Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It rubs the hand sanitiser on its skin or else it gets the dose again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

The irish government needs to start to take action now, they are two weeks behind Italy in the curve of the virus and a week behind Spain. They have time but they need to act now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭kyote00

I don't think that is correct ...

https://nextstrain.org/ncov?f_country=Italy

According to the above site, the first north italy cases came via Holland ....
    I think corona was brought to Italy by emigrants from Asia,who came back after China New Year and who mostly work in Italy with old people,as cleaners in houses,nurses in hospitals,etc.That why numbers started rising so quickly and mostly in North Italy were emigrants work because money there is better than on South of Italy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

pjohnson wrote: »
    Not really the government put out the notice. Their big mistake was underestimating the amount of selfish braindead useless alco's that are actually in Ireland.

I don’t know if they made a “mistake”, in terms of not expecting this.

They issued the warnings, and they are being widely ignored by a lot of people.

They will use that now as justification for harsher measures. If they’d gone straight to it, there’d have been these gob****es out partying now screaming bloody murder.

Obviously, they still will. But for a lot of people, it will be seen as “we tried to let he take some responsibilities for yourselves, and it’s not just you ignored it, you actively did the opposite and laughed, like bold children. So we HAVE to act stronger now”.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

fritzelly wrote: »
    Welcome to Nazi Ireland

Cop the fcuk on.
    Not the same thing. Reporting to possibly save a life or lives.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

I think the whole world knows which countries are not to be trusted on their figures. Russia is near the top of the list along with Turkey.

Nothing gets into north Korea without a **** load of paperwork and viruses a notoriously flaky when it comes to paperwork......

Rockall still clear

• Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Christy42

Danno wrote: »
    Erm, okay?

Source for those are from: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Every statistic is backed up.

But you carry on.

That reports confirmed cases. Not how many people have it. The US has not been testing and has struggled to get working tests. Their numbers are badly wrong and everyone knows it.

As of 4 days ago they had completed 8.5K tests (according to the site you linked). They are 100 times bigger than us and we have managed around 4.3K tests (according to the 3% number being positive in todays press). So of course we are going to have a bigger % confirmed.

But sure according to your logic we would be grand if we stopped all testing? Then we would have 0 new cases on that site every day! Then we would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I just don't understand this.

The government are in charge. They need to act in this regard. No one is breaking the law by going for a drink.
    They are not breaking the law but they are being selfish w@nkers. Do they have to introduce a law for people to show some concern and decency for their fellow citizens?
    Regardless look at other countries shutdown of bars, restaurant, cinemas etc seems inevitable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭paul71

fritzelly wrote: »
    Welcome to Nazi Ireland

Welcome to the world of Ostriches

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Mav11 wrote: »
    Don't need anymore sources, this has only been reported locally from 3 days ago. If you look at global stats Ireland is not showing any recoveries, but is spot on with deaths and infections. Why?

Because there's only been 1 reported recovery. You do realise this disease takes weeks to recover from and be eliminated from the body yes? Germany has 4,500 cases and 45 recovered i.e. 1%. France has 12 out of 4,400 0.3%. Ireland is running at the same rate. Put the tinfoil hat away please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Is mass tomorrow cancelled nation wide? I do hope so.

We're all Praying anyway.
    Hail Mary Full Of Grace The Lord Is With Thee......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The drama of the parades only seems like a drop in the ocean now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I just don't understand this.

The government are in charge. They need to act in this regard. No one is breaking the law by going for a drink.

If the government "close down" the pubs is it against the law for the pubs to open then? Or are they just asked to close. Like can laws be brought in that quick or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Uncomfortable reading from Holland.
    16 year old in coma on ICU due to Covid19.
    2 remarks.. it is the only child on ICU with Covid19, but another article reports half the ICU Covid19 patients are under 50.

https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/nederland/artikel/5056536/sehraz-breda-coronavirus-16-intensive-care-besmet-covid19

Have you a link to the other article or is it the tweet about France? A single stat without context isn't much use and muddies the waters. Percentages of each age group's total cases in ICU is more helpful than a breakdown of ICU cases per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Any anger about this should be directed at the government. No one is breaking the law by going to the pub.

You really get the sense that people are lashing out at everyone except the government, who have been completely reactive and have fcuked up massively so far, the Italian fans flying into Dublin being one example of a monumental fcuk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I don’t know if they made a “mistake”, in terms of not expecting this.

They issued the warnings, and they are being widely ignored by a lot of people.

They will use that now as justification for harsher measures. If they’d gone straight to it, there’d have been these gob****es out partying now screaming bloody murder.

Obviously, they still will. But for a lot of people, it will be seen as “we tried to let he take some responsibilities for yourselves, and it’s not just you ignored it, you actively did the opposite and laughed, like bold children. So we HAVE to act stronger now”.

Anyone with half a brain can see from the last election that the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Can someone post that chart showing that no one in Italy has died so far under the age of 50. That's quiet intersting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

They are just waiting for Paddy's Day to be over, then Whoosh I reckon.
    Can you not see an issue with that?....genuinely?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

THe same minister keeps these pubs open? Close them down or stop moaning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

I have been sanctioned here for what i said was true over the last week but because of a threat of a forum ban i'll not give out any more numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Realistically the reality of the situation will be somewhere in the middle. The panic merchants and the ostriches with their head in the sand are one side of the same coin truth be told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

We are looking at a worse case scenario of 50% of all healthcare workers been out of work due to contact with patients with coronavirus in the next week. Things are bad.

How did that happen? Seriously :confused:

Where are the bloody controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

What a bunch of aholes the Brits are. Trying to be different for the sake of it it seems. Since the idiotic Brexit they have collectively disappeared up their own holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭LukFwd

I think the whole world knows which countries are not to be trusted on their figures. Russia is near the top of the list along with Turkey.

Figures in Thailand are not to be trusted either. They are charging a lot for testing and much of the population can’t afford to be tested. Awful approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Right. Lets say the country’s health service will be hopelessly overwhelmed and the death rate starts going Italian.
    If I have symptoms, the Hse aren’t gonna be any help.
    I’ll probably have a fever so I need to take medication to try and combat this.
    I’ve read on here ibuprofen can have a bad effect coupled with having with c19, so what do I take?
    Paracetamol?
    Aspirin?
    Please, people that don’t believe this scenario will happen just hold your tongue on this post and humour me for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    If the government "close down" the pubs is it against the law for the pubs to open then? Or are they just asked to close. Like can laws be brought in that quick or how does it work?

Id say they would just remove their licenses. Then people are just gunna buy cans and have house parties.
    We live in a fairly free country not some poxy dictatorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭paul71

hetuzozaho wrote: »

Ministerial decree would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Because there's only been 1 reported recovery. You do realise this disease takes weeks to recover from and be eliminated from the body yes? Germany has 4,500 cases and 45 recovered i.e. 1%. France has 12 out of 4,400 0.3%. Ireland is running at the same rate. Put the tinfoil hat away please.

No tinfoil hat, regardless of how good that quip sounds, the point is, which you seem to have missed, is that it has NOT been reported. Why?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Shoes and Boots

kyote00 wrote: »
    I don't think that is correct ...

https://nextstrain.org/ncov?f_country=Italy

According to the above site, the first north italy cases came via Holland ....
    Take a look to digits,how many new cases been discovered per week in Italy and in Ireland or UK.It was massive infected people invasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

shesty wrote: »
    It does. But isn't a pity we are still so socially immature as a society that it has to be done that way.

Its been obvious for years that many Irish people care nothing for others. Its all about them. Rules apply to others, not them. If you say anything they get agrressive and foul mouthed. Those that are parents are juat passing it on to the offspring.

Its as much of a pandemic as any virus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement