Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Italy stopped flights from China in January.

How is that working out for them?

Italy's first case came from Germany who got it from a visiting Chinese business woman

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

kona wrote: »
    If they were alco they would just go buy it in the supermarkets.
    People are letting off steam because firstly this is a ****in very serious situation. Secondly its the last pints they will.get for weeks. Pubs will be shut, no doubt about it.

Firstly they are useless cretins.
    Secondly they are idiots for possibly spreading the disease due to their alcoholism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭briany

gmisk wrote: »
    That's never going to happen.
    For a start do you know how many people would be needed and the kind of infrastructure to be put in place?!

Well, something may have to be done. It does depend on how much the UK mainland's approach influences what the NI government does which would be, if sanity prevails, nothing at all. In the scenario where this is not the case, however, we'll have to put some measures in place. You can't have a full lockdown on a country but still have a completely open border.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

His tweet was for likes and praise.

You seem to have some issue with Harris. Maybe just get the **** over it, he’s right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In fairness any pubs I have seen have limited the numbers in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

tom1ie wrote: »
    Right. Lets say the country’s health service will be hopelessly overwhelmed and the death rate starts going Italian.
    If I have symptoms, the Hse aren’t gonna be any help.
    I’ll probably have a fever so I need to take medication to try and combat this.
    I’ve read on here ibuprofen can have a bad effect coupled with having with c19, so what do I take?
    Paracetamol?
    Aspirin?
    Please, people that don’t believe this scenario will happen just hold your tongue on this post and humour me for a bit.

The same service that can't handle the yearly winter flu outbreak won't be able to manage a virus that is now a global pandemic.
    No slight on the workers themselves. People will be prioritized and many may not get timely treatment. Some will die. There is no vaccine

You can try and avoid the upcoming nightmare by social distancing, regularly washing your hands and following recommended guidelines.

It might just save your life, someone in your families life and Irish society as a whole.

Best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

scamalert wrote: »
    id rather go to pub and get a shot 80% alc prob will kill more then c%nts who let their kids roam for a month now, or those that go rampage on shops when theres no shortage, same ejjits asking for one thing yet will happily go into stores and act like lunatics prepping for doomsday. as if either scenario will make virus dissapear.

5k+ deaths almost in 5 months is peanuts compared to any even in history regarding viruses wars or other diseases.
    Maybe stick this rubbish up on your Facebook? Some of your mates might understand this utter gibberish and agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

If anyone needs cheering up make sure you watch this movie

220px-Contagion_Poster.jpg

It's about hope over fear, triumph over adversity and smiles over frowns

Really uplifting movie for any nervy people and germophobes

Half way through it, think we're near the musical number.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Just 2 months ago the biggest issue in the world was the US and Iran having a bit of a spat and a few missiles flying in the Middle East.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Mav11 wrote: »
    No tinfoil hat, regardless of how good that quip sounds, the point is, which you seem to have missed, is that it has NOT been reported. Why?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Probably because the recovered person hasn't met the required criteria to be listed as recovered. I don't know what that criteria is but maybe it's time based or a set number of false test results. If the person has recovered but hasn't completed these steps then that would explain it.
    Many have recovered to get 'reinfected' or perhaps just show symptoms again with the same infection. We don't know or don't have enough evidence. Hence I believe the recovered criteria may be quite hard to reach in a way. Gotta be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Should the Gardai not be shutting down any establishment open tonight with more than 100 people? Rules for one and not for the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

my source says lockdown monday hospitals ready, army also building camps for excess.
    clowns in pubs prob back from Cheltenham
    also fuk u china u cuns are going to kill many here you are going to hell china

I heard this who has a source in guards as well.

No need for racism to literally billions of people for an act of a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

martin101 wrote: »
    I'm not a mate? It's his decision to go out. Told him it's not on.what else do you want me to do? Go into town and take him out of the pub?

It is of course his decision to go out and mingle , it however shouldn't be his decision to go back to work on Monday in a fukin NURSERY HOME.
    Report the prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

https://worldcams.tv/ireland/dublin/temple-bar
    Inside that robbery of a pub
    An absolute joke
    Surely over 100 there
    Self isolation my boll**
    These will be the same people who’ll complain about the health system when they’ve got it the shower

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

So, wheres everyone going for Paddys day? I might go to the kitchen, then the sitting room... Might even be a rebel and go on a room crawl.

On a serious note, Stay safe Ireland. Huge respect to everyone on the front line.

Stay safe Ireland. God bless you and yours.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Can someone post that chart showing that no one in Italy has died so far under the age of 50. That's quiet intersting.

Diego Bianco
    Ambulance Paramedic
    48 years old
    No underlying conditions

https://milano.repubblica.it/cronaca/2020/03/14/news/coronavirus_morto_a_bergamo_un_operatore_del_118_aveva_47_anni-251290407/?ref=RHPPTP-BH-I250988111-C12-P6-S1.8-T1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Weepsie wrote: »
    Yeah, well there is a far, far bigger issue at hand right now than people's expectation of being able to have a few cans with the lads or some pints.

Some people just don't get it. They may not suffer any consequence, but someone will because of the absolute ignorance of them.

A few staff from a local school have gone off to Spain for the weekend (majority pulled out of trip) and have been sending pics of their great time to colleagues. Cretins, everyone. I hope they're kept over there, shunted into some cheap hotel and told to not move for 2 weeks.

I agree but as i said, its the society we built and enjoyed up until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Blueshoe wrote: »
    The same service that can't handle the yearly winter flu outbreak won't be able to manage a virus that is now a global pandemic.
    No slight on the workers themselves. People will be prioritized and many may not get timely treatment. Some will die. There is no vaccine

You can try and avoid the upcoming nightmare by social distancing, regularly washing your hands and following recommended guidelines.

It might just save your life, someone in your families life and Irish society as a whole.

Best of luck to all

I am adhearing to all these things, but in the event of a fever what is the best approach? Ibuprofen aspirin or paracetamol or solpadene?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

I just don't understand this.

Obviously.
    The government are in charge. They need to act in this regard. No one is breaking the law by going for a drink.

They are acting. Maybe not to the extent that some would like but you would hope that by them announcing that we are in a very serious situation and that this virus is exceptionally contagious, you wouldn't have arseholes cramming themselves into a pub.

It's not illegal and nobody is breaking the law of they cough on your face. You'd hope that people wouldnt because they are responsible and have care and respect for the general public and failing that, at least their family.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

pjohnson wrote: »
    We live in a country with a severe alcoholism issue.

No we don't ffs.

I am adhearing to all these things, but in the event of a fever what is the best approach? Ibuprofen aspirin or paracetamol or solpadene?
    Paracetamol

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Have you a link to the other article or is it the tweet about France? A single stat without context isn't much use and muddies the waters. Percentages of each age group's total cases in ICU is more helpful than a breakdown of ICU cases per se.

https://www.ad.nl/dossier-coronavirus/40-a-50-nederlandse-coronapatienten-op-intensive-cares-meer-dan-de-helft-is-onder-de-vijftig~a058aad2/

It mentions 40-50 people on ICU in Holland currently with half or more under 50

My post was merely meant to address the myth this is a old people only disease. I am not sufficiently skilled to interpret pandemic statistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Paracetamol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

There have been reports in French media that Ibuprofen should be avoided. I'm not able to back this up with any links to science, but it was widely reported on very reliable French news outlets earlier today.

It's something to do with the anti-inflammatory effects of ibuprofen though.

They're advising people to stick to paracetamol if they suspect they have it and seek medical advice i.e. phone GP.

*edit*
    Actually found a link to info in the Guardian : https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/anti-inflammatory-drugs-may-aggravate-coronavirus-infection

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

With discretion being the better part of valour, we decided against going to the local this evening. We will figure out another way to support our local businesses.

We are all in this together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Why is horse racing the only sport that's continuing to be held?

Decent crowds at Uttoxeter, Fontwell and Wolverhampton today? England aren't doing enough

Same reason why shows like Ant & Dec are the ones continuing to steam ahead I'd imagine.

I never thought I'd be one for throwing out a "darwinism" quip but you knowww...

statesaver wrote: »
    No we don't ffs.
    Of course Ireland has an issue with alcohol abuse, your delusional if you think that isn't true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Shoes and Boots

The positive thing is The more people will at home,the more babies will born :) Country gonna BabyBooming !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Yea that's because Russians are a really tough bastids like vlad, wrestling bears bare chested while riding horses bare back.....or they're lying and its ripping through the place ?

Yes this is the same country that allowed nearly a week to pass before informing us they had the biggest nuclear disaster on the planet in Chernobyl .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement