Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

Omackeral wrote: »
    Where are there 8 people in a single prison cell in this country? Where do you get this information? Or are you pulling that out of your hole?

Cork,3 weeks ago

So mate told.me,he was in for contempt

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

No issues with people in a pub observing social distancing.

Thats not quite happening though.

There are cases of transmission from person to person sitting 5 meters apart on a bus. The suggested 1 meter rule while you're in a pub is a joke. Someone coughs or sneezes and 15 people around him gets ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

is_that_so wrote: »
    Sigh, they are the only ones at present who can propose it but there is no way to get through the requisite stages, to make sure it passes muster legally. Let me give the non-dummy answer, the DoH can just add it to the list of things it advises to close. They are still appealing to people to respect the guidelines but are not at that point yet.

What are you on about??? Who is going to challenge it??? This is not some hairbrained stimulus that government are trying to introduce. It’ll be based on DoH advice and no one will challenge it and even if they did they will have zero support and no chance of even remotely getting it into court.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

60m people
    Roughly 40m is 60% of their population (the amount they estimate will get infected)
    3.2 is about 7/8% of the infected.

Not to mention the 37m who may be left with permanent lung damage.

Where are you getting that from? The current figures state that around 80% will develop a mild or moderate case. Fever, chills, dehydration, shortness of breath.

The remainder may or will develop a serious or critical case. Serious or critical cases will or may develop pneumonia. If you are to recover from this state you may be left with permanent lung damage.

What you're saying is that 60% of the Italian population will may be left with permanent lung damage.

The study carried out by the Hong Kong Hospital Authority have also stated that cardiovascular exercise can and has improved survivors lung capacities. They've also stated that it is too soon to determine the long lasting effects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Icepick wrote: »
    Whatever large scale experiment England wants to run, we shouldn't participate in it.

'England'

Are they going in a solo run?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

I pity the Mod who has to trawl through all the hysterical garbage on this thread.

Is there any forum here with a rational discussion of this situation?

After Hours I’m sure.

I’m banned outta there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Point about the pubs open and packed - that's likely to mean hospital A&Es full of drunks / fights etc... that may take away precious staff and resources from saving our loved ones.

F*ck them out on a ditch and leave them there.
    Let them know the risks.

If they end up in A&E, they should be fcuked out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

jos28 wrote: »
    Hand on heart I was in the 'it'll be grand' camp all of last week. I went to work (cycled) on Friday and had tried to ignore the panic merchants. I've just got off the phone with one of my closest family members who has COPD. Never really thought too much about it as he does not let it impede him. Keeps himself very fit, doesn't drink or smoke. His consultant told him this week to stay indoors (no visitors), if he gets the virus he will not survive it. That news has fukcen hit home.

I have 2 family members with bad asthma.Young, in their early 30s, relatively fit and in good health otherwise.
    I am afraid for them.I know lots of people wih young kids with asthma.Who knows how they will get hit??
    Hence my annoyance at the pub brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

An awful lot of 'holier than thou' horse**** being spouted on here.

Feck off.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/protect-yourself.html

The guidelines are clear and obvious and anyone ignoring them in this time of national emergency is an anti-social scumbag who should be shot into space to spare the rest of us from their ignorance and complete lack of respect for the rest of society.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Point about the pubs open and packed - that's likely to mean hospital A&Es full of drunks / fights etc... that may take away precious staff and resources from saving our loved ones.

F*ck them out on a ditch and leave them there.
    Let them know the risks.

This. 1000 times this.

But nope. There will still be people on here defending "going for a few scoops" because they "can't sit inside" for a few nights.

Arseholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Because people are giving out about groups of people going to the pub and 100% spreading the virus around.

You can be sure people on this thread are angry. Rightfully so.

Look at Italy. Do you think this is all grand? Holier than thou me hole.

****in Halfwits.

Half is being too generous to some of these selfish simpletons!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I pity the Mod who has to trawl through all the hysterical garbage on this thread.

Is there any forum here with a rational discussion of this situation?

Which form of rational do you promote?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

So, France and Spain locked down.
    I expect us next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

splinter65 wrote: »
    Afterwards they will say that the government weren’t clear enough in their instructions. It won’t be their fault.

They think they are young and invincible, I don’t think the penny has dropped for some people yet, complete ignorance and stupidity and yes they will probably try to blame the government who in fairness are now doing all they can now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Direct provision. Homeless shelters all over the the place. Hotels and cars with homeless families. Many tiny apartments, house shares and literally actual prisons where the spread of this will be rampant when it gets in.

Include all them favelas the Brazilians created around the Northside of the city sharing bedrooms filled with bunk beds. Breading ground for coronavirus spreading

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I know it has been asked, but my partner is a chef, where should he go to for financial support if the business shuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

AllForIt wrote: »
    That is a rather dumb post when you consider that the point of restrictions is to prevent the spread of a virus. What you are saying is that it's okay to spread it in a supermarket but not okay to spread it in a pub.

And just because one goes to a pub does not mean one has an alcohol problem, pubs are social occasions and a relief from the working week, where for some ppl who are single for example is their only opportunity for social interaction.

We're in the middle of a public health emergency. Comparing going to the pub to going to the supermarket is fcuking stupid. Panic buyers aside, people need to go to the supermarket to get provisions in etc. Nobody needs to go to the pub and especially not now. I highly doubt the lads and lassies after 5 or 6 pints are practicing good hand hygiene or social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

You can always fcuk off if you don't like it.

Your intelligent and considered reply has really changed my outlook, well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I might have missed it, but I would love to see a system in place where if you are laid off your rent/mortgage is postponed until we get back to some kind of normality.

I'm probably talking through my hat, but a bit of a safety net like that might get everyone on board with a lock down. Business rates to be postponed too, together with supports to get them back on their feet.

I personally would have no problem with an emergency budget to help this kind of thing along. Supports like this take the heat and lots of worry off.

Some banks are prepared to suspend mortgage and loan payments if you contact them. Was reported early in the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If they cancel Eurovision, then I’ll get angry!

They can have it in 2021 instead.
    What's another year

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭dasa29

This is from Facebook regarding Pubs in mullingar

"Mullingar news and views
    1 hr ·

TEMPORARY PUB CLOSURES DUE TO COVID-19 VIRUS CONCERNS
    A growing number of Pubs across Mullingar are now closing temporarily in response to Covid-19 concerns.

The growing number of Pubs that are temporarily closing are
    Wallaces Mount street
    J Dalys ( are offering dial - a - Drink)
    Gillerans pub Harbour Street
    Kerrigans pub Harbour Street
    Chambers Mount Street
    Mojos nite club Dominick Street
    Fence bar and nite club Oliver Plunkett St.

other pubs are having limited opening hours but will review this case by case.
    See your local pub on their Facebook page.
    This is an exceptional difficult time for pubs around Mullingar and your understanding on this matter is very much appreciated."

Ger Roe wrote: »
    Which form of rational do you promote?

What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

This. 1000 times this.

But nope. There will still be people on here defending "going for a few scoops" because they "can't sit inside" for a few nights.

Arseholes.

Not everyone clogs the A&E after a night out to be fair. But those that do now should be put waaay down on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I know it has been asked, but my partner is a chef, where should he go to for financial support if the business shuts?

Ring the bank first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

fritzelly wrote: »
    This thread is hard enough to keep up with without the whingefest about people having a drink in a pub
    Got a problem with it complain to the VFI or the government instead of the self-flagellation on a thread about a virus

God help us if people are that thick to blame the government for themselves going to crowded pubs. We all have individual responsibility, including you, the government cant control every person and every business in the country.

It's just total selfishness at this stage. If you cant not go to the pub for a couple of weeks to literally stop a deadly virus spreading to your friends and family members, you have bigger issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Your intelligent and considered reply has really changed my outlook, well done

There's a time to tell idiots where to go and that was the perfect time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

You can always fcuk off if you don't like it.

giphy.gif

I never get tired of using that GIF, only way to express how much I enjoy some posts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Feck off.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/protect-yourself.html

The guidelines are clear and obvious and anyone ignoring them in this time of national emergency is an anti-social scumbag who should be shot into space to spare the rest of us from their ignorance and complete lack of respect for the rest of society.

Keep howling at the moon so. that will get things sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

This is false. However even if true, what’s the end game of shutting down everything? Economy won’t cope for the necessary period of time you’d need to isolate everyone while waiting for a vaccine. The UK IS taking action to spread the peak while wanting to limit it to one peak, not months of going round in circles.
    It's not false. All true. You can can find that out yourself. I did the research and it took me a while. If you dispute it providence evidence disputing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement