Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Any anger about this should be directed at the government. No one is breaking the law by going to the pub.

Not really the government put out the notice. Their big mistake was underestimating the amount of selfish braindead useless alco's that are actually in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Downlinz

So Harris and Co. Left the pubs open for what reason? If everyone acted in a socially responsible way, they would be empty anyway. So just assume people will act responsibility and close them. Logic.

There were reports all week of restaurants, hotels and cafes struggling badly, the public were deciding to stay away without government intervention. It wasn't unreasonable to think the same might apply to pubs but old Ireland and alcoholism rears its head again.

It's an interesting point as an aside that we've learned how fundamental many Irish people consider drink and the pub to their very existence to a point where they'll risk everything including their lives to uphold it.
    When the pubs are actually banned we should all be concerned with what these people are going to do next because they're unlikely to have any intention to stay quietly at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mav11 wrote: »

That's the first confirmed case from a few days ago. Where's the other sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

dougm1970 wrote: »
    crazy looking at the figures that our amount is double that of russia !!

I think the whole world knows which countries are not to be trusted on their figures. Russia is near the top of the list along with Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Really feels like we're living in surreal times.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

maybe going forwards biology should be made a mandatory subject up to junior or even leaving cert

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

moceri wrote: »
    Recovered Coronavirus patients testing positive again.

https://youtu.be/3-wf3Nb8tzI

thats from 2 weeks ago, any more word on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Any anger about this should be directed at the government. No one is breaking the law by going to the pub.

You don't need to be breaking a law to be a selfish ****.

The government have given advice. Selfish ***** have not followed it and have put others in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Colorado Woman Living In Italy Offers Warning About Coronavirus

Video here

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Shoes and Boots

Yea that's because Russians are a really tough bastids like vlad, wrestling bears bare chested while riding horses bare back.....or they're lying and its ripping through the place ?
    The problem is because you dont speak russian and dont read russian media.14 new cases only per today in Moscow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Hats off to the Spanish and French taking drastic measures tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

These are absolute pie in the sky, bullsh!t , Harry Potter figures

Erm, okay?

Source for those are from: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Every statistic is backed up.

But you carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I'm more libertarian than 99% of the Irish political spectrum.
    If someone wants to be stupid with their own life that's their business.
    This is an infectious disease. A line is crossed into everybody's health.
    That's when we need government to act with strong authority.

I couldnt care less and would be probably be delighted if they were just eliminating themselves from the genepool (not one person in that pub is worth a damn to the country) but they are endangering everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

s982102 wrote: »
    You obviously have never been to China and know nothing about the country. One example, a CT scan can be done after half an hour waiting and is covered by social health care. I wonder if Irish health care system can beat that.

I think this is exactly what the other poster you quoted said.

China was able to put up temporary hospitals in a matter of weeks, we can’t deal with adding enough beds withouth a crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Uncomfortable reading from Holland.
    16 year old in coma on ICU due to Covid19.
    2 remarks.. it is the only child on ICU with Covid19, but another article reports half the ICU Covid19 patients are under 50.

https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/nederland/artikel/5056536/sehraz-breda-coronavirus-16-intensive-care-besmet-covid19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I get annoyed at people going out in code reds but at least they are only affecting themselves but these ejits out in packed pubs could affect anyone so infuriating

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

He's a member of the cabinet. The cabinet govern the country.

No.
    EU govern this country. Simon Harris is on twitter giving out about some pub. Remember he is a TD and did nothing to stops flights coming into this country from infected areas because "open borders, movement of people , single market" and now he's on about a pub.

FFS he should of been on twitter 2 weeks ago trying to stop flights from Italy but oh no the Germans and EU won't want that.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That's the first confirmed case from a few days ago. Where's the other sources?

Don't need anymore sources, this has only been reported locally from 3 days ago. If you look at global stats Ireland is not showing any recoveries, but is spot on with deaths and infections. Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Really feels like we're living in surreal times.

Scary isn't it? Checking in with family on the phone not able to visit hurts alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

Level 42 wrote: »
    Hats off to the Spanish and French taking drastic measures tonight

Really? Seems like the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Simon Haris has just been critical of the pub video.

Has he forgotten he's in charge and force the pubs to close. Idiot.

They are just waiting for Paddy's Day to be over, then Whoosh I reckon.

We are looking at a worse case scenario of 50% of all healthcare workers been out of work due to contact with patients with coronavirus in the next week. Things are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Preview for us in a week or so if not already in some parts - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rZ_Qqyyb5M
    (Madrid)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I'd be interested in how the lockdown operates in rural areas?

Will it just be tractors with slurry spreaders and milk tankers on the road? Wouod going out for a cycle be allowed?

Would marts be held?

Maybe checkpoints on the way into towns, and show that your going to supermarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

hurikane wrote: »
    Really? Seems like the only option.

Well they could of went down the UK road

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

thats from 2 weeks ago, any more word on it?

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-13/china-japan-korea-coronavirus-reinfection-test-positive

The science surrounding these apparent reinfections is further complicated by China’s handling of the outbreak, which since January has been marred by faulty testing procedures and questionable case counting methods with shifting definitions. In addition, the overburdened healthcare system has put pressure on doctors to discharge people who may not have fully recovered to free up beds for newly infected patients.

Scientists in and outside China agree that reinfection is a highly unlikely explanation for the patients who retest positive. They say testing errors are more likely to blame

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Ironicname wrote: »
    You don't need to be breaking a law to be a selfish ****.

The government have given advice. Selfish ***** have not followed it and have put others in danger.

I just don't understand this.

The government are in charge. They need to act in this regard. No one is breaking the law by going for a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

pjohnson wrote: »
    Do report the cùnt.

Welcome to Nazi Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

Downlinz wrote: »
    There were reports all week of restaurants, hotels and cafes struggling badly, the public were deciding to stay away without government intervention. It wasn't unreasonable to think the same might apply to pubs but old Ireland and alcoholism rears its head again.

It's an interesting point as an aside that we've learned how fundamental many Irish people consider drink and the pub to their very existence to a point where they'll risk everything including their lives to uphold it.
    When the pubs are actually banned we should all be concerned with what these people are going to do next because they're unlikely to have any intention to stay quietly at home.

I think in rural Ireland they will still be open but behind closed doors , publicans are on there knees as it is , the trainees from templemore should be put on it then and immediate license ban for life for anyone found serving alcohol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement