Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

A thread to name and shame institutions/shops that are profiteering during this crisis might be beneficial.
    I mean by the selling, well above normal cost, for essentials. Well above what they have payed for them.

I have read just now one (I will try and substantiate) Galway retailer hammering on cost of sanitiser.
    There may be the opportunity for us to to boycott these retailers in future. The bottomfeeders on Adverts selling (as is their right) dustmasks has sickened me to no end. The buyers are likely the very anxious and those with loved ones with high-risk underlying illnesses.

Per capita, we had the highest contributions to LiveAid. At a time, when we hadn't a pot to piss in compared to many other countries. We've come a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

NIMAN wrote: »
    So let me get this straight.

When the virus started in China in Sept 2019, you think the government should have stopped all travel into the country?

Is that what you're saying?

That poster is best ignored. They're only looking for a reaction

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,590 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

tom1ie wrote: »
    I am adhearing to all these things, but in the event of a fever what is the best approach? Ibuprofen aspirin or paracetamol or solpadene?

Do not ask for, or offer, any medical advice on this site.

Any questions PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Doc07

paul71 wrote: »
    37 to 39 is mild fever and not dangerous, 39 to 42 is a high fever and can be dangerous for children, 42 and above is highly dangerous to anyone.

I’m sure you mean no harm but this is just pure ****etalk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone want a great eye opener.

Watch the movie Contagion.

Just finished it. Not the best of movies but really alike what's going on now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

gmisk wrote: »
    Second highest binge drinking rate in the world.
    An estimated 150k+ alcoholics.
    Yep generalisations and stereotypes...

Damn it, was hoping we'd be first. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

That has freaked the **** out of me

Its Benidorm. That's a weekly warning they send to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

We are not an isolated island though this country is a major tourist attraction all through out the year never mind the fact that it's our national holiday in just over 72 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

froog wrote: »
    yes. i'm prone to anxiety at the best of times and it's pretty bad right now.

the following helps me;

walks
    books
    funny youtube podcasts not about corona
    computer games

basically anything to take you mind off it.

For games I recommend The Last of Us or A Plague Tale: Innocence.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Say 40% of the population get Covid 19. Roughly 2 million, given WHO guidance that's a conservative enough figure.

You have 300,000 in the 18-42 years category. There's a cohort of this group who regard themselves as the 'invincibles'. If 0.2% of this group die that's 6,000. So there will be some cocky p*icks who are in for a ride awakening.

Before the 4 or 5 usual suspect naysayers come on these are WHO percentages. 40% infected is lower end of the scale.

I’m in that age group, as are most of my colleagues and friends.
    I don’t appreciate your description of that age group

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Shoes and Boots

NIMAN wrote: »
    So let me get this straight.

When the virus started in China in Sept 2019, you think the government should have stopped all travel into the country?

Is that what you're saying?
    Yes ! The sooner,The better ! They did not use opportunity of island ! And they still has to lock up country now ! Having sick people on board already and closed pubs and bussnises ! When they could only lock up airport and port since october !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Andrea B. wrote: »
    A thread to name and shame institutions/shops that are profiteering during this crisis might be beneficial.
    I mean by the selling, well above normal cost, for essentials. Well above what they have payed for them.

I have read just now one (I will try and substantiate) Galway retailer hammering on cost of sanitiser.
    There may be the opportunity for us to to boycott these retailers in future. The bottomfeeders on Adverts selling (as is their right) dustmasks has sickened me to no end. The buyers are likely the very anxious and those with loved ones with high-risk underlying illnesses.

Per capita, we had the highest contributions to LiveAid. At a time, when we hadn't a pot to piss in compared to many other countries. We've come a long way.

What did this Galway retailer pay for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

We are not an isolated island though this country is a major tourist attraction all through out the year never mind the fact that it's our national holiday in just over 72 hours.

Almost 100% guaranteed that government will announce more stringent “lockdown” measures ahead of St Patrick’s Day, similar to what was announced in France and Spain today. My opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

briany wrote: »
    We may have to put men on the border, temporarily, if this British strategy goes ahead.

Ha-ha-Ha....`men on the border`

Pfffffffft....catch a grip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

There are 2 countries on this island, which means there will be 2 different approaches to solving any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Andrea B. wrote: »

Don't be quick to judge the shop, they could be getting robbed at the wholesalers themselves. Pharmacist posted earlier that prices had massively jumped for stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone else’s mental health really deteriorating? I can’t think about anything else except this.

Try to stay calm, stress can have quite a negative effect on your immune system.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yes ! The sooner,The better ! They did not use opportunity of island ! And they still has to lock up country now ! Having sick people on board already and closed pubs and bussnises ! When they could only lock up airport and port since october !

You are an idiot.

I will be adding you to an ignore list to avoid any more of your nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

God I'm sick of hearing about the goddamn pub and toilet rolls!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

That is a valid question. I would hope that he gwas getting screwed, but knowing the retailer and behavior in past, I suspect not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'll unsubscribe from this thread for my own sanity. Grown adults who need the state to close the pubs for them because they're either too selfish or too thick to follow guidelines. It won't be these gob****es that suffer though, it'll be the poor vulnerable unfortunates they infect. Thankfully, I know plenty of frontline workers that restore my faith in humanity while johnny dickhead is sitting in the pub thinking how great he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Mick Wallace throwing his tuppence in talking about immigrants need to be let in more than we currently do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Sorry guys, only read last two pages so far, but glad I did because I didn't know about neuofen for the kids. Will keep them on calpol.

Anyway, iv been running a fever of over 38.5 since last Monday, I really didn't take notice until Thursday when the schools closed and I had a tightness on my chest and on Friday I rang my doctor. She said OK, sounds like corona and you might have it but the criteria to be tested was for travelling abroad etc. I told her I had work Saturday and she said no, noway isolate for 2 weeks and keep the kids away from my mam for a month or 6 weeks.

The criteria changed at 6pm last night and I rang the South doc and they said they were referring me for a test and someone would call me back. My work want me to get tested to rule it out but iv heard nothing yet. My boss said stay out the weekend and check temp Mon and see how I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

ITman88 wrote: »

I'm in it myself. And I stand by the 'invincible' cohort. It's an age thing, mortality is far from many of their minds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

What happens when the pubs run out of toilet rolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ibuprofen does tend to cause problems with lungs. Many asthmatics are advised not to take ibuprofen for this reason.

Given the relationship between covid19 and lungs (it kills through pneumonia) I would want to talk to a medical professional before using ibuprofen if you suspect you may have covid19.

Yes, you are right re asthma and lung stuff.

I'm not qualified to say anymore, but we probably need someone who is to get the message out anyway, in the middle of everything else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

ITman88 wrote: »

I'm also in that age group. What was wrong with the posters comment?

They're right, there is a fraction of 18-42 who regard themselves as invincible. (Not to say there's not in other age groups)

But it is predominantly in that heathy, agile group. "won't happen to me" types. I don't see what's offensive about someone stating that?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,110 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

cloudatlas wrote: »
    God I'm sick of hearing about the goddamn pub and toilet rolls!
    This is not the thread you are looking for...

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

tbh i'm quite happy to stay at home. spent a lot of money building and fitting out my house with all the mod cons and over a third of my income goes to the mortgage so i'm happy to have extra time in it to actually enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-vaccine-delays-brexit-ema-expensive

There is no vaccine! and they are starting to talk about how we won't get it. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement