Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Can they with no dail sitting or elected governmemt

The dail is sitting.
    Albeit they are talking about limiting it to a 3rd of the TDs at a time from next week

• Registered Users Posts: 56,403 ✭✭✭✭walshb

29-10 male to females contraction today.

Is it because men a little more casual about contracting it...lil more macho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Very difficult to determine how accurate those stats are. Given how little testing has taken place in the UK, US and Ireland.

I think the US and UK are being particularly laissez faire.

Edit: US are upping their game in the last 2 days.

I don't think the term laissez faire makes sense in that context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Sure look it, if your feeling under the weather your not going to go to the pub anyway. Simple really.

My two jobs have been shut down for the time period advised by the government. No way am I sealing myself indoors for two whole weeks, unless the government intervene in the meantime.

You obviously missed the bit where people can have very mild symptoms and these are the ones who can cause spread as they do not know they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

So long as he gets a pint and a line who cares about anyone else.

That is libel. I have never done that in my life.

I could just as easily contract it in the supermarkets the way its going. We aren't superheroes. I am following every single self-hygiene protocol at my end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Off with you, sounds like coronavirus is the least of your worries.

The press briefing guy sitting on the left explicitly said there is a delay from receipt of tests of 48-92hrs.

not true.

If you know anyone working in a hospital then ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Ant & Dec show tonight packed to the rafters. Are the Brits taking this seriously at all??

IMG-20200314-192254.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

US2 wrote: »
    Youd swear twas against the law to go to the pub ffs. Publican said hell leave the backdoor open if we get a full lockdown thank god.

Thank Gof indeed. The horrors the alcos must have at the thought of no drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If you believe these are true figures you're an imbicile.

Imbecile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Youd swear twas against the law to go to the pub ffs. Publican said hell leave the backdoor open if we get a full lockdown thank god.

#gobsmacked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Well, that would be against the law, wouldn't it?

Can't people stay away from the fücking place for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

niallo27 wrote: »
    Sure we are ****ed whatever we do, I'm not sure why we are blaming younger people from cramming into pubs, it's all the older generation who are most at risk who are packing out these pubs.

Everyone is at risk. An Italian Doctor has stated a rise in cases of young people.

You are a sap if you think you will be fine because of your age.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The sheer selfish ignorance of some people is disgusting, he will hopefully lose his license and everyone inside cautioned if it came to sonthing likenthat happening during a lockdow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Ireland now banned from the US

In fairness trump doesn’t differentiate between the Uk and Ireland. He thinks of us as the uks smaller, younger hotter sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Brits must be the most stubborn, pig-headed nation on the planet.

Can't be seen to follow everyone else. Have to do their own thing.

I've interacted with a few on Facebook. My god they have an extremely uneducated population. We have a few wingnut here as well, just a lot more of them over there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Gods Gift wrote: »
    If we close the pubs and the north don’t. People will be going to the north to celebrate st Patrick’s day.

cheaper beer up there aswell,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Logan Roy wrote: »
    There's a few hysterical weirdos in this thread
    Yeah I was thinking to myself Italy France and Spain are completely hysterical as well, locking down their countries. I'm really glad we have a head start on this though, so we can see what we're lumbering into in a few weeks.
    I’d say our numbers will be much higher as testing increases.
    A lot of people walking around with the virus and not knowing they have it yet.
    Probably infecting others too.
    It's worse than a zombie apocalypse in lots of ways because instead of biting you, which is quite easy to avoid, they just need to breathe near you or touch you or touch something you later touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The UK have recently stopped testing cases that are only showing mild symptoms, which is bound to make their numbers look better.
    DoH are prioritising hospitalised cases at present. Mild doesn't matter if self-isolation takes care of it and no other infections result. It's the other 20% or so that will put the system under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

For all you strong fit 20somethings

https://mobile.twitter.com/boucherhayes/status/1238904532039589889

I’ve just learned that a person has been admitted to ICU of an acute hospital with complications arising from #COVIDー19.

They are IN THEIR 20s and have NO underlying health condition.

#Coronavirusireland

If you were thinking about going out tonight, perhaps think again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

is_that_so wrote: »
    If people test outside of hospital, yes. In a hospital setting 12-24 hours.

That makes loads of sense, only count the ones who are relatively serious. i.e in hospital. Number massaging. We've seen China, Iran, Italy, US, UK and every other country do similar.

Whatever you do don't induce panic by actually counting how widespread it is in the community. Oh and keep the pubs open.

UK was inspired by the Iranian approach. #LickAShrine #TakeItOnTheChin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Dr Holohan having a go at pub goers indicates that they will issue an order for them all to close. Full lock down looking increasingly to happen within the next two days. Perhaps they're trying to persuade Arlene to do the same and that might explain why it hasn't been implemented yet.

He didn't really have a go though. He said they wont order pubs to close as we're not at that stage.
    But he said it's up to people to be mindful and basically be on top of their own personal hygiene.

While also stating people shouldn't be locked up at home, they aren't asking people to cut out social interaction, reduce it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Logan Roy wrote: »
    There's a few hysterical weirdos in this thread

American banning all European fights.
    European countries closing their borders. Shutting down pubs, restrauarants.
    Thousands dead from a new virus.
    Ireland closing all the schools.
    Leo refusing to deny 50% infection and 100k-ish death figures
    Most sporting events suspending indefinitly. Hollywood pushing back movies for months.
    The World Health Orginisation desperately pleading for even harsher actions.

But there's STILL people who think this is just some "hysterical weirdos" on the internet overhyping it.

It's mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Brits Brits Brits.... are ye not concerned about your own turf. This should be renamed the British Corona virus thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Personally, I think it's good that some pubs are taking the decision to close. But..... while others remain open, they are now only going to be busier. This issue needs an 'all or nothing' response and probably an enforced one rather than repeatedly appealing to people's civic responsibility and not getting anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Tuesday will be too late for the lockdown. It needs to happen no later than tomorrow with immediate effect. WTF is Leo waiting for? He should be addressing the nation now today. Caretaker Taoiseach or not he seriously needs to step up to the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

VinLieger wrote: »
    The sheer selfish ignorance of some people is disgusting, he will hopefully lose his license and everyone inside cautioned if it came to sonthing likenthat happening during a lockdow.

It is disgusting but spare a thought for them, when the pubs close they won’t know what to do. We only have to suffer their selfish ignorance in this thread, they are stuck with themselves all the time.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

corona-german-borderskaj37.png

Borders of EU countries closing tonight but we are not allowed apparently or don't have the courage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

And if any of ye tone deaf feckers try to sing out the window during lockdown, I'm getting the air rifle out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

If there's a pub ban the aul lads who are drinking in their from 11am till 11pm won't be happy.

What are we gonna do with these type of people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,403 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Scotty # wrote: »
    Ant & Dec show tonight packed to the rafters. Are the Brits taking this seriously at all??

IMG-20200314-192254.jpg

I’d actually rather a dose of Covid-19 than being anywhere near those two numpties!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement