Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Tiddles_1 wrote: »
    Never thought I would agree with Simon Harris

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1238929572701384704

We don't need tweets.

He and his government have the authority to close pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,040 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is mass tomorrow cancelled nation wide? I do hope so.

Having asked earlier for my grandmother I was given helpful links that yes it will be and probably already has been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Why are they not releasing where specifically the infections are? It's just North, South, East, West

CMO said today that as the number of cases increases, they will begin disclosing individual counties "soon"(his words).
    Its to do with their policy of patient confidentiality ect

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Mav11 wrote: »
    I know that, bit bizarre that we are getting all the bad news (infected, deaths) but not recovered!!!

Partially agree with you but people aren’t taking it seriously enough imo, so cheering about recoveries will only make that worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If you don't want people in pubs, close the pubs. Its that simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Simon Haris has just been critical of the pub video.

Has he forgotten he's in charge and force the pubs to close. Idiot.

Think he's being quite clear that's exactly what will happen if people dont cop on to themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Maybe he thought Irish people could control themselves in the face of this crisis? But no. Our addiction to the "craic" i.e. the gargle, proved him wrong.

I think after this weekend, forcing the pubs to close is inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

odyssey06 wrote: »
    19% over 65.
    But I think we have higher % of people with cystic fibrosis and asthma than Italy.

The Italian death rate is also masking the stark fact that those currently receiving ecmo or ventilation are the fittest and youngest of the patients hospitalised.

The italian doctors have been warning that yes!
    This disease kills the elderly, but it also decimates younger patients unless significant medical interventions are made.

As a tweet shared earlier from Philip Boucher-Hayes attests, we have our 1st "young and healthy" person admitted to ICU with no co-morbidity!

The choices that our medical professionals may have to face in the coming weeks are stark.

The numbers coming out regarding the demographic of the dead, are only part of the story.
    The heroic interventions required to stabilise younger and relatively fitter patients are huge.

This illness is an attritional monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

This country hasn't the discipline to deal with this I fear. Too many idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Latest news :

BOARDS.IE HAS GONE FULL FACEBOOK

No. You made a valid point and you made it well.
    Then people tried to shout you down.

Don't give in to these hysterical toilet-roll hoarders.

The Minister for Health has just called out these gob****es. He's no hysterical toilet-roll hoarder. These people are ignoring the HSE guidelines and are putting other people's health at risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Idiotic comment. Do you think they're locking down events in lots of countries at great expense for nothing? Cop on.

I believe it is a valid point. there is stupidity on display from those packing the pubs. but equal hysteria on display from posters on here.

That is all I am saying

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Nope not BS at all
    Zero deaths Under 30 in Italy

Zero
    Er am I reading the chart you linked wrong?
    It clearly says 1.2% catching it?
    Also....People's lives matter regardless of age....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

pjohnson wrote: »
    Thick inbred bãstards.

Yep. Utter scum.

Think he's being quite clear that's exactly what will happen if people dont cop on to themselves.

This is nonsense. The government needs to act by way of law and decrees, not by moral pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mav11 wrote: »
    I know that, bit bizarre that we are getting all the bad news (infected, deaths) but not recovered!!!

Probably because there are no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Every single person in that clip is an absolute gobshlte. Embarrassing.

Even without the corona virus that looks like my idea of hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

How dare he give people the choice of not going and doing what's in the best interest of all. Pure cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

But hes not in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

This is nonsense. The government needs to act by way of law and decrees, not by moral pressure.

You seem to know better than the experts.

Typical Irish attitude.

I'm right and everyone else is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Every single person in that clip is an absolute gobshlte. Embarrassing.

Along with our government not closing airports and ports, but hey, single market, free movement of people, eh Simon Harris ? Close pubs but stop not flights from infected areas. Berlin and Brussels must come first

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Mr.S wrote: »
    Judging from walking around Dublin CC and a few other areas, the vast majority are not taking the Gov health advice / social distancing policy seriously. Most bars / pubs / food places looked fairly busy, not Saturday evening busy but still busy. Only quiet / shut places were the fine dining types - probably as can afford to shut the doors for a couple of weeks.

Pubs / bars specifically and any other business that attracts large crowds need to be shut IMO and food places should be allowed to remain but for collection / delivery only. Keep the supermarkets, corner shops and pharmacies open obviously.

Boarders is a tough one, I think a total, outright closure would come with backlash, but something like Denmarks policy (only allowing in Irish citizens, residents, or other limited / strict conditions) should be adopted asap.

I work in a food place and can confirm it's still busy. Our sales are only down about 5%.

We have sick people coming in, coughing right at us, not covering their mouths. We've removed half of our seating to maintain social distancing, so they rearrange the remaining furniture to sit in groups :eek:

I've resorted to wearing masks in work because they refuse to close because sales are still high.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Going by that tweet, it's likely pubs etc will be forced to close early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

lfen wrote: »
    Partially agree with you but people aren’t taking it seriously enough imo, so cheering about recoveries will only make that worse.

I see where you're coming from, but giving people a bit of hope (not cheering) would surely not go astray at this point??

kona wrote: »
    But hes not in charge.

He's a member of the cabinet. The cabinet govern the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

It’s crazy the people who want civil liberty to be abandoned and want the state to step in to police the streets, shut down public gatherings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

gmisk wrote: »
    Er am I reading the chart you linked wrong?
    It clearly says 1.2% catching it?
    Also....People's lives matter regardless of age....

Yes.
    Deaths is in the column on the left hand side

And yes peoples lives do matter. This was in response to Boucher-Hayes scaremongering without any evidence ti back it up and then saying young people had died in Italy.

The evidence says not

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

He has to close the pubs now , My blood is boiling absolutely no consideration for anyone else absolute bunch of idiots anyone out in a packed pub tonight shame on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Wibbs wrote: »
    I suspect they'd have to A. They'd be a lifeline in many ways, given you can get so many basic things online.

As long as they stop making you sign that dirty electonic thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

The Minister for Health has just called out these gob****es. He's no hysterical toilet-roll hoarder. These people are ignoring the HSE guidelines and are putting other people's health at risk.

This is the same government that didn’t stop the flights from Italy a couple of weeks ago. They have zero credibility.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement