Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pepsirebel

revelman wrote: »
    Almost 100% guaranteed that government will announce more stringent “lockdown” measures ahead of St Patrick’s Day, similar to what was announced in France and Spain today. My opinion.

They'll wait until afterwards just like Cheltenham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Naggdefy wrote: »
    You have 300,000 in the 18-42 years category. There's a cohort of this group who regard themselves as the 'invincibles'. If 0.2% of this group die that's 6,000. So there will be some cocky p*icks who are in for a ride awakening.

600 not 6000

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

fritzelly wrote: »
    Don't be quick to judge the shop, they could be getting robbed at the wholesalers themselves. Pharmacist posted earlier that prices had massively jumped for stuff
    Yep. There's always some who profit out of misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Anyone else se the pic on twitter of a bunch of egits dressed in disposable overalls and masks and one guy dressed as a bottle of corona queuing to get into the temple bar? Tell me that's not real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

revelman wrote: »
    Almost 100% guaranteed that government will announce more stringent “lockdown” measures ahead of St Patrick’s Day, similar to what was announced in France and Spain today. My opinion.

National Drinking Day will be an unusual affair this year, I'm sure there will be a run on the offies tomorrow just in case they close offies and pubs.. I can see lots of street and estate drinking hopefully the weather stays dry.

• Advertisement

Tried to stay away from it this evening but WhatsApp groups are lit all day and this was probably already posted but what the **** is wrong with people

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1238929572701384704?s=19

Selfish bastards putting the lives of elderly and immune deficient people at risk and ****ing over the people doing God's work in the hospitals

Call it faux outrage but personally I'm ****ing disgusted at this behaviour

Fair ****s to Harris for calling this out straight

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

statesaver wrote: »
    There are 2 countries on this island, which means there will be 2 different approaches to solving any problems.

No sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

ja1986 wrote: »
    Sorry guys, only read last two pages so far, but glad I did because I didn't know about neuofen for the kids. Will keep them on calpol.

Anyway, iv been running a fever of over 38.5 since last Monday, I really didn't take notice until Thursday when the schools closed and I had a tightness on my chest and on Friday I rang my doctor. She said OK, sounds like corona and you might have it but the criteria to be tested was for travelling abroad etc. I told her I had work Saturday and she said no, noway isolate for 2 weeks and keep the kids away from my mam for a month or 6 weeks.

The criteria changed at 6pm last night and I rang the South doc and they said they were referring me for a test and someone would call me back. My work want me to get tested to rule it out but iv heard nothing yet. My boss said stay out the weekend and check temp Mon and see how I feel.

NO, until your tested and get a negative result do not go back into work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Pac1Man wrote: »
    For games I recommend The Last of Us or A Plague Tale: Innocence.

State of Decay, Dying Light and DayZ are not bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Pepsirebel wrote: »
    They'll wait until afterwards just like Cheltenham

I really don't think we are following the UKs line on this.

Give us some credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Mick Wallace throwing his tuppence in talking about immigrants need to be let in more than we currently do now.

Ah Christ! How did that muppet back into the country. There are few benefits to a lockdown but keeping Mick Wallace and Claire Daly out must surely be near the top of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Most of the UK news such as sky news are focussing largely on the the economic impacts of the disease and not so much on the public health aspect. Very odd compared to here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Mick Wallace throwing his tuppence in talking about immigrants need to be let in more than we currently do now.

Wonder has he paid his 1.2 million or so tax bill ?

Whoever voted or votes for that cnut supports tax evasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭dan786

Some people are very stupid...

Colombia expelled two French nationals and two Spaniards for violating coronavirus quarantine rules, immigration officials said today.

The two couples separately took tourist trips in defiance of restrictions imposed on visitors from the worst-affected countries to try to limit the pandemic.

Colombia's President Ivan Duque on Wednesday ordered travelers from France, Spain, Italy and China to be isolated on arrival in the country.

Immigration authorities said the couples had been expected to remain in isolation in their hotels for 14 days.

The French couple in their 60s, who arrived in the country on March 11, instead left their accommodation to take a tour to Mongui, about 150 miles away.

The Spanish couple, aged 30 and 27, landed in Bogota on a flight from Madrid on March 12 but quickly left their hotel to tour the capital.

The Colombian immigration authority did not say if any of the four were suspected of carrying the coronavirus.

It said in a statement they were taken to Bogota's El Dorado International Airport and told to leave the country "immediately".

Colombia, which has 22 suspected cases of the coronavirus by Saturday, expelled a Spanish woman the day before for the same reason.

On Friday, Colombia extended the restriction to foreigners arriving from across Europe and Asia, the main sources of the pandemic. Colombians arriving back in the country have to self-isolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Most of the UK news such as sky news are focussing largely on the the economic impacts of the disease and not so much on the public health aspect. Very odd compared to here.

Hardly, did you not pay attention to any of brexit?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

For my farming relatives. Will sheep dip kill the virus?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Am I am I am I am I am I am the only one with aaaaaa keg and tap in me sitting room. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

ja1986 wrote: »
    Sorry guys, only read last two pages so far, but glad I did because I didn't know about neuofen for the kids. Will keep them on calpol.

Anyway, iv been running a fever of over 38.5 since last Monday, I really didn't take notice until Thursday when the schools closed and I had a tightness on my chest and on Friday I rang my doctor. She said OK, sounds like corona and you might have it but the criteria to be tested was for travelling abroad etc. I told her I had work Saturday and she said no, noway isolate for 2 weeks and keep the kids away from my mam for a month or 6 weeks.

The criteria changed at 6pm last night and I rang the South doc and they said they were referring me for a test and someone would call me back. My work want me to get tested to rule it out but iv heard nothing yet. My boss said stay out the weekend and check temp Mon and see how I feel.

Sorry to hear you are unwell. I don't know where you are but suspect it's Cork since you mentioned SouthDoc.

I thought there was a drive through facility for testing in Cork, or was that just a Facebook thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Lots of oldies out and about in the shops and cafes these last couple of days. If those most at risk don't want to isolate themselves why should younger people?

Do I really have to spell it out?

1. Young people are far, far, far, far, far, far less likely to run into severe complications and death with this.

2. The young people have their whole lives ahead of them to do whatever the hell they want.

3. Just what is the big deal with isolating? People don't seen capable at the moment even for a single day, even though they do that normally plenty anyway! And for young people, it's ironic they want to be out as they are so glued to their phones all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

State of Decay, Dying Light and DayZ are not bad either.

Division 2

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

dan786 wrote: »
    Some people are very stupid...

Colombia expelled two French nationals and two Spaniards for violating coronavirus quarantine rules, immigration officials said today.

The two couples separately took tourist trips in defiance of restrictions imposed on visitors from the worst-affected countries to try to limit the pandemic.

Colombia's President Ivan Duque on Wednesday ordered travelers from France, Spain, Italy and China to be isolated on arrival in the country.

Immigration authorities said the couples had been expected to remain in isolation in their hotels for 14 days.

The French couple in their 60s, who arrived in the country on March 11, instead left their accommodation to take a tour to Mongui, about 150 miles away.

The Spanish couple, aged 30 and 27, landed in Bogota on a flight from Madrid on March 12 but quickly left their hotel to tour the capital.

The Colombian immigration authority did not say if any of the four were suspected of carrying the coronavirus.

It said in a statement they were taken to Bogota's El Dorado International Airport and told to leave the country "immediately".

Colombia, which has 22 suspected cases of the coronavirus by Saturday, expelled a Spanish woman the day before for the same reason.

On Friday, Colombia extended the restriction to foreigners arriving from across Europe and Asia, the main sources of the pandemic. Colombians arriving back in the country have to self-isolate.

Whats your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Just finished it. Not the best of movies but really alike what's going on now.
    It's as if they were preparing us for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

NIMAN wrote: »
    So let me get this straight.

When the virus started in China in Sept 2019, you think the government should have stopped all travel into the country?

Is that what you're saying?

How did you know the virus started in September of last year?

The virus was first identified in January of this year, I think. In Wuhan, in China, people started appearing in December with similar symptoms - cough, fever, respiratory conditions, taking 14 days incubation period and maybe another 14 days or 21 days for disease progression, - it probably would have been brewing there since October.

The virus was first identified in January so our government wasn't in a position to ban the Chinese from coming into our country. I think Michael Martin
    Wanted to ban flights from Italy towards the end of February. That really would have been the best course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

namloc1980 wrote: »
    When the dust settles the British people will hopefully realise that their government cares much more about money than they do about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

bb12 wrote: »
    tbh i'm quite happy to stay at home. spent a lot of money building and fitting out my house with all the mod cons and over a third of my income goes to the mortgage so i'm happy to have extra time in it to actually enjoy it.

Fair play enjoy the misery

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭laurah591

Update on my personal case, i cannot find anyone to test me until Monday! Besides that, all is good :)

How are you? What symptoms have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Simon Haris has just been critical of the pub video.

Has he forgotten he's in charge and force the pubs to close. Idiot.

What an idiotic post. If pubs and people are sensible, pubs can remain open with social distancing enforced.

The problem once again is Ireland’s entitlement culture and the refusal to take personal responsibility for anything and childishly think the government can solve every issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

Anyone else se the pic on twitter of a bunch of egits dressed in disposable overalls and masks and one guy dressed as a bottle of corona queuing to get into the temple bar? Tell me that's not real.

Corona Craic

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

Do these know something we don’t. Is the virus mutating or something

Something strange going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We have nothing to fear but...

...assholes going to pubs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement