Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

You seem to know better than the experts.

Typical Irish attitude.

I'm right and everyone else is wrong.

I'm pointing out the ridiculousness of Simon Harris' tweet. If he's opposed to pubs being full, then he should refrain from tweeting about it for likes and actually enact laws to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

The Brits won’t shut the schools on our lead , it would be “the tail wagging the dog”

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

He's a member of the cabinet. The cabinet govern the country.

So what your saying is that infact the cabinet are in charge and not a single individual whose responsibility is nothing to do with business?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It’s crazy the people who want civil liberty to be abandoned and want the state to step in to police the streets, shut down public gatherings etc.

Too many people are too fùcking stupid to be let loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I’ve developed a pain on a troublesome tooth I got repaired last month.
    I hope to ring the dentist on Monday to see if I can get an appointment.

Can’t imagine many dentists wanting patients ??
    I assume such close proximity to dentist and patient a risk to both sides ?
    Friend in NL was infected by her dentist. She had her wisdom tooth removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭moceri

Recovered Coronavirus patients testing positive again.

https://youtu.be/3-wf3Nb8tzI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It’s crazy the people who want civil liberty to be abandoned and want the state to step in to police the streets, shut down public gatherings etc.

That's how the Chinese beat this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Shoes and Boots

I think with quality of healthcare in Ireland we will overtake China digits easily ! Also many mans in Ireland does not care about cough or fever and never give up coming to work everyday.Many does not care about any virus at all because mortgage and bills has to be paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Simon Haris has just been critical of the pub video.

Has he forgotten he's in charge and force the pubs to close. Idiot.

They just gave him a reason to shut down the whole country, and he's dead right in what he said. Insult to all those workers who have to leave their loved ones to stand at the coal face of this virus.

Possible that some of them won't come back, some of them will bring the very thing they are fighting back into their homes.

I am angry at the people who cannot seem to wrap their heads around the seriousness of this, yes it was a slow approach but a lot of people here saw this coming after Christmas.

I am angry because of the people I love with all my heart who might not make it with their lives and those who will but will end up forever changed emotionally and mentally.

People taking the piss and not taking any precautions gives a two fingers to everyone who is doing their best to get us all through this and out the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sanitised hands. Be grand. No issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Yeah crazy, not like there's an unprecedented public health emergency going on or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Probably because there are no more.

But there are!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I live here in Seville and the Spanish government are locking down everything from 8.00 monday morning. We can only go out alone to go to the supermarket, go to the petrol station and go to the pharmacy. Can't go out and do exercise either. It will be interesting here in my neighbourhood to see if they will obey as it's very poor here and the people don't give a ****e. Can see the police patrolling and giving people fines. I completely agree with the measures taken by the Spanish government.

Simon Haris has just been critical of the pub video.

Has he forgotten he's in charge and force the pubs to close. Idiot.

Unfortunately it's a balancing act. We saw what happened after Leo's speech on Thursday with places getting ransacked. They're hoping that they can get the message across within instigating panic. Looks like the time might be passing for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

jackboy wrote: »
    This is the same government that didn’t stop the flights from Italy a couple of weeks ago. They have zero credibility.

Italy stopped flights from China in January.

How is that working out for them?

There is and always has been restrictions on civil liberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Nope not BS at all
    Zero deaths Under 30 in Italy

Zero

Fair enough, though that was when they only had about 1,000 deaths. Young people tend to hang on a lot longer, it took months to kill some Chinese doctors, which included a 34 year old without any obvious existing conditions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8091705/Fourth-colleague-Chinas-coronavirus-whistle-blower-doctor-dies-disease.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

This is aside from the permanent lung damage and testicle damage it can do. The idea that you're either recovered or dead is a false dichotomy. It can be pretty nasty to get regardless.

Reminder also that Italy are operating a triage situation where they're allowing the elderly to die in order to favour young people, as is done to some extent in all countries - that's clearly going to skew the numbers a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

moceri wrote: »
    Recovered Coronavirus patients testing positive again.

https://youtu.be/3-wf3Nb8tzI

The herd immunity is going to work great in the UK............*Sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

As long as they stop making you sign that dirty electonic thing.

Mine usually signs for me and ****s it in the porch window :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

ricero wrote: »
    This country hasn't the discipline to deal with this I fear. Too many idiots.

Weeks ago everyone talked about how Italians can't do this or that.

I think the whole Europe is the same.

People just won't do what they are told.

Can't even stand those pricks at work who can't wait for the business to be closed so they can do whatever they want like it is ****ing holidays.

Topic number 1 of course how we gonna get paid. Sure they must pay us.

Sure they must do this or that, yet none of them are doing what they are told to. Useless brainless individuals who just care about themselves. Nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Imagine your into the 14th hour of a 24 hour shift in a&e because you give a **** about what's going on and some fat headed ignorant cnut comes in and says I think I got it in a pub from a fellas on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mav11 wrote: »
    But there are!

How do you know? Any sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

pjohnson wrote: »
    Too many people are too fùcking stupid to be let loose.

Agreed, I have some libertarian beliefs, but sadly we need the state to intervene here.

Even ignoring the health risks, are any of these people not aware many of their jobs could be on the line? I'm a little concerned about mine and I could not justify spending money on pints ffs.

Unfortunately it's a balancing act. We saw what happened after Leo's speech on Thursday with places getting ransacked. They're hoping that they can get the message across within instigating panic. Looks like the time might be passing for it though.

His tweet was for likes and praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

*I am playing devils advocate on this thread, I am someone who sees both sides but the hysteria found here seems to be completely at odds with the rest of the population where a I live. South Dublin btw

Are you not having people clearing out the shops in Dub then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

So Harris and Co. Left the pubs open for what reason? If everyone acted in a socially responsible way, they would be empty anyway. So just assume people will act responsibility and close them. Logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

What I don't understand is that so many people are (rightly) concerned about pubs and clubs staying open yet have no issue with the multitude of flights landing here all day long, many from affected areas. Makes no sense..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

This is nonsense. The government needs to act by way of law and decrees, not by moral pressure.

It does. But isn't a pity we are still so socially immature as a society that it has to be done that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They just gave him a reason to shut down the whole country, and he's dead right in what he said. Insult to all those workers who have to leave their loved ones to stand at the coal face of this virus.

Possible that some of them won't come back, some of them will bring the very thing they are fighting back into their homes.

I am angry at the people who cannot seem to wrap their heads around the seriousness of this, yes it was a slow approach but a lot of people here saw this coming after Christmas.

I am angry because of the people I love with all my heart who might not make it with their lives and those who will but will end up forever changed emotionally and mentally.

People taking the piss and not taking any precautions gives a two fingers to everyone who is doing their best to get us all through this and out the other side.

I would love if every inbred fúcktard in that video had their face snapped and if they ever presented anywhere with symptoms they were immediately just locked in a empty room until the virus ran its course. Dont waste a single resource (beside the completely empty room) on them and don't let them back into society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,040 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I live here in Seville and the Spanish government are locking down everything from 8.00 monday morning. We can only go out alone to go to the supermarket, go to the petrol station and go to the pharmacy. Can't go out and do exercise either. It will be interesting here in my neighbourhood to see if they will obey as it's very poor here and the people don't give a ****e. Can see the police patrolling and giving people fines.

Not even to exercise ? I know cornavirus is a physical issue but what about the mental health of people ? Not even a walk just to stretch the legs ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement