Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭briany

We may have to put men on the border, temporarily, if this British strategy goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

kona wrote: »
    Id say they would just remove their licenses. Then people are just gunna buy cans and have house parties.
    We live in a fairly free country not some poxy dictatorship.

We live in a country with a severe alcoholism issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

blade1 wrote: »
    The drama of the parades only seems like a drop in the ocean now.

Isn't it mad how fast its moving? Where will we be next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

I'd be interested in how the lockdown operates in rural areas?

Will it just be tractors with slurry spreaders and milk tankers on the road? Wouod going out for a cycle be allowed?

Would marts be held?

Maybe checkpoints on the way into towns, and show that your going to supermarket?

farmers have to feed their livestock so they'll be out and about and agri stores will have to remain open to some level to supply said feed...
    also tractors will have to get out to plant veg soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

For all the ones giving out about the pubs...

https://www.dublinairport.com/flight-information/live-arrivals

Metal tube full of folks coming in from all over the place including hotspots. Not just tonight, but all day every day for the last month since we found out about Coronavirus.

The pubs at least will be largely empty for most of the week. They'll all be congregating in the Tesco isles looking for bog roll then.

The amount of "holier than thou" looking down their noses at a small crowd in the pub is ridiculous.

Closing the pubs is a kin to locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    How did that happen? Seriously :confused:

Where are the bloody controls.

It's about the need to self isolate for 14 days which could collapse the service.
    .ICU is been prioritised and staff are been trained up to cover it. Again. Important to minimise spread at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Realistically the reality of the situation will be somewhere in the middle. The panic merchants and the ostriches with their head in the sand are one side of the same coin truth be told

The extreme centrist is just as intellectually bereft and irrational as the two types you've just mentioned, you're still taking your cues from others. Why not try actually looking at the facts and make up your own mind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Id say they would just remove their licenses. Then people are just gunna buy cans and have house parties.
    We live in a fairly free country not some poxy dictatorship.

Yeah, well there is a far, far bigger issue at hand right now than people's expectation of being able to have a few cans with the lads or some pints.

Some people just don't get it. They may not suffer any consequence, but someone will because of the absolute ignorance of them.

A few staff from a local school have gone off to Spain for the weekend (majority pulled out of trip) and have been sending pics of their great time to colleagues. Cretins, everyone. I hope they're kept over there, shunted into some cheap hotel and told to not move for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

We are looking at a worse case scenario of 50% of all healthcare workers been out of work due to contact with patients with coronavirus in the next week. Things are bad.

Scaremongering again. Did you not get banned for this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So the news is mentioning people packing out pubs.

I think its time the government did the decent thing and order non essential businesses to close, because we are lacking personal responsibility in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

briany wrote: »
    We may have to put men on the border, temporarily, if this British strategy goes ahead.
    That's never going to happen.
    For a start do you know how many people would be needed and the kind of infrastructure to be put in place?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

my source says lockdown monday hospitals ready, army also building camps for excess.
    clowns in pubs prob back from Cheltenham
    also fuk u china u cuns are going to kill many here you are going to hell china

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Realistically the reality of the situation will be somewhere in the middle. The panic merchants and the ostriches with their head in the sand are one side of the same coin truth be told

I kind of agree but the problem is that somewhere in the middle is some way in excess of the capacity of the health service to deal with.The ~277 ICU beds number seems to be accepted as genuine. I have also seen people say that they can turn ORs into temporary ICUs. So there might be more but it won't double it.

OTOH for the numbers to far exceed the capacity, and erring on the optimistic side, if 20,000 people get infected, 1,000 will be critical and require intensive care. That's beyond the current capacity of the health service and is less than half of a percent of the population. That's way, way below "somewhere in the middle".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Shoes and Boots

The people in Ireland can simply isolate them self in country simply digging the hole on country road.Nobody will come and no need travel for food because there is cattle of cows and couple tones of spudz behind every second house on country side

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

blade1 wrote: »
    The drama of the parades only seems like a drop in the ocean now.

So does the Premier league being off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Why is horse racing the only sport that's continuing to be held?

Decent crowds at Uttoxeter, Fontwell and Wolverhampton today? England aren't doing enough

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Preview for us in a week or so if not already in some parts - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rZ_Qqyyb5M
    (Madrid)

It was just a few days before when the government here was pushing for the St Patricks parade to go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

An absolute disgrace
    Surely more than 100 there
    Pub is to blame as well ****heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Delighted and proud here of people giving out about the fcuking retards packing out the pubs.

Time for a bit of common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

pjohnson wrote: »

If they were alco they would just go buy it in the supermarkets.
    People are letting off steam because firstly this is a ****in very serious situation. Secondly its the last pints they will.get for weeks. Pubs will be shut, no doubt about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭paul71

tom1ie wrote: »
    Right. Lets say the country’s health service will be hopelessly overwhelmed and the death rate starts going Italian.
    If I have symptoms, the Hse aren’t gonna be any help.
    I’ll probably have a fever so I need to take medication to try and combat this.
    I’ve read on here ibuprofen can have a bad effect coupled with having with c19, so what do I take?
    Paracetamol?
    Aspirin?
    Please, people that don’t believe this scenario will happen just hold your tongue on this post and humour me for a bit.

Paracetamol, tepid water baths. Do not give children Aspirin.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Right. Lets say the country’s health service will be hopelessly overwhelmed and the death rate starts going Italian.
    I’ve read on here ibuprofen can have a bad effect coupled with having with c19, so what do I take?
    Paracetamol?
    Aspirin?
    Please, people that don’t believe this scenario will happen just hold your tongue on this post and humour me for a bit.

Not a medical professional but I'm hearing paracetamol but definitely no ibuprofen or Aspirin,
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LokiJulianus/status/1238908024007413765

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If anyone needs cheering up make sure you watch this movie

220px-Contagion_Poster.jpg

It's about hope over fear, triumph over adversity and smiles over frowns

Really uplifting movie for any nervy people and germophobes

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Danno wrote: »
    Closing the pubs is a kin to locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

What part of people staying the fúck away from each other so they don't spread the virus are people struggling with?

The virus will spread, we need it to spread slower.

A bunch of drunk idiots dribbling and spitting at each other in a packed pub will not help us slow it.

What part are you struggling with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

id rather go to pub and get a shot 80% alc prob will kill more then c%nts who let their kids roam for a month now, or those that go rampage on shops when theres no shortage, same ejjits asking for one thing yet will happily go into stores and act like lunatics prepping for doomsday. as if either scenario will make virus dissapear.

5k+ deaths almost in 5 months is peanuts compared to any even in history regarding viruses wars or other diseases.
    If any clown cant do simple maths or take into account real facts we have yearly for deaths, then f off to your social media cult lunatic hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

my source says lockdown monday hospitals ready, army also building camps for excess.
    clowns in pubs prob back from Cheltenham
    also fuk u china u cuns are going to kill many here you are going to hell china

hahhah wtf??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Why is horse racing the only sport that's continuing to be held?

they were running at navan today, behind closed doors

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

If they were alco they would just go buy it in the supermarkets.
    People are letting off steam because firstly this is a ****in very serious situation. Secondly its the last pints they will.get for weeks. Pubs will be shut, no doubt about it.
    A very serious situation which they are making worse....selfish c#nts the lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Paracetamol?
    Aspirin?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/anti-inflammatory-drugs-may-aggravate-coronavirus-infection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Shoes and Boots

pjohnson wrote: »
    No,we live in country with bad weather !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement