Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Should the Gardai not be shutting down any establishment open tonight with more than 100 people? Rules for one and not for the other?

No. The guidelines are just that. They are not laws/regulations.

For good reason. It's not feasible to have the Gardaí enforce a two metre social distancing regulation. OTOH, it will be very feasible for Gardaí to enforce a regulation closing pubs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

d51984 wrote: »
    So, wheres everyone going for Paddys day? I might go to the kitchen, then the sitting room... Might even be a rebel and go on a room crawl.

On a serious note, Stay safe Ireland. Huge respect to everyone on the front line.

Stay safe Ireland. God bless you and yours.

Likewise to you and yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Ironicname wrote: »
    Obviously.

They are acting. Maybe not to the extent that some would like but you would hope that by them announcing that we are in a very serious situation and that this virus is exceptionally contagious, you wouldn't have arseholes cramming themselves into a pub.

It's not illegal and nobody is breaking the law of they cough on your face. You'd hope that people wouldnt because they are responsible and have care and respect for the general public and failing that, at least their family.

The irony is if you called a politician an arsehole you'd be pulled up on it. But its okay otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

Okay, I'm beginning to wonder what is really happening!
    Approx 156000 got the virus, 6000 died, 6000 seriously Ill
    50% already recovered. Of those sick with virus 92% have mild cases.

I know we need a cure, we also need help with seasonal flue.
    98,375 people have died this year from seasonal flu. Source Worldometer.
    92000 more than with Corona.

Last month we worried about Bregit and northern border and then refugees flooding Europe and no borders. Today we have Italy in lockdown, France lockdown at midnight, Spain at 8.00am Monday morning. ÙS closing down to Europe. (Will that stop us army landing daily in Shannon on way to bombing middle East) and all countries acting independently. No EU

Only short of martial law and the vast majority of people supporting it. Even suggesting gov should close airports, bars, restaurants , crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

The positive thing is The more people will at home,the more babies will born :) Country gonna BabyBooming !

The book mating in captivity suggests the opposite!
    The next 2 weeks will be no holiday for lots of houses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Xertz wrote: »
    There have been reports in French media that Ibuprofen should be avoided. I'm not able to back this up with any links to science, but it was widely reported on very reliable French news outlets earlier today.

It's something to do with the anti-inflammatory effects of ibuprofen though.

They're advising people to stick to paracetamol if they suspect they have it and seek medical advice i.e. phone GP.

Here’s the link

https://www.thelocal.fr/20200314/coronavirus-french-health-minister-issues-warning-over-anti-flammatories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Should the Gardai not be shutting down any establishment open tonight with more than 100 people? Rules for one and not for the other?

i'm open to correction....but i dont think they can, as it was a recommendation to the public rather than anything unlawful.
    there was a question asked on radio i think it was to someone official, cant remember who..and the scenario of a wedding split into two ajoining rooms, allowing 100 in each room, if this would be allowed ..i think the answer was something like these are recommendations only to public.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

tom1ie wrote: »
    I am adhearing to all these things, but in the event of a fever what is the best approach? Ibuprofen aspirin or paracetamol or solpadene?

There have been reports that Ibuprofen may worsen the effects of the virus, paracetamol has been recommended instead.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/anti-inflammatory-drugs-may-aggravate-coronavirus-infection

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There have been reports in French media that Ibuprofen should be avoided. I'm not able to back this up with any links to science, but it was widely reported on very reliable French news outlets earlier today.

They're advising people to stick to paracetamol if they suspect they have it.

Various reports about this today saying there is a fear anti-inflammatories are a problem and should not be taken by anyone with the virus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

They're advising people to stick to paracetamol if they suspect they have it and seek medical advice i.e. phone GP.

Thanks.
    I really think they need to be reporting the “steer clear of ibuprofen “ line, because in a weeks time we won’t get through to the Hse or our gp’s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

20silkcut wrote: »
    Yes this is the same country that allowed nearly a week to pass before informing us they had the biggest nuclear disaster on the planet in Chernobyl .

There are at least half a dozen ways it is clearly not "the same country" or anything like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

tom1ie wrote: »
    I am adhearing to all these things, but in the event of a fever what is the best approach? Ibuprofen aspirin or paracetamol or solpadene?

Not Ibuprofen according to France.
    This is from a reliable media source.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/anti-inflammatory-drugs-may-aggravate-coronavirus-infection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

https://www.ad.nl/dossier-coronavirus/40-a-50-nederlandse-coronapatienten-op-intensive-cares-meer-dan-de-helft-is-onder-de-vijftig~a058aad2/

It mentions 40-50 people on ICU in Holland currently with half or more under 50

My post was merely meant to address the myth this is a old people only disease. I am not sufficiently skilled to interpret pandemic statistics.

Thanks for the link. Interesting article.

Also Google Translate has come a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

juno10353 wrote: »

Last month we worried about Bregit and northern border and then refugees flooding Europe and no borders. Today we have Italy in lockdown, France lockdown at midnight, Spain at 8.00am Monday morning. ÙS closing down to Europe. (Will that stop us army landing daily in Shannon on way to bombing middle East) and all countries acting independently. No EU

Only short of martial law and the vast majority of people supporting it. Even suggesting gov should close airports, bars, restaurants , crazy

Simple solution to your confusion= read the reports of doctors working in Italian hospitals. You will no longer think these measures are “crazy”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

I know we need a cure, we also need help with seasonal flu.

Last month we worried about Brexit and northern border and then refugees flooding Europe and no borders. Today we have Italy in lockdown, France lockdown at midnight, Spain at 8.00am Monday morning. ÙS closing down to Europe. (Will that stop us army landing daily in Shannon on way to bombing middle East) and all countries acting independently. No EU

take your tin foil garments out off the oven, gonna need all the clothes you can get !

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

statesaver wrote: »
    No we don't ffs.

Remember the ad, Smithwicks, are you going for a pint

A lot of what we do in Ireland revolves around alcohol and pubs... If people were told going to a pub might make you gravely ill, some would still go.

To be fair to those posting about Temple Bar pubs, most of the people in them are most likely not Irish. No sane Irish person would go there at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

We have a family dinner planned for Monday. 8 people. Two of them over 60.

Would you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

LRNM wrote: »

Would you go?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

No we don't ffs.

Lets just say an unhealthy relationship with drink. These edgelords are giving two fingers to everyone here. They don't care if they get it, and dont care if they pass it on to others. People could die because of them.

It's treasonous.

I’m wondering too!
    By next weekend martial law would be the logical progression.

Some may say it’s not the correct thread but what’s happening was unthinkable a short few weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Would you go?

Jesus , maybe turn the news on and come back to us yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Reeling in the years 2020 is gonna be long!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

The positive thing is The more people will at home,the more babies will born :) Country gonna BabyBooming !

Fair play if you can get it up during a pandemic

Also there was a baby born with the virus, not something to look forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Honestly I have no idea where to start with that ramble.
    Let's start with the 92 percent mild cases.
    Pretty much everywhere says it is 80 percent.

Corona is also multiples times more deadly than the flu, stats are all over the place but at least seem to be a minimum 1% (other are a lot lot higher) common flu is generally seen as 0.1%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

No we don't ffs.

Remember the ad, Smithwicks, are you going for a pint

A lot of what we do in Ireland revolves around alcohol and pubs... If people were told going to a pub might make you gravely ill, some would still go.

To be fair to those posting about Temple Bar pubs, most of the people in them are most likely not Irish. No sane Irish person would go there at the weekend.

Would you go?

I will but I hardly know you and I certainly don’t know your folks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

gmisk wrote: »
    Of course Ireland has an issue with alcohol abuse, your delusional if you think that isn't true

We must hang out with different crowds, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

paul71 wrote: »
    37 to 39 is mild fever and not dangerous, 39 to 42 is a high fever and can be dangerous for children, 42 and above is highly dangerous to anyone.

Your lungs filling with fluid and being drowned is also dangerous to anyone.

Let the professionals keep your temperature down if they're there and it's deemed to be required. Otherwise I wouldn't really second guess what your body's response is to try to save you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

paul71 wrote: »
    37 to 39 is mild fever and not dangerous, 39 to 42 is a high fever and can be dangerous for children, 42 and above is highly dangerous to anyone.

Yeah, as I said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,200 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Has the government issued new rules?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement