Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

xtal191 wrote: »

Do these know something we don’t. Is the virus mutating or something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

UK are starting to panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

That’s unreal. How far away from this scenario are we now I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That has freaked the **** out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

is_that_so wrote: »
    How can that be done "simply", pray tell? And what would we do about all of these revoked licences once this has passed?

I'd advocate a government of national unity and a state of emergency giving the government widespread powers including powers to shutdown or keep open certain businesses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

skimpydoo wrote: »
    And you know this?
    Read....their...twitter....
    That other person said they were closing down forever...they arent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

fritzelly wrote: »
    They're saying until further notice on Twitter

This is the sort of news people should be talking about, businesses closing and people losing their jobs with no end in sight for when they may get their job back

Rather than a bunch of tourists (probably lots of Italians) in Temple Bar

Some of us have, you can check back my posts. Too lazy to c+p at the moment.

We are not all a bunch of raving lunatics with an axe to grind. All many want is a clear DECISION by Government and soon.

We are a bit ahead of other European countries in this and if someone, somewhere took decisive action to go into lockdown on Monday say, together with income supports etc, I reckon the vast majority would be very relieved, and would comply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Shoes and Boots

The Ireland as island had great opportunity start great level of quarantine once virus started in China ! Bot government as usual did nothing ! The country could close airports,ports and keep restaraunts and pubs open.Now they has lock up everything and have sick people on island !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/cd4c9b-deasp-customer-notice/

For those who might be worrying about being let go from work and having no income.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Holy **** that is so surreal it's hardly believable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

We'd probably still have alcos roaming the street during the announcement and thicks rambling about "flu"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

statesaver wrote: »
    Generalisations and stereotypes
    Second highest binge drinking rate in the world.
    An estimated 150k+ alcoholics.
    Yep generalisations and stereotypes...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Any particular reason u say this?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

wakka12 wrote: »
    This is just surreal

I can't open that link what is it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Some of us have, you can check back my posts. Too lazy to c+p at the moment.

We are not all a bunch of raving lunatics with an axe to grind. All many want is a clear DECISION by Government and soon.

We are a bit ahead of other European countries in this and if someone, somewhere took decisive action to go into lockdown on Monday say, together with income supports etc, I reckon the vast majority would be very relieved, and would comply.

I've followed the thread since the start, I know you are one of the more sane ones but bleeding hell 30 pages of posts about a webcam of Temple Bar that everyone knows is full of tourists/lunatics is frigging ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

UK airline industry needs at least £7.5bn in immediate government aid per Sky News.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

fritzelly wrote: »
    They're saying until further notice on Twitter

This is the sort of news people should be talking about, businesses closing and people losing their jobs with no end in sight for when they may get their job back

Rather than a bunch of tourists (probably lots of Italians) in Temple Bar

That is something that will come in the aftermath of fallout from the situation. Given the economic implications of this lasting for months I would say very few people should not be worried about impact this will have on them personally. Likely we are looking at another global recession that will touch everyone.

At the moment though the light needs to be on dealing with the bloody ongoing crisis. That video in temple bar may seem like a silly thing to focus on but it is indiavtive of behaviour that needs to be highly discouraged as part of dealing with and controlling the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Imagine moving from a strong hangover straight into a fever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Lashes28 wrote: »
    I hope the government have some supports planned to be put in place for businesses if they are gonna expect closures in the likes of retail , pubs and restaurants for staff and employers.
    It's scary enough thinking about catching the virus and now the added worry of no job,no income on top of that too is stressing me out.

As someone said earlier on, why has no country tried to isolate the over 65s and immunocompromised? Put supports in place for shopping to be delivered ,or dinners etc. Surely that would have somewhat stopped the pressures on the hospitals if it's not too severe In the younger aged groups and the economy wouldn't be as badly in tatters.

Yep the virus effects needs to be minimised at all costs but unfortunately so does the economic effects.
    It’s a viscous circle but both effects need to be minimised and perhaps if the elderly and vulnerable were isolated the economic effects, ICU demand and economic disaster could be minimised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Say 40% of the population get Covid 19. Roughly 2 million, given WHO guidance that's a conservative enough figure.

You have 300,000 in the 18-42 years category. There's a cohort of this group who regard themselves as the 'invincibles'. If 0.2% of this group die that's 6,000. So there will be some cocky p*icks who are in for a ride awakening.

Before the 4 or 5 usual suspect naysayers come on these are WHO percentages. 40% infected is lower end of the scale.

Edit: Actually looking at 2016 census we have 2 million in the 18-24 category. So 40,000 deaths..my God.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Ireland as island had great opportunity start great level of quarantine once virus started in China ! Bot government as usual did nothing ! The country could close airports,ports and keep restaraunts and pubs open.Now they has lock up everything and have sick people on island !

So let me get this straight.

When the virus started in China in Sept 2019, you think the government should have stopped all travel into the country?

Is that what you're saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

gmisk wrote: »
    Second highest binge drinking rate in the world.
    An estimated 150k+ alcoholics.
    Yep generalisations and stereotypes...
    Looks like we're not going to have too many of them around any more after this weekend.
    That has freaked the **** out of me

That was happening in Italy on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Doc07

voluntary wrote: »
    paracetamol for a fever, solpadaine as a painkiller.
    there's an advice not to take ibuprofen with this virus.

don't take these unless the fever is unmanageable. Your body fights the virus better with a fever. Only reduce the temperature if it go above 39 C or so

I’m sure you don’t mean any harm but this isn’t medical advice or any advice for that matter. And solpadeine has paracetamol in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Anyone want a great eye opener.

Watch the movie Contagion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

tom1ie wrote: »
    Is there a Hse twitter account or something this question could be asked? So many people take nuerofen.

I dunno, but seems to me the issue with Ibubrofen is with treating C19, not other things.

But who knows, it's just what I'm reading in the French Press online (reliable papers).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭dan786

ETFmho3XQAI8Exc?format=jpg&name=large

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement