Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

just watching Jonathan Ross show (I presume it's live?) every guest coming out and shaking hands with eachother and him.What the **** are the UK at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭20silkcut

There are at least half a dozen ways it is clearly not "the same country" or anything like it!

Putin was a loyal foot soldier of the communist regime and is steeped in its ideology and Russian patriotism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

gmisk wrote: »
    No I am sorry this is simply not true.
    One pico...not closed forever.
    Clearly says on their twitter

Another restaurant said this to a friend of mine. This other restaurant is closing down now as they were told to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone else’s mental health really deteriorating? I can’t think about anything else except this.

Nope, still going for walks and listening to good music.
    Planning for the summer atm.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Reeling in the years 2020 is gonna be long!

And we can celebrate that joke's 20th anniversary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Mav11 wrote: »
    You could be very well correct, but doesn't it seem a bit strange that an infected individual would be considered to hit the criteria to be "cured" and released from hospital, but not to be reported as such?

Definitely a strange one. It's been an ongoing issue in all reports thus far from all countries. The time of sickness is different for everyone, recovery of a 22 year old could be 5 weeks. It could be 6 months for a 60 year old. But who says your officially recovered anyways?
    All said I'm just trying to genuinely answer your question. I'd say it's somewhere in the confusion of the not knowing between all parties involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Why don't they install a few prefabs near to the hospitals and have isolation units and what not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I hope the government have some supports planned to be put in place for businesses if they are gonna expect closures in the likes of retail , pubs and restaurants for staff and employers.
    It's scary enough thinking about catching the virus and now the added worry of no job,no income on top of that too is stressing me out.

As someone said earlier on, why has no country tried to isolate the over 65s and immunocompromised? Put supports in place for shopping to be delivered ,or dinners etc. Surely that would have somewhat stopped the pressures on the hospitals if it's not too severe In the younger aged groups and the economy wouldn't be as badly in tatters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

skimpydoo wrote: »
    One Pico has closed down forever and if what I am hearing is true we will be having a mini Paris situation on our hands.

They're saying until further notice on Twitter

This is the sort of news people should be talking about, businesses closing and people losing their jobs with no end in sight for when they may get their job back

Rather than a bunch of tourists (probably lots of Italians) in Temple Bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Shoes and Boots

cjmc wrote: »
    Has the government issued new rules?
    Yes ! Alcohol from cans and bottles only ! Drinks from kegs are banned ! No more 3 drinkers together ! No less 5 mtrs one from another !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,716 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Mod alert: Should the French warning about ibuprofen be added to the Coronavirus sticky thread?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058057766

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

LRNM wrote: »
    We have a family dinner planned for Monday. 8 people. Two of them over 60.

Would you go?

Personally no. I think all gatherings are pointless can't enjoy them anyway would feel uneasy. I'm not calling to my dads house I shop check in ring few times a day etc. Won't be calling. Think its best to distance and stay home.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Our biggest tourist attraction is a brewery.

What does that tell you about this country's relationship with alcohol?

Serious health problems and other issues at home and pretty humiliating abroad to be honest.

The stereotypes are earned, not given.

My sister was let go from Guinnesses this morning. They're closed for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Another restaurant said this to a friend of mine. This other restaurant is closing down now as they were told to.
    Ok...so one pico isn't closing down as per their own twitter...but this other unnamed one is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

You need an isolation hospital and accomodation on site for healthcare workers otherwise they become a vector for further spread.

The government need to identify such a facility asap.

That would be Thurles fever hospital, later renamed Thurles District Hospital

They closed it in 1988.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

HBC08 wrote: »
    just watching Jonathan Ross show (I presume it's live?) every guest coming out and shaking hands with eachother and him.What the **** are the UK at?

Pretty sure that’s an old episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Great doc about Miles Davis on BBC2 now if anyone's into jazz

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Go on?
    Restaurants are being told to close down, I think for 2 weeks but this will probably be extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

No point of booze bashing at the min, if country's favorite pastime was tiddlywinks and the were allowed to hop from one venue to another while keep the numbers I each to under 100 It would be the same issue.

Thousands will be out Tuesday do the same, with plastic cups on the street.

It madness have these places open on the busiest day of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement

Ok...so one pico isn't closing down ...
    And you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I read Le Monde on this earlier. It is very important to remember that Ibubrofen is only contra indicated when you have a fever, and/or C19.

I will continue to take it for my dodgy knee. Works well on that front.

If you are asymptomatic you will not have a fever either IMV.

Someone far more qualified than me needs to tell us exactly what the dangers are with Ibubrofen, and quickly, otherwise those who need it for certain conditions will not take it and suffer unnecessarily, when it might be perfectly safe to do so.

Is there a Hse twitter account or something this question could be asked? So many people take nuerofen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

LRNM wrote: »
    We have a family dinner planned for Monday. 8 people. Two of them over 60.

Would you go?
    I probably won't but thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Definitely a strange one. It's been an ongoing issue in all reports thus far from all countries. The time of sickness is different for everyone, recovery of a 22 year old could be 5 weeks. It could be 6 months for a 60 year old. But who says your officially recovered anyways?
    All said I'm just trying to genuinely answer your question. I'd say it's somewhere in the confusion of the not knowing between all parties involved.

I suppose more of a rhetorical question. I put the same question to somebody "in the know" this evening and was told it was for GDPR reasons. Never heard such bull**** in my entire life!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

I don't think a person's circle is entirely representative of Ireland's relationship with alcohol....but I am also thankful we don't hang out.... if that helps ...

Generalisations and stereotypes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

xtal191 wrote: »
    That's like something from television. Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

We are going through some tough times now, with more to come undoubtedly. Most would never have felt the anxiety from this real and present danger to themselves and family before and may result in future mental health issues. The British had Vera Lynn during the difficult times of WW2, with songs like We'll meet again, can I suggest a really old song my grandfather used to play, which I felt uplifting

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

With Patricks day around the corner imagine the pressure the government is under from the VFI and the like, pub closure from Wednesday on perhaps,because of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

HBC08 wrote: »

You'll be glad to know it was a repeat and JR is never live in any case. But yes we are taking it less seriously than you guys I feel. Plenty of panic shopping, before going out to places with huge crowds. Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

On a lighter note, Frey Bentos pies are still delish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement