Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Do you not care picking up the virus and then spreading it on? The problem is there's a few days from contracting the virus to showing symptoms. During these days you can feel fine and still pass it on. The more we distance ourselves from others the better.
    yes wash hands avoid uncecesasry gatherings stock up on food supplies dig a bunker, you do realize this $hit will be here in 2 weeks time, and prob for another year or two.

some think that everything should stop in its tracks, shops closed no going out just stay in and it will go away, its being mentally ill heard mentality on few hysteric preppers, dont see any ***** saying prayers each time theres people dying of flu or someone on the road, total muppetry, yes its bad but as it stands its nowhere near bad as any previous virus or plague, 5k worwdwide at 4 months mark is peanuts, if some think they will get it and die, they have prob same mentality when they buy euro millions in winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I’m on a bumble date tonight with a Spanish doctor over for the weekend from Spain ! Kiss or no kiss ?

No kissing, and wear protection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

I’m on a bumble date tonight with a Spanish doctor over for the weekend from Spain ! Kiss or no kiss ?

Stick to the 15 minute rule and you’ll be grand.
    No foreplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

namloc1980 wrote: »
    As sad as this case is maybe it might make the it's grand brigade sit up and take notice.

The grand parade are the older generation, the over 60s. They are the ones out in town. They have seen it all before and dont give a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

He's a soldier at war and needs to be treated as such, he should be walking funny by the time you're finished with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I’m not sure I want the ride !

Did you say your date is a doctor? They might be able to offer you sensible advice on whether a kiss is appropriate or not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

AllForIt wrote: »
    That is a rather dumb post when you consider that the point of restrictions is to prevent the spread of a virus. What you are saying is that it's okay to spread it in a supermarket but not okay to spread it in a pub.

And just because one goes to a pub does not mean one has an alcohol problem, pubs are social occasions and a relief from the working week, where for some ppl who are single for example is their only opportunity for social interaction.

Most people who have drinking problems don’t know they have drinking problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

Time to limit access from England NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

The Guinness always tastes nicer when the pub is busy, great craic here and not a word about the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any idea what part of the country the second death occurred in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Dew know exactly where the second death is?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,380 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That is a rather dumb post when you consider that the point of restrictions is to prevent the spread of a virus. What you are saying is that it's okay to spread it in a supermarket but not okay to spread it in a pub.

And just because one goes to a pub does not mean one has an alcohol problem, pubs are social occasions and a relief from the working week, where for some ppl who are single for example is their only opportunity for social interaction.

I think more interaction and close contact occurs in pubs..

Plus, supermarkets are a wee bit more important for society!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

No a supermarket is a necessity a pub is not. People need to eat. They don't have to drink alcohol

Amazed by this argument. Can people actually not see the difference.

saabsaab wrote: »
    No kissing, and wear protection.

I like it

Straight in,no kissing,larry murphy style

• Registered Users Posts: 56,380 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gael23 wrote: »
    Dew know exactly where the second death is?

East!

Edit: not really exact, that!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,740 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any idea what part of the country the second death occurred in?

the "east"

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

When we're locked down and the sing songs start, can we please not sing the fields of athenry ffs?

Seems fitting that it was written about a time in our history where a sizeable chunk of the population died.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

tom1ie wrote: »
    We won’t though. Just look at the likes of johnny savage telling everyone he’s an absolute legend for going out drinking and a jumped up flu is not gonna tell him what to do!
    If I believed him I’d say he’s an irresponsible clown and he’s causing this thing to spread, but I know he’s trolling looking for a reaction. :rolleyes:

I actually know Johnny Savage and he’s just trolling. His mother told me she wishes that he actually would go the fcuk our rather than sitting in his bedroom on his laptop all day/nite.

Don’t worry Johnny I won’t tell anyone your real name :wink:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

pjohnson wrote: »
    Monroes and Caribou closed in Galway. Not all publicans are selfish prícks.

They need to all close. Otherwise they'll all pack into another pub that's open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Drumpot wrote: »

Fascinating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

You are “hoping hard” it’s so bad on Monday that you’re called in?? Serious hero complex going on there. I’m off to the pub. G’night.

Oh and I’ll also be in work on Monday, for the HSE, same as every other Monday.

He's hoping he can help.

Just like what you are doing working for the HSE.

Enjoy your pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

More rumours flying around. Hearing from AGS members and a nurse i know thats red warning from Monday.

Anyone else hearing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The fact some people seem to view the weekly shop as the exact same as pints is another example of the overwhelming stupidity that is in this country.

This is why a lockdown is needed. People are too damn stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,740 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

No a supermarket is a necessity a pub is not. People need to eat. They don't have to drink alcohol

Amazed by this argument. Can people actually not see the difference.

Totally.

And supermarkets sell alcohol too :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

Live webcam of Temple Bar for people to get angry at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

scamalert wrote: »
    yes wash hands avoid uncecesasry gatherings stock up on food supplies dig a bunker, you do realize this $hit will be here in 2 weeks time, and prob for another year or two.

some think that everything should stop in its tracks, shops closed no going out just stay in and it will go away, its being mentally ill heard mentality on few hysteric preppers, dont see any ***** saying prayers each time theres people dying of flu or someone on the road, total muppetry, yes its bad but as it stands its nowhere near bad as any previous virus or plague, 5k worwdwide at 4 months mark is peanuts, if some think they will get it and die, they have prob same mentality when they buy euro millions in winning it.

You see with this thinking that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

The government and the WHO are trying to slow it down as long as they can so our smartest people can make a vaccine or at least improve treatments.

Your odds of catching it increase exponentially every single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

More rumours flying around. Hearing from AGS members and a nurse i know thats red warning from Monday.

Anyone else hearing anything?

Yes heard same from a serving member of the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

odyssey06 wrote: »
    the "east"

they need to drop this east crap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Drumpot wrote: »

If the pubs close they’ll have a bigger drink problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Not sure. But I’m sure if there was a whisper of some gobshlte letting people through the back door for fear he’d lose a few coin they’d be there fairly sharp

And that gob****e thinks that everyone else won't mind at all.

People underestimate the general public who have some common sense for the greater good.

In times like this we won't necessarily need Gardai or Army to sort all things out, some things will of course be rectified locally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement