Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Sure look it, if your feeling under the weather your not going to go to the pub anyway. Simple really.

My two jobs have been shut down for the time period advised by the government. No way am I sealing myself indoors for two whole weeks, unless the government intervene in the meantime.
    Off with you, sounds like coronavirus is the least of your worries.
    A few people have questioned my post from earlier where I talked about todays increase in number being due to an acceleration in getting test results back and using a comment that most of today's numbers were from the last 24 hours.

What I said was 100% correct, remember most does not equal all
    The press briefing guy sitting on the left explicitly said there is a delay from receipt of tests of 48-92hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sure look it, if your feeling under the weather your not going to go to the pub anyway. Simple really.

My two jobs have been shut down for the time period advised by the government. No way am I sealing myself indoors for two whole weeks, unless the government intervene in the meantime.

What if you're feeling grand but speading the virus asymptomatically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Danno wrote: »
    Ireland 26.1 cases per million
    UK 16.8 cases per million
    Australia 9.7 cases per million
    USA 7.5 cases per million

Very difficult to determine how accurate those stats are. Given how little testing has taken place in the UK, US and Ireland.

I think the US and UK are being particularly laissez faire.

Edit: US are upping their game in the last 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well done on being part of the problem. When they close pubs and everything else hopefully you will get the message and understand how serious this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭sonic85

This thing is going to explode here shortly because for every panic buyer that'll stock up and shut themselves in where possible you have 10 arseholes just doing what they always do and not giving two fcuks about consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Tiddles_1 wrote: »
    Mine said they aren't closing even if the government tell them too , all they care about is money :mad:(I know a delivery driver)

They’ll shut if their told to shut ffs.
    Very easy to police that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Did anyone actually get through to the HSE today looking to be tested?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

is_that_so wrote: »
    It'll still be a foreign virus.

Yea but everyone else will have it under control, while its not even detected in USA in real numbers yet .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What if you're feeling grand but speading the virus asymptomatically?
    So long as he gets a pint and a line who cares about anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Very difficult to determine how accurate those stats are. Given how little testing has taken place in the UK, US and Ireland.

I think the US and UK are being particularly laissez faire.

Using that logic theres no point in paying attention to any infected figures at all....

• Advertisement

Could either of you ever just stop being wrong for like two minutes. I usually don't reply to your posts because they seem like a very poor bait (although I genuinely think there's a good chance you believe what you're saying and in spite of constantly posting here you're still just completely misguided). I'm replying because I REALLY don't want people reading this thread and then thinking it's a great idea to have it now. It's NEVER a great idea to have it, and people should be taking steps to ensure that they don't get it.
    https://www.medicaldevice-network.com/news/coronavirus-ct-scans/
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-recovery-damage-lung-function-gasping-air-hong-kong-doctors-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

What is your problem. For all your "listen to the experts" crap over the last few weeks, you are now actually ignoring the experts when they are saying they are trying to slow down the spread of the virus. Absolutely incredible.

20-30% lung fuction loss is horriffic

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Off with you, sounds like coronavirus is the least of your worries.

The press briefing guy sitting on the left explicitly said there is a delay from receipt of tests of 48-92hrs.
    If people test outside of hospital, yes. In a hospital setting 12-24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Sure we are ****ed whatever we do, I'm not sure why we are blaming younger people from cramming into pubs, it's all the older generation who are most at risk who are packing out these pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

They are a social outlet and we shouldn't be completely hiding away. The issue with pubs is not that they are open but that social distancing is not being observed properly.

Eh work is open and you are in close contact with people. I work in a building which has multiple businesses, lifts, stairs doors.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

FYI - BBC is reporting France is going into lock down by order of the President.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51892477

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Are pubs not indoors? Nobody’s stopping you going for a walk, like people are literally dying of this. A few weeks or months of a bit of hardship VS potentially months or years of chaos.

The sooner we have the army out keeping people where they should be the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Kind of a pathetic indictment of our culture that pubs remain open yet schools and universities have closed (which i agree with incidentally).

i mean i've made the small sacrifice to forgo my regular coffee in a local restaurant. Cant pub-goers do the same or do many of these people just have a pathetic addiction to alcohol.

One of the differences between here and the Asian countries who seem to be getting on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

And have the courts clogged up with publicans. Yeah, very bright move. What legislation allows Revenue to do that?

Emergency measure in the interest of public health could be passed very quickly

Liquor licences get revoked all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Ireland now banned from the US

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I’d say our numbers will be much higher as testing increases.
    A lot of people walking around with the virus and not knowing they have it yet.
    Probably infecting others too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Dr Holohan having a go at pub goers indicates that they will issue an order for them all to close. Full lock down looking increasingly to happen within the next two days. Perhaps they're trying to persuade Arlene to do the same and that might explain why it hasn't been implemented yet.

Well its going to have to be an all Ireland full lockdown now imo or else whats the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

VinLieger wrote: »
    Using that logic theres no point in paying attention to any infected figures at all....

It depends. If it's South Korea, pretty certain they are accurate.

How could Italy record accurately given the state of their health service presently? Staff would be diverted to the most critical cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Ireland now banned from the US

Leo just get his holiday in in time

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Emergency measure in the interest of public health could be passed very quickly

Can they with no dail sitting or elected governmemt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,864 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Danno wrote: »
    Ireland 26.1 cases per million
    UK 16.8 cases per million
    Australia 9.7 cases per million
    USA 7.5 cases per million

The UK have recently stopped testing cases that are only showing mild symptoms, which is bound to make their numbers look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Eh work is open and you are in close contact with people. I work in a building which has multiple businesses, lifts, stairs doors.
    1-2m distance from people, don't put your hands on your face, wash hands properly and regularly all work as precautions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

There's a few hysterical weirdos in this thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

If we close the pubs and the north don’t. People will be going to the north to celebrate st Patrick’s day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Youd swear twas against the law to go to the pub ffs. Publican said hell leave the backdoor open if we get a full lockdown thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Gods Gift wrote: »
    If we close the pubs and the north don’t. People will be going to the north to celebrate st Patrick’s day.

At this stage there is nothing to celebrate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement