Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Simon Haris has just been critical of the pub video.

Has he forgotten he's in charge and force the pubs to close. Idiot.

I suspect it is a lot closer now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

What I don't understand is that so many people are (rightly) concerned about pubs and clubs staying open yet have no issue with the multitude of flights landing here all day long, many from affected areas. Makes no sense..

Yeah, about time someone brought the flights issue up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

Italy stopped flights from China in January.

How is that working out for them?

Italy have infected half the world since then. So yes, flights from Italy should have been banned long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

crazy looking at the figures that our amount is double that of russia !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not even to exercise ? I know cornavirus is a physical issue but what about the mental health of people ? Not even a walk just to stretch the legs ?

Take advantage when you go to the supermarket, you can also go to a hairdressers as strangely enough they are one of the places that are also left open. But then again this is conflicting as they say you can only go out for something that's necessary, i don't think getting your hair done is something essential haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Just got a photo from my mate. He was also out last night and again tonight. Picture of his pint and shot at the bar in a pub in town. Saying getting pissed. This guy works in a nursing home. Id love to report him to the nursing home. Disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

What I don't understand is that so many people are (rightly) concerned about pubs and clubs staying open yet have no issue with the multitude of flights landing here all day long, many from affected areas. Makes no sense..

It gives them something to whinge about. They would love to shut down the whole show without considering the effects of such a move.
    We can only play with the hand we are dealt, fact is most people are going to get it, its just a matter of managing as best we can the amount that have it at any given time. You can bet your ass the subsequent recession will be even worse for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

pjohnson wrote: »
    I would love if every inbred fúcktard in that video had their face snapped and if they ever presented anywhere with symptoms they were immediately just locked in a empty room until the virus ran its course. Dont waste a single resource (beside the completely empty room) on them and don't let them back into society.

You need to be across the pond for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

bennyl10 wrote: »
    This was in response to Boucher-Hayes scaremongering without any evidence ti back it up
    i didnt see where he mentioned italy, but

https://twitter.com/boucherhayes/status/1238906839221313537

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

martin101 wrote: »
    Just got a photo from my mate. He was also out last night and again tonight. Picture of his pint and shot at the bar in a pub in town. Saying getting pissed. This guy works in a nursing home. Id love to report him to the nursing home. Disgrace.

You’re not really a mate. Either call him out on his behavior or not. If I was morally objecting to people going out, that’s what I would do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Most people calling for pubs to be closed have called for flights to be stopped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

martin101 wrote: »

Do report the cùnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Obituaries in the Bergamo Echo 09/02/2020:
    1 page and a bit

Obituaries in the Bergamo Echo 13/03/2020:
    10 pages

"It's only a flu..."

Bergamo daily newspaper

https://twitter.com/davcarretta/status/1238791068071661568

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Update on my personal case, i cannot find anyone to test me until Monday! Besides that, all is good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Shn99 wrote: »
    The herd immunity is going to work great in the UK............*Sigh*

You do realise this just means we are all ****ed not just the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Probably loads of people queing up all over the country to sing a bit of karaoke too,them mics wouldnt be healthy on a normal night nevermind now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

A relative of mine was on a flight from Malta to Dublin on Tuesday where there was a confirmed case on board. She was just called earlier on today to self isolate. It may have been delays in the person being tested, but 4 days of the entire plane going about normal business in Ireland.

You can see how tough contact tracing can be given the incubation period and testing for the virus. Only going to get tougher with community transmissions on the up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Take advantage when you go to the supermarket, you can also go to a hairdressers as strangely enough they are one of the places that are also left open. But then again this is conflicting as they say you can only go out for something that's necessary, i don't think getting your hair done is something essential haha

So we might feel like shít but look absolutely fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

You’re not really a mate. Either call him out on his behavior or not. If I was morally objecting to people going out, that’s what I would do

Any anger about this should be directed at the government. No one is breaking the law by going to the pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

I’m really cautious about this virus- have been following news about it closely since January. But is anyone getting sick of the way the word “lockdown” is being used by people? Heard from a friend today that Waterford hospital is in “lockdown”! I mean a lockdown actually means a lockdown - what is currently happening in Italy comes close to it but we as a country are not currently in lockdown. Sorry, I know that there are more important things to worry about than words but misusing words can feed into general confusion and uncertainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I'm not a mate? It's his decision to go out. Told him it's not on.what else do you want me to do? Go into town and take him out of the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

I think with quality of healthcare in Ireland we will overtake China digits easily ! Also many mans in Ireland does not care about cough or fever and never give up coming to work everyday.Many does not care about any virus at all because mortgage and bills has to be paid.

You obviously have never been to China and know nothing about the country. One example, a CT scan can be done after half an hour waiting and is covered by social health care. I wonder if Irish health care system can beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ole ole ole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

namloc1980 wrote: »
    How do you know? Any sources?

Yes, and there are more!! So what's the story on only bad news????

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/First-coronavirus-patient-discharged-from-CUH-after-making-full-recovery-d2a43e93-9ce2-49ab-86b0-8004ef85de3b-ds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Shoes and Boots

Italy stopped flights from China in January.

How is that working out for them?
    I think corona was brought to Italy by emigrants from Asia,who came back after China New Year and who mostly work in Italy with old people,as cleaners in houses,nurses in hospitals,etc.That why numbers started rising so quickly and mostly in North Italy were emigrants work because money there is better than on South of Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

It’s crazy the people who want civil liberty to be abandoned and want the state to step in to police the streets, shut down public gatherings etc.

The world is not black and white or as simplistic as you seem to think it is.

There is a Global Medical Pandemic. Not a once in a generational thing. Its probably a once in a multi generational event. It will likely be the most serious event you and I ever face in our lifetimes. It will disturb and uproot our lifestyle in ways that we would never have imagined.

So maybe taking this into account, peoples have altered their viewpoint in the correct direction.

So cop on and grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

• Registered Users Posts: 30,737 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

pjohnson wrote: »
    Too many people are too fùcking stupid to be let loose.

I'm more libertarian than 99% of the Irish political spectrum.
    If someone wants to be stupid with their own life that's their business.
    This is an infectious disease. A line is crossed into everybody's health.
    That's when we need government to act with strong authority.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

dougm1970 wrote: »
    crazy looking at the figures that our amount is double that of russia !!

Yea that's because Russians are a really tough bastids like vlad, wrestling bears bare chested while riding horses bare back.....or they're lying and its ripping through the place ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement