolutely incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Most people I know are taking it seriously. Why are some people determined to look down on the authorities for not doing enough and general society for not taking it seriously?

It’s the people who aren’t taking it seriously is the problem. Gangs of kids getting buses places etc, people heading to pubs is madness

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Well the rest of my family are in lockdown abroad and I don't know when I'll see them again, freaking me out a bit now, they live in Spain and Malta and it's not looking good in either place, so I'm gonna get tanked on my homebrew on the couch now. In the Mad Max society that'll reign shortly, they might keep me alive as I can brew decent stuff, all I need is sugar and yeast and water really, the rest is superfluous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

You can't social distance in urban pubs anyway.

Seriously. At a time of crisis, are people in this country that ****ing hooked on the gargle that they can't stay out of the pubs for two to three weeks?

They'll be the first to crack when it's no longer available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

France locking down pubs restaurants from midnight. We will have more restrictions soon. I think by Monday at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Fleetwoodmac

Lucky that Medtronic in Ireland make half the World's supply of them so

Anyone know if boc gases supply concentrator... or any companies that rent o2 concentrators

• Registered Users Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sure look it, if your feeling under the weather your not going to go to the pub anyway. Simple really.

My two jobs have been shut down for the time period advised by the government. No way am I sealing myself indoors for two whole weeks, unless the government intervene in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

These are absolute pie in the sky, bullsh!t , Harry Potter figures

No they are based off current case numbers and official population numbers, its very simple maths really....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Has to happen before Tuesday. If we let the pubs get crammed out the door on Paddy's Day then might as well open the schools as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Dr Holohan having a go at pub goers indicates that they will issue an order for them all to close. Full lock down looking increasingly to happen within the next two days. Perhaps they're trying to persuade Arlene to do the same and that might explain why it hasn't been implemented yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement