Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

An awful lot of 'holier than thou' horse**** being spouted on here.

Welcome to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

There has to be something done. Surely the government realizes we can't live without money. Rent, bills, food need to be paid for.

I can work from home, but my employer is already considering voluntary unpaid leave, short working week and temporary lay offs, although we’re only a few days into this “lockdown”.

I am really worried about being able to pay rent, which is almost three times the social welfare payment I would get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I’m not sure I want the ride !

Take it, might be the last one for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Personal responsibility in Ireland has vanished recently.
    Did it appear recently for a brief flash before it vanished?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So is it completely irresponsible to go to the pub? Myself and my wife would like to go down for one, not necessarily because I'm mad for a pint but I want to support my local business. While one drink won't make it break them, I want them to still be there when this is over.

What do we think?

Would they support you if you fell on hard times ? Would they fûck. Heed advice, common sense and don’t. They are not going to the wall just making a lot less dough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

is_that_so wrote: »
    Social distancing every time, we don't need to be lock-ins!

No issues with people in a pub observing social distancing.

Thats not quite happening though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Temple bar hostels
    Direct provision. Homeless shelters all over the the place. Hotels and cars with homeless families. Many tiny apartments, house shares and literally actual prisons where the spread of this will be rampant when it gets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

Whatever large scale experiment England wants to run, we shouldn't participate in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

100%. Probably typing with hazmats suits on and tin foil hats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Did it appear recently for a brief flash before it vanished?

No by recently I mean the last 5 years.

The right to housing proposed my some parties shows this.

Want everything for nothing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I was walking through town today, gave an aggressive look to a scooter traveller on the footpath. He quickly apologised, as did I to him.

Have been kinder to people on the street since, I don't usually have anxiety.

Town was like a Sunday today. Aldi have restocked on the mackerel but only two left of my usual beers, which I bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And in supermarkets people tend to behave with some level of social decorum. That all goes out the window when you’re drunk and in a pub.

Honestly wouldn’t bet on that either. Black Friday and things like the Love Ulster Parade and the Snow here show we can be absolute animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

You can always fcuk off if you don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Personal responsibility in Ireland has vanished recently.

Afterwards they will say that the government weren’t clear enough in their instructions. It won’t be their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Can you spot the odd one out kids. That's right!!! One is an island!

None of those countries are islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

tom1ie wrote: »
    “Twelve per cent of those who have been treated in intensive care are aged between 19 and 50, according to official figures released last week.”

For all the clowns between 19 and 50 going on the piss tonight, you might wanna take heed of the above quote.
    Try not to be so selfish that you end up pushing our health service to bursting point.

How many of them had underlying issues, 12% is s pointless figure without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Because people are giving out about groups of people going to the pub and 100% spreading the virus around.

You can be sure people on this thread are angry. Rightfully so.

Look at Italy. Do you think this is all grand? Holier than thou me hole.

****in Halfwits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Point about the pubs open and packed - that's likely to mean hospital A&Es full of drunks / fights etc... that may take away precious staff and resources from saving our loved ones.

F*ck them out on a ditch and leave them there.
    Let them know the risks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This thread is hard enough to keep up with without the whingefest about people having a drink in a pub
    Got a problem with it complain to the VFI or the government instead of the self-flagellation on a thread about a virus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Direct provision. Homeless shelters all over the the place. Hotels and cars with homeless families. Many tiny apartments, house shares and literally actual prisons where the spread of this will be rampant when it gets in.

Should have made better choices in life.

Dont expect anyone else except yourself to look after you.

That will go a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭paul71

niallo27 wrote: »
    While not condoning going to the pub, I don't see the same outrage over whole families packing the supermarket. Surly one parent could stay at home if possible.

I agree with the caveat that most supermarkets are a few hundred square metes, with people constantly on the move in that space, rarely standing beside anyone for more than 5 minutes. Pubs in contrast 30-50 square meters, tightly packed sitting beside same people for an hour or more perhaps moving to another group for a 30 minute conversation.

1 ideal environment for transmission the other relatively safe.
    1 a necessity, the other a social indulgence at best but more likely a dangerous addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

You can always fcuk off if you don't like it.

Fairly holier that !

😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Not really. It’s very simple.
    We are meant to be practicing social distancing.
    Going to a busy pub, particularly temple bar, is very much to that.

If you’re pub is following the guidelines. Then head out for a drink if you really need one.

Otherwise just stay the F at home, cans are class, buy some cans.

It won’t kill anyone to just spend a bit of time at home for a small time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Hand on heart I was in the 'it'll be grand' camp all of last week. I went to work (cycled) on Friday and had tried to ignore the panic merchants. I've just got off the phone with one of my closest family members who has COPD. Never really thought too much about it as he does not let it impede him. Keeps himself very fit, doesn't drink or smoke. His consultant told him this week to stay indoors (no visitors), if he gets the virus he will not survive it. That news has fukcen hit home.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Anyone going to the pubs on Paddy's Day or any other day during this crisis are f*cking morons.

There are frontline service people out in the communities bringing the fight to the virus 24/7.. I'm on standby from Monday and hoping, hoping hard that I'm called on to put my shoulder to the wheel.

I'm damned proud of every paramedic, nurse, doctor, hospital worker, blood bike rider, soldier, airman/woman, sailor, civil defence member etc who are putting the the citizens health and welfare before there's.. If you're dragging the kids to McDonalds, packing the pubs etc you're an affront to these people & like I said 'a f*cking moron.

Just quoting this so anyone who missed it in the thread can read it now .
    Thank you all Dax Stale Roadwork .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Should have made better choices in life.

Dont expect anyone else except yourself to look after you.

That will go a long way.

Shouldn’t have been people trafficked from a war zone

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I might have missed it, but I would love to see a system in place where if you are laid off your rent/mortgage is postponed until we get back to some kind of normality.

I'm probably talking through my hat, but a bit of a safety net like that might get everyone on board with a lock down. Business rates to be postponed too, together with supports to get them back on their feet.

I personally would have no problem with an emergency budget to help this kind of thing along. Supports like this take the heat and lots of worry off.

• Advertisement

I pity the Mod who has to trawl through all the hysterical garbage on this thread.

Is there any forum here with a rational discussion of this situation?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement