Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Mav11 wrote: »
    Does anybody know why recovered cases (and I presume we have some by now) are not being reported?

Theres 1 recovered in CUH (was reported by the Echo) ands 4 have been discharged from UHL (reported by the Limerick Leader) although unclear if they are recovered or self isolating

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

pjohnson wrote: »
    Thick inbred bãstards.

Are we certain it's from today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭cozar

Thought I would chill out and watch a movie. Picked Contagion. Big mistake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

But their is right and wrong in this.
    The current climate is not one that's conductive to life as normal. People need to make changes to what they get up to. If they can't then they will be forced.

What happens if all those people believe the UK advice that herd immunity is the way to go. Why should we have to toe the line of our masters? I didn’t vote for FG. I didn’t vote for Leo.

*I am playing devils advocate on this thread, I am someone who sees both sides but the hysteria found here seems to be completely at odds with the rest of the population where a I live. South Dublin btw

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

froog wrote: »
    i kinda feel like every single bit of money in the world right now needs to be going into this thing - primarily into ICU beds and equipment.

deal with the global depression after.

Governments need to start budgeting for the fact that every few years something like this could happen so that, if it does happen, they aren't borrowing on top of an already difficult debt situation. They also need to have carefully worked out plans on how to shut down and restart government services, what to pay people out of work, how to provide emergency supplies etc. Doing it on the hoof is not a solution.

Unfortunately, however, people would never vote for a political party that promised the fiscal prudence needed to get the country to that level, when the other parties will be promising giveaway tax cuts and spending increases!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Does anybody know why recovered cases (and I presume we have some by now) are not being reported?

Which recovered cases? Most cases are 'open' as in, ongoing and not closed. It can take many many weeks to 'recover' which is a subjective description at best. When is someone recovered?
    After they return 1 or 2 false tests? After they feel they are back to normal? After 6 weeks? After the next full moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Every single person in that clip is an absolute gobshlte. Embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

A bunch of idiotic thermos-heads.

Denis o brien something something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Breakdown on the cases today https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/6c3762-statement-from-the-health-protection-surveillance-centre-saturday-14/

The HPSC has also been informed of 39 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland. 29 males and 10 females are confirmed.

Of today's cases:

21 are associated with the east of the country
    13 associated with the south
    3 associated with the north-west
    2 cases associated with the west of Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

cozar wrote: »
    Thought I would chill out and watch a movie. Picked Contagion. Big mistake!!

It's only a movie ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

There's been 1 confirmed recovered case that we know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭paul71

No. You made a valid point and you made it well.
    Then people tried to shout you down.

Don't give in to these hysterical toilet-roll hoarders.

Direction has been given by the WHO and by government. 2 meters distance, 15 minutes. That direction is ignored predictably by a significant proportion of the population because of an addiction.

By all means raise a point and debate it. When people with a contrary opinion based on fact and evidence counter your point, is it valid to say they are shouting?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,040 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Adiboo wrote: »
    Do the postal services still operate in the countries under lockdown?

An post said it was still operating after the announcement last Thursday but whether that may change I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

An awful lot of 'holier than thou' horse**** being spouted on here.

Idiotic comment. Do you think they're locking down events in lots of countries at great expense for nothing? Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,040 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Adiboo wrote: »
    Do the postal services still operate in the countries under lockdown?

An post said it was still operating after the announcement last Thursday but whether that may change I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

30's old now? In terms of dying 60-70 is considered young.

Also I think your statistic is bull****, maybe you're thinking of South Korea?

Nope not BS at all
    Zero deaths Under 30 in Italy

Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Shn99 wrote: »
    Theres 1 recovered in CUH (was reported by the Echo) ands 4 have been discharged from UHL (reported by the Limerick Leader) although unclear if they are recovered or self isolating

I know that, bit bizarre that we are getting all the bad news (infected, deaths) but not recovered!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Why are they not releasing where specifically the infections are? It's just North, South, East, West

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Is mass tomorrow cancelled nation wide? I do hope so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

froog wrote: »
    i kinda feel like every single bit of money in the world right now needs to be going into this thing - primarily into ICU beds and equipment.

deal with the global depression after.

Maybe it's time that we wake up and create a society that puts people's wellbeing first?

Just my notion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Every single person in that clip is an absolute gobshlte. Embarrassing.

If its the pub in temple bar everyone says it is then it's full of tourists who are happy to pay 8 quid for a pint, gob****es on both fronts

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

What happens if all those people believe the UK advice that herd immunity is the way to go. Why should we have to toe the line of our masters? I didn’t vote for FG. I didn’t vote for Leo.

No guarantee that the UK position will go better or worse for them than our position. However we at least seem to have global majority thinking on our side. The cmo here or the UK are just lads doing a job. They aren't infallible. They, one or both, may be totally wrong in their thinking and in the advice they give.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

Never thought I would agree with Simon Harris

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1238929572701384704

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

6 cases in nui galway hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The Minister for Health in France issued a warning ... hopefully other health ministries will follow suit:
    https://www.thelocal.fr/20200314/coronavirus-french-health-minister-issues-warning-over-anti-flammatories

That's what I've heard, yes.

Ibuprofen is almost uniquely effective and available for managing period side effects so if people are stuck in the house with nothing to take their minds off it they're going to be knocking it back without a second thought. If it's making otherwise healthy young people vulnerable to the virus' effects, this is the kinda thing that needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Simon Haris has just been critical of the pub video.

Has he forgotten he's in charge and force the pubs to close. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭thejuggler

dougm1970 wrote: »
    see them tv shows like ant and dec...when do they get recorded ?...full studio

That was a live show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I actually know Johnny Savage..........

Don’t worry Johnny I won’t tell anyone your real name :wink:

Who is or was Johnny Savage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I’ve developed a pain on a troublesome tooth I got repaired last month.
    I hope to ring the dentist on Monday to see if I can get an appointment.

Can’t imagine many dentists wanting patients ??
    I assume such close proximity to dentist and patient a risk to both sides ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭cozar

statesaver wrote: »
    It's only a movie ;)

Oh thought it was a “true story “?😊

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement