Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭paul71

No a supermarket is a necessity a pub is not. People need to eat. They don't have to drink alcohol

Amazed by this argument. Can people actually not see the difference.

I am not amazed, addiction knows no logic, nor does it take account of self preservation or duty of care to family or friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Live webcam of Temple Bar for people to get angry at.

Yeh. With idiots acting like this its time for a lockdown. They cant be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

1584215753496.jpg

Place is hopping tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The thing that gets me about the people out and about in pubs and clubs tonight is that they’re spending so much money unnecessarily in a time when we might be facing into a large recession due to the virus and other things. I’ll be curbing my spending a lot in the coming months just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 smallfryy

If I may ask your collective advice, I work in an office of 10.
    We have the ability to work from home since the Beast from the East and for adverse weather.
    However, even after Leo's speech on Thursday we've been told we still have to work business as usual and cannot work from home.
    With creche and school closed it's a nightmare but we were told if we don't come in we can take unpaid leave but I have rent to pay and honestly I'd rather catch the virus myself than have to ask for a few weeks grace from my LL. So unpaid leave isn't an option.
    My office also doesn't practice 1 to 2 meter distances between us. In fact no manager has been in since the announcement on Thursday.
    I do not want to rock the boat but at this point should they not be encouraging us to work from home? All the head office staff have made changes but my office seem to be forgotten and I'm worried. Am I being a total drama Queen? Apologies if so, it is all just a bit surreal seeing it all unfold while it's still business as usual for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Ger Roe wrote: »
    Just watching the Temple Bar webcam. It's getting busy on the party streets.
    Yes, was watching earlier. However, the inside webcam seems to have been disengaged so we can't see what's going on in there.

Alcoholic Ireland still alive and well. Even the threat of a deadly virus can't stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Lads have to ask and before people say otherwise I'm happy to have some sort of lock down, but if the place locks completely down how are you all surviving without wages etc. It seems to me everybody talks about the greater good but I'm talking short term. I know loads of people who rely on their wages for weekly food etc.
    Seems to me that a lot of posters on here are people who have jobs that allow working from at home or don't need child care etc but there are alot of people who don't have the same options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Downlinz wrote: »
    1584215753496.jpg

It's a lot quieter than normal tbf. A lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Would you prefer Ireland's call?

Ireland, Ireland, together standing at least 1-2 metres apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Galway by comparison looks a lot more subdued

https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/ireland/galway/shop-street.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

More rumours flying around. Hearing from AGS members and a nurse i know thats red warning from Monday.

Anyone else hearing anything?

Haven't heard from anyone itk but I expected a ramp up to the next level on Monday since the last ramp up on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

AllForIt wrote: »
    Plus, it's okay to spread it in a supermarket but not okay to spread it in a pub.

Ffs ...

deisedevil wrote: »
    Is a "red warning" even an official term for that type of thing. Have we a storm on the way?

It is apparently. We are at yellow at the moment. I thought that too when i heard it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

laurah591 wrote: »
    they need to drop this east crap
    They did already for confirmed cases. They're not even giving a general location now, just including the entire Republic as one big infection. Apparently they're switching to a more "granulated" way of reporting??

From Monday... or maybe Tuesday. Everything is going to be happening Monday or Tuesday. They're maybe going to give us a sense of how many ventilators they have then too. And maybe tell us how many community transmission cases. And if we behave ourselves, maybe then they'll tell us how many healthcare workers are now sick with the virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

VinLieger wrote: »
    Good riddance so, will solve a lot of our impending pension problems as well as getting rid of future bed blockers in the hospitals to mention just a few positives of that age group choosing to darwin themselves

They should operate a scheme not unlike getting a mortgage where they check your bank statements etc during triage. If you've been found to be in a pub based on your transactions etc then straight to the community centre / school or other non medical building with you. Do not get a ventilator, do not get ICU.

Hard decisions being made in Italy. This seems like an easy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

I think 18 days is average check out...28 for recovery

In which case, it would be at least Wednesday, and more likely today week, before we see the first Irish recoveries. At least the increase in positives is largely due to scaling up of testing, rather than the actual percentage going up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Yes heard same from a serving member of the Gardai.

What does a red level warning mean though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

US2 wrote: »
    The Guinness always tastes nicer when the pub is busy, great craic here and not a word about the virus.

Great craic there, yet here you are...posting on boards...

First it was the rugby match.
    Then the parade.
    Then Cheltenham.
    Then the panic shoppers.
    Now the pubs.

People just love a good bandwagon.

People feel helpless and can’t blame the government for once, so take out their anger on others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The thing that gets me about the people out and about in pubs and clubs tonight is that they’re spending so much money unnecessarily in a time when we might be facing into a large recession due to the virus and other things. I’ll be curbing my spending a lot in the coming months just in case.

Maybe they think it's their last ever night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

A proxy saver

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The Dail passes legislation, not the government. There would be no problems passing whatever emergency legislation is needed in the Dail.
    Sigh, they are the only ones at present who can propose it but there is no way to get through the requisite stages, to make sure it passes muster legally. Let me give the non-dummy answer, the DoH can just add it to the list of things it advises to close. They are still appealing to people to respect the guidelines but are not at that point yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

1584215753496.jpg

The three Gardaí on the left there are equipped with measuring tapes and are now going in to enforce social distancing guidelines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

1584215753496.jpg

Absolutely F***ing ridiculous :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Live webcam of Temple Bar for people to get angry at.

Business as usual. I went to the one showing the Bellagio conservatory in Vegas. Its completely deserted. Never seen it so empty its usually packed. Whatever about Trump and his ****ty response, americans are taking it seriously it seems at least

Youd have to presume an announcement by Govt. Tomorrow at some stage re a stricter lockdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

What does a red level warning mean though?

I'd hazard a guess of enforced isolation or at least policed isolation. Only those who should be out are out. Staggered shopping / pharmacy visits in the community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

US2 wrote: »
    The Guinness always tastes nicer when the pub is busy, great craic here and not a word about the virus.
    Social distancing at work I hope.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

smallfryy wrote: »
    If I may ask your collective advice, I work in an office of 10.
    We have the ability to work from home since the Beast from the East and for adverse weather.
    However, even after Leo's speech on Thursday we've been told we still have to work business as usual and cannot work from home.
    With creche and school closed it's a nightmare but we were told if we don't come in we can take unpaid leave but I have rent to pay and honestly I'd rather catch the virus myself than have to ask for a few weeks grace from my LL. So unpaid leave isn't an option.
    My office also doesn't practice 1 to 2 meter distances between us. In fact no manager has been in since the announcement on Thursday.
    I do not want to rock the boat but at this point should they not be encouraging us to work from home? All the head office staff have made changes but my office seem to be forgotten and I'm worried. Am I being a total drama Queen? Apologies if so, it is all just a bit surreal seeing it all unfold while it's still business as usual for us.

Can you and a few workmates not band together and make a phone call to management,? Power in numbers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

deisedevil wrote: »
    Is a "red warning" even an official term for that type of thing. Have we a storm on the way?

Kermit any snow due with it ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement