Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Worldwide per John Hopkins 20:42 14/3/20
    Confirmed 155,227
    Recovered 72,590
    Dead 5802
    Resolved 78392
    Dead/resolved 7.40%
    Dead/Confirmed 3.74%

Trying to use test results not applicable, criteria for applying test vary from country to country, tests can only yield positive results if sufficient quantity of virus being shed, a negative result does NOT mean a person does not have virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Adiboo wrote: »
    Do the postal services still operate in the countries under lockdown?

They're still running in Italy though I'd imagine with considerable disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

My local has hand sanitizer for everyone coming in. All good

Make sure you have a few pints of it. It will clean you out if nothing else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It doesn't matter whether it is an old people's illness or not.If it goes on too long or gets totally out of control, and we are stuck indoors indefinitely, then the economic impact becomes all of our problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Adiboo wrote: »
    Do the postal services still operate in the countries under lockdown?

Per somebody from Lombardy I was chatting to elsewhere, yes, albeit with delayed deliveries or sometimes reduced rounds (eg every second day). It's considered an essential service like bin collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

froog wrote: »
    i kinda feel like every single bit of money in the world right now needs to be going into this thing - primarily into ICU beds and equipment.

deal with the global depression after.

How sad are we as a species that money is even a factor in this type of crisis? We invented money to assist society but now it rules us so much that we'll let thousands of people die to keep the economy going.

I can express myself poorly at times, it's true

No. You made a valid point and you made it well.
    Then people tried to shout you down.

Don't give in to these hysterical toilet-roll hoarders.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,737 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

shesty wrote: »
    It doesn't matter whether it is an old people's illness or not.If it goes on too long or gets totally out of control, and we are stuck indoors indefinitely, then the economic impact becomes all of our problem.

It's also an impact on anyone who needs intensive care for any reason e.g. resulting from a car accident etc etc

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Will be grand here. People need to relax the cax. A lot of people are just using this as an opportunity to bash Ireland’s drinking culture. This thread is in no way reflective of the general population, all of whom are out doing normal things like normal people tonight.

People are becoming slightly hysterical, not a good sign if things are to get significantly worse.
    I suspect its a lot of people who were in denial up until recently and are now in a full on panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Sally and David Abel from the Princess Cruise ship have landed back in England,they tested negative 2 times in the Japanese hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yes. Supermarkets and chemists too. The nessessities.

Thank god. Thats good news my aunt was worried about how she'd get her pension if post offices closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

The pints and the craic.

Absolute numpties

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Will be grand here. People need to relax the cax. A lot of people are just using this as an opportunity to bash Ireland’s drinking culture. This thread is in no way reflective of the general population, all of whom are out doing normal things like normal people tonight.

There’s no right or wrong. Unless you went into lockdown last week then you’re just listening to whichever government and powers be tell you to do.
    All of whom are out doing normal things like normal people?
    I am a normal person I am avoiding crowded pubs I think it's for the best.
    I am fairly young, 30s but have had pneumonia before it was bloody horrendous no idea if I am more vulnerable than other people.
    They will be locked down sooner or later imo.
    Some Irish people in general have a hugely unnatural obsession with the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭billyhead

Because young people are also dying. A lower percentage does not mean zero.

Fairly straightforward.

Heard yesterday a young fit man who does marathons is in ICU with this disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

There’s no right or wrong. Unless you went into lockdown last week then you’re just listening to whichever government and powers be tell you to do.

I won’t be going out over this period unless there’s a reason. Had a reason to go out this weekend but having been sick, opted against it. I would have felt justified. I’m not just going to go out and sink pints for sake of it but if it was my birthday and had made plans I would have followed through on them for example.

But their is right and wrong in this.
    The current climate is not one that's conductive to life as normal. People need to make changes to what they get up to. If they can't then they will be forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Does anybody know why recovered cases (and I presume we have some by now) are not being reported?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

If they end up in A&E, they should be fcuked out.

They will be in one way or another, tolerance for people like this wasting healthcare resources will be nonexistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

As much as I agree that gatherings like this shouldn't be taking place, its irresponsible.

Does anyone know if that video is from today ? Just wondering as theres been alot of false stuff on social media recently and its easy to just put up a video and say it's from today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Andrew00 wrote: »
    The pints and the craic.

Absolute numpties

Great banter no doubt. :rolleyes: Nurses and doctors putting their lives at risk to stem this disease and these arseholes giving the 2 fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

pjohnson wrote: »
    Thank god. Thats good news my aunt was worried about how she'd get her pension if post offices closed.

It may be possible to switch the pension payment to bank account for time being? They might ease up on rules, may be worth asking Monday.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Dolt of a sister posting on Instagram in London in a packed wine bar saying "not quite ready for quarantine yet"

And she an NHS worker

How dare you! She's an angel!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thick inbred bãstards.
    On behalf of Dubs I take offence to that. I am sure not all in that video are inbred.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

owlbethere wrote: »
    Have a look at this:

https://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2020/03/14/face-au-coronavirus-le-ministre-de-la-sante-recommande-de-ne-pas-prendre-d-ibuprofene_6033095_3224.html

It's a French article, so I can only read it in Google Chrome.

Apparently, ibuprofen may not be recommended for home treatment of Coronavirus. Something about aggregating symptoms or something.

Ibuprofen is usually my go to medicine when I don't feel well.

The article is saying that some cases of C19 in younger people with no underlying illness have have worsened when Ibubrofen was used to treat the fever.

Also says that where there are underlying infections already, Ibubrofen has considerably worsened the outcome for those C19 patients.

Seems to me that the Ibubrofen issue affects those with C19 whether young, older, and especially those with underlying issues.

Talk to your doctor or ring him/her up, I think at this stage, as long as you are not being treated for C19 it will be ok. But I'm no medic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

see them tv shows like ant and dec...when do they get recorded ?...full studio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

She could also just switch to a bank transfer? Probably should be doing that anyway at the moment regardless if post offices are open.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,737 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If there is an issue with Ibuprofen, they'd want to circulate that in a hurry. Pretty much every woman I know uses it to manage their "headaches" once a month.

The Minister for Health in France issued a warning ... hopefully other health ministries will follow suit:
    https://www.thelocal.fr/20200314/coronavirus-french-health-minister-issues-warning-over-anti-flammatories

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

2 weeks should be the limit. And then we need to get back to normal every day living and try to live with this Scum-Bag virus.
    Kinda joking half in earnest!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement